Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFXI 30 days free trial download coming soon!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI 30 days free trial download coming soon!!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/

Quote:
    How to get your download code

There are two ways to get a download code, kupo!

1. For a limited time, eligible products from the above partners contain free download codes to download FINAL FANTASY XI and play FREE for 30 days, kupo! See product packages or partner websites for details.

2. Purchase FINAL FANTASY XI: The Vana'diel Collection! Each copy contains a Vana'diel Buddy Pass to let a friend download FINAL FANTASY XI and play FREE for 30 days, kupo!

Download coming soon!

Editted by fastcart to have more information in original post.
    Last edited by fastcart; 08-20-2005, 07:17 AM.
    http://cbot.deviantart.com/
    Are you a casual gamer?Join my FFXIV group for casual gamers : http://member.square-enix.com/na/fan...op.php?gid=786

Re: FFXI 30 days free trial download coming soon!!

This is indeed good news. Thank you for pointing this out. Maybe people buying new Logitech hardware will recieve these coupons.

Comment

Thats nice but you have to buy the product then spend the multiple hours downloading FFXI. Your only saving $8us dollars and it will take soo much longer to get running aposed to buying the retail version even though it costs $8 more is worth it IMO for the saved time. Plus Alienware PCs are extreamly expensive.

Comment

Seems to me that htis would be a good idea if they were about to release an expansion. Get some people interested to get some newer users, and then drop another bomb on them. Like giving them pharmaceutical grade weed, and then bumping them up to the good stuff! lol but it's a great way to get people hearing about the game. Might bring us some fresh meat.
        Odude
        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I'm assuming a 100-200mb download for a "trial" version. Or it could just be Benchmark #4.

Title: Sergeant Major
          SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
          Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
          Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
          Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Originally posted by fastcart
            I'm assuming a 100-200mb download for a "trial" version. Or it could just be Benchmark #4.
            But what would you leave out?

I guess they could miss out RotZ and CoP areas to cut out a bit but they still need most if not everything from the original game. Including POL that's what? 3.5 GB?

Comment

All a trial would need is 2 or 3 zones. One zone from a starting city or Jeuno, and an xp zone. Anything else would be decorations really.

Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major

Comment

Do we really want more fresh meat?

Comment

All a trial would need is 2 or 3 zones. One zone from a starting city or Jeuno, and an xp zone. Anything else would be decorations really.
                  IMO they shouldent do that, I downloaded EQ2 trial and that took a day to download (my contection is 160Kb/s) and you could only get to level six and you could finish the whole trial in less than 3 hours and isent fun to play once you maxed out the lvls.

They could make a 2-3 zone trial work buy if its like the EQ2 than I hope they dint put too much effort in to it. Anyways i realy think they are going to let them download the full program.

Comment

hmmh...my roomate is interested in this, will we need a valid creditcard for this or....?

Comment

meh.. the first few levels of FFXI wouldn't bring too many people in i think.. Nothing too groundbreaking in Saruta, gustaberg or ronfaure... couldn't be jueno.. because Batallia, rolanberry and sauramogue are too high lvl.. and we don't wan't MORE High lvl nubs running around do we?
                      (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                      sigpic

Comment

If i were them, I'd provide each of the 5 races with the ability to "test" each of the 15 jobs at level 30 (or 50 or 60). That would catch ppl's attention.

Running around at lvl 1-5 aint fun.

Comment

If i were them, I'd provide each of the 5 races with the ability to "test" each of the 15 jobs at level 30 (or 50 or 60). That would catch ppl's attention.

Running around at lvl 1-5 aint fun.
                          But no one would have a clue what they were doing, players develop skills as they level and learn to play.

fk yes

Comment

There would be a manual and a non-interactive demo like in the FFXI benchmarks. Or an in-game tutorial. I dunno. There are numerous ways to handle it.

Comment

They could have you download sections seperately by region in different packs.

Or maybe download the necessary starting files (character models, basic armor, the starting city/region of your choice, etc), and just it continuously download the rest as you play.
                              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Working...
                              X