Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Hunts seem to just be a nightmare of a clusterfuck so good job on that SE...

Oh yeah, I did both Hullbreaker Isle & Stone Vigil HM - they were solid. A lot more difficult than I'd anticipated as well. That last boss in SV was AWESOME! The 2nd dragon kinda freaked me but our group handled it just fine without any deaths. :D

It was great too, no stupid obvious notices of what's coming up like area circles all over the place and whatnot... you had to pay attention to the Boss' movements to anticipate what was coming next. Took me a little bit to figure out his attack patterns but wasn't that bad - felt like an XI fight but with more substance.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Until you realise that the Mob's sides are basically safe zones, and the Spike Flail's range is pitiful. Nothing about it felt like an FFXI fight. It's also pretty unfun as any class not a Bard really. There's literally no mechanic to the fight other than "You stand at the side of the boss if it isn't chasing you so it never has any reason to trigger the special attacks". Somehow that feels more shallow than a lot of XI fights.

Also I'm fairly sure the statue the Ascians are around is Zodiark. They pretty much flat out say who they are working for in the cutscenes after Praetorium.
      Last edited by Firewind; 07-20-2014, 09:03 PM.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Just got Titan HD to compelte and will have my relic.

Comment

Relic weapon granted, first Syrcus Tower completed, first 3 Coils of Bahamaut completed.

since this picture have Mythn helmet and STallagan arms.

Comment

Congrats, good to see you are still playing.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

I now have a good FC on phoenix, we did leviathan today and will probably help one of the fc's in coil or ST later. Plus with leathercraft at 38 now and BSM at 32 I am able to make gathers gear and weapons / tools for people. Also got 900 myth to get the mists to convert my weapon to zenith and will start the atma tasks for the armour. Though also enjoying the leviathan story arc and hopefully soon the ramah one

Comment

I'm on Phoenix also, I play with Leah we are in the same Fc (PRADA) and Ls.
                She keeps telling me you've been online, I must keep missing you.
                I'm Galen Ianto if you ever want to search for me, I play whm mainly.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

I saw Leah on sunday while I was crafting in Gridinia, if I'mn on during teh week its around 7:30-10pm but that depends how the work days been and how tired / much pain I am in. Weekends I am usually on during day and night but depends on if anything is planned or I have visitors.

Comment

Completed my 3rd book for my Animus Lance, nabbed Scylla's Robe of Casting AND I *finally* cleared Titan EX and Ifrit right after with the same group :D (funny thing is I was healing too rofl - but we had this really badass Paladin with a Novus Sword).

Now if I can just clear Twintania before the free login is over so many failed attempts...
                    sigpic

Comment

Broken a couple fo Crit Records this week.

2.7k Flare crit during a Quad Flare combo, (and a WAR somehow kept hate from all that).
                      1.75k Adloquim crit on SCH.

Doesn't seem like much but remember that Adlo gives a Stoneskin effect to the target that is equal to the amount healed, and if you crit that Barrier DOUBLES. The really nice thing about the barrier is that a SCH doesn't have to worry about overhealing.

So that is

1.7k Healed
                      3.5k Damage Barrier (Stacks with Stoneskin)
                      5250 Total healing Overall

So let us add in the Lustrate, two Embraces and Swiftcast Stoneskin I threw up on the 10k HP tank

Crit Adlo = 5250
                      Lustrate = 2.5k
                      Stoneskin = 1k
                      Embrace = 1k

That is basically 10750 HP healed in 3 GCDs (7.5 seconds). I could easily push that past 12k healed with Eos out, but we needed Selene for Haste Spam goodness.

And there are idiots playing this game that insist that WHM is the better Tank healer XD
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Which is kinda funny since SCH was intended to be the group healer originally while WHM was the emergency/tank healer yet that got completely reversed.

About to finish my 5th book, almost had Twintania tonight but god-fucking-damn my luck -_-

At the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to beat her before the damn expansion comes out. It'd be nice if I could actually you know, enjoy the new content while it's current.
                        sigpic

Comment

WHM was always the Raid Healer. Regen, Medica, Cure III and Medica II are all to keep the group up. WHMs are reliant on Crits for OHSHI- moments when main healer, which is bad because Crit is a junk stat for WHM due to it having no effect on DoTs. When you look at the burst healing a WHM can put out, and what a SCH can do i nthe same timeframe, it's kind of obvious which class was designed to main heal, and which one was designed to raid heal.

To come near what a WHM can do, a SCH has to burn Cooldowns that are far better used to save a tank about to die. They are also forced into using Eos over Selene, which means the raid's damage will drop significantly, and the group will also lose out on an extra silence by running Eos over Selene.
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say I find WHM benefits far more from DET than CRIT, especially because Crit can cause a WHM to overheal into the extreme and pull aggro. Seems dumb to me honestly that Regen won't crit (even more retarded that it actually garners hate for every tick, something it never did in XI and it took me a while to adjust to that).
                            sigpic

Comment

Spell Speed isn't bad either, specially now Presence of Mind is useful now. And yeah that is why SCH benefits a lot from Crit, as the sheld effects on Adlo and Succor mean they ovrheal less.

I have noticed that mages kind of get shafted in stats because each one has something that is pretty much a Dump Stat.

WHM = Crit (HoTs don't crit)
                              SCH = Spell Speed (Pets and DoTs don't benefit from it)
                              SMN = Spell Speed (Pets and DoTs don't benefit from it)
                              BLM = Probably DET at iLv110 since the amount of Crit you can stack makes it very reliable, and Spell Speed Scales stupidly well with Selene.

Melee and Bard basically don't have a worthless stat, and Square Enix finally fixed itemisation on Tanking and Off Tanking sets so Tanks don't have to worry about useless stats now either.
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Yes we do it's called skill speed (mainly because TP regen doesn't scale with it).

And Spell Speed isn't entirely useless for SMN. Mostly, but not 100% - it's kinda nice to get bio 2 and miasma off a little bit quicker (and ruin 1 since it has the same potency as 2 but costs considerably less MP)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X