Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

That thing is worth a small fortune on some servers.

And wow, 10k+ HP WAR o_O jeebus (and that's just with 1 echo lol... they're gonna add more)
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Yeah I got the pet and used it without realising how much it was worth. Oh well, not as if gil is hard to get now XD
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

The echo in T4 has allowed me to grab everything in the last phase and survive it all. It's hectic as get all since my group (for the most part) are not fully geared yet and we still have to pug one healing slot and one tank slot. For the life of me, I can't understand why the better geared tanks cannot hold Dreadnought AND pickup at least ONE OF THE KNIGHTS on that last phase. I have to not only pick up EVERYTHING, but deal with pox and "draw ins" which, on a Warrior, is f*cking annoying, especially since I try to position for an Overpower and almost always get pulled in at the wrong time. And every time our raid lead wants me to MT the fight, the "other" tank would always make some snide comments about "warriors not being able to handle Dreadnought" and yet the incoming damage from all of the adds I pickup is guaranteed to be at least twice the incoming damage of Dreadnought. So much yellow-bellied, lazy tanks out there -_-; (most of the asshattery from the other tanks are PALADINS - who apparently view themselves as God's gift to FFXIV players)

Comment

Pox is easy to deal with as a Warrior. It sets your current HP as your max HP, so throw up Thrill of Battle before picking up a Rook. It's pretty safe to blow Inner Beast in that phase too since you should have your stacks back up by the time the mods are dead.

And Paladins really can't pull off what a Warrior using Inner Beast and Holmgang properly can do. I've seen Paladins melt to trash because of RNG which is bad for a tank. Even worse for the people having to keep them up because you never know when a PLD is going to take a huge hit. Damage to Warriors is actually pretty consistent and easy to predict.
          Reiko Takahashi
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
            Pox is easy to deal with as a Warrior. It sets your current HP as your max HP, so throw up Thrill of Battle before picking up a Rook. It's pretty safe to blow Inner Beast in that phase too since you should have your stacks back up by the time the mods are dead.

And Paladins really can't pull off what a Warrior using Inner Beast and Holmgang properly can do. I've seen Paladins melt to trash because of RNG which is bad for a tank. Even worse for the people having to keep them up because you never know when a PLD is going to take a huge hit. Damage to Warriors is actually pretty consistent and easy to predict.
            It's not even that ... if the paladins admit that they "suck at picking up adds" and "warriors are better at it", then that's one thing. It's when they go out of their way to make it sound like Warriors could *never* be main tanks and that's why you go and "do these meaningless chores, because it's beneath me". It's elitism straight up and I'm not even talking about "you need x gear score to get onto this gravy train". As a Warrior, I know I can handle ANY situation (edit: and since I have a paladin at 50, I believe paladins can also be versatile, they just need to be micromanaged a bit more), and I believe SE balanced raids in that way. If your tank is faltering, and it's not his/her fault, then the healers are slacking off. /endrant

As for pox, I just run through it, but the issues are the draw-ins. You lose control of your character temporarily and if you end up back on the "wrong side" of the Rook, then you're screwed (meaning that you've invested the time to run through the Rook to prevent the casting and did not invest time to do what you just outlined to "eat" the pox) My best T4 runs were with another Warrior tank. 2x Warrior Tank = superbadass

Comment

I have also had Warriors yelling that they "Don't main tank this fight". This is usually during Weekly primal runs. You can probably guess how those fights go.
              Reiko Takahashi
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                I have also had Warriors yelling that they "Don't main tank this fight". This is usually during Weekly primal runs. You can probably guess how those fights go.
                O_o

I relish at a chance to main tank, unless it's ADS, then I'm like "throws axe onto the floor and yells out 'Yeah, I'm useless, don't need to remind me'"

I think we ran 5 attempts tonight on T5 and got Twintania down to around 50% on the last attempt, and maybe around a minute into Phase 3. We have the conflag down pat for Phase 2, although someone almost invariably falls asleep with the fireball and don't move into the conflag...

Comment

Leviathan Ex cleared. Nearly got a Wave Axe for my WAR but it's not 50 yet and the FC does have policy of letting people that have the job at 50 roll first if they need the upgrade to keep things fair.

WA to 44.

Also got a Dual Häkken for my WAR.
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I traveled from Limsa to Griadania and leveled all war and magic classes to 15 and then did their corresponding quests.
                    I then traveled to Uldah and unlocked all classes there and plan to level the combat classes to 15 once more before returning to Limsa.

Not the most interesting of achievements but I've been loving the game, it looks so pretty. Playing it on maximum settings with no problems at all.

I even had a quick go at crafting things. nothing of importance or use, I just wanted to try it out. Even that was fun.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Best accomplishment all week...

Managed to play Demon Gaze, Conception II: Children of the Stars, Danganroppa, and Steins;Gate (technically, this is just a VN) simultaneously. Couldn't raid the two nights of maintenance and made some excuse to not raid on Saturday night. Now I really don't feel like logging back into FFXIV at all. I must've bled all MMO interests out of my veins. Woohoo?

Comment

Is it just me of have any of you been watching videos of ffxiv on youtube and then used the mouse to try and get a better camera angle?
                        Yes Satori, I think it's time to log out lmao.

For those of you with a character on Phoenix and on my Fb. My Character is Galen Ianto. my 11 char original name and the name I used after server merge lol.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Whats the best farming method of soldiery tomes? The goblin hard mode? ( i forget the name, Gaublaulowpix, lol???) Ive been clearing it in around 15 minutes and it hasn;t gotten old to me yet! I can run like 8 before I'm bored on the weekend, it's such a fast passed dungeon with fast pulls. Is there another dungeon that you can farm soldier's faster? I havent unlocked any of the new ones besides this one yet, I just want to get a full suit off i100 gear before i move on.
                          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                          RANK 10 Bastok
                          CoP: Done
                          ZM: Done
                          ToA: Done
                          Assault rank: Captain
                          Campaign Medal: Medals
                          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

gdi fire where are you?!?!?!
                            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                            RANK 10 Bastok
                            CoP: Done
                            ZM: Done
                            ToA: Done
                            Assault rank: Captain
                            Campaign Medal: Medals
                            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I've been busy at work but basically have a 5 day weekend now.

For Soldiery:

Brayflox Hard Mode - Basically you only need a WAR and BLM to farm this and it is the easiest one. Best Setup seems to be WAR, BLM, DRG/BLM/SMN and SCH. Takes about 10-15 mins

Turn 2 of Coil, Rot Method - By far the fastest method since it literally takes 5 mins. Much better gear than Brayflox. Take an all-ranged party so Rot is trivial. You basically pass Rot until everyone has passed it, than have all the ranged and healers stack so it passes automatically to each party member. It's actually how you should kill the boss before the enrage method was discovered.

Turn 4 of Coil - Takes less than 7 mins and you get great gear too. Can be single healed. I have screenshots of my FC in a single healer setup hitting sub 7 min times before the Echo buff went up to 15%.

If you want purely tomes go for Brayflox. If you want to farm some gear for alts do T2 or T4.

Might as well throw this in: if you want to farm weapons and have enough Accuracy for T6, farm Leviathan instead of Twintania. Much faster and a much more fun fight. The weapons look awesome too.
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

What's RoT?

I've only ever done the enrage method so not familiar with that.

As for soldiery I found doing the expert Roulette was decent (reward could be higher though) if you don't need to farm soldiery all in one sitting.
                                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X