• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Like the PLD short-shorts.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

When I'm on Black Mage doing Dalies and see a FATE spawn that I don't have to sync down for, in a zone where I still need the Atma.

The Atma dropped BTW. I'm on 2/12
      Reiko Takahashi
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I haven't had a single ATMA yet, but I've only been in about 15 FATEs. My WHM friend, however, got all 12 in 36 hrs. Freaking crazy girl.

Comment

I have a MNK friend who has two Relic Atmas already, and one of the officers in my new FC finally got his first last night. The RNG really kills the fun sometimes. His reaction on Teamspeak was hilarious though.

Then again the MNK friend is the most stereotypical German you can imagine so probably has some ridiculous borderline OCD, but stupidly efficient way of farming them. He's also unemployed so there's that too.
          Reiko Takahashi
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
            I have a MNK friend who has two Relic Atmas already, and one of the officers in my new FC finally got his first last night. The RNG really kills the fun sometimes. His reaction on Teamspeak was hilarious though.

Then again the MNK friend is the most stereotypical German you can imagine so probably has some ridiculous borderline OCD, but stupidly efficient way of farming them. He's also unemployed so there's that too.
            I'm just biding my time. Until they all get their ilvl110 weapons (or w/e, that's just an illustrative point) and will force me to madly farm the ATMA so I can hold agro once again...

(To get an idea of what they're capable of, two of the top DPS in the group on last boss of Brayflox HM can get the boss down before his 3rd "poppin' wheelies & bombs". And that's with pre-ATMA quest weapons)

Comment

Relic Atma are just reskins. The base stats are the same as Relic Zenith.

Leviathan weapons are really nice though. You should see some of the hits a WAR friend of mine puts out with the axe. It's kind of nuts when I don't even need to pop Quelling Strikes before I Triple Flare when he is tanking.
              Reiko Takahashi
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Currently my weapon is fine but my overall ilvl lags behind. My average is 80 and my weapon is 90, which then underscores the rest of my gear score as currently behind those of the average on the healers and DPS I run with (88sh for DPS and around 92sh for the 2 healers) Now, I can still hold aggro pretty well, and even the BRD told me that he has not yet met a tank that can do that besides myself (without popping Quelling Strikes) and at higher ilvls ... although part of that could be that I did emphasize a lot on accuracy melds for where I can put them and thus not worry so much about that occasional miss that other tanks suffer from on the opening rotation (which almost always differ from the rest of the fight for myself) Call it a force of habit from my WoW days, but I really do look at stat priority and not have to think twice about what I'm doing.

The problem I sometimes encounter are unique situations where a boss resets aggro, or if there needs to be intensive healing throughout a fight, where it can get tricky. I suffer more on my Warrior than on my Paladin, because mitigation on Paladin means less incoming damage reduces incoming healing which reduces threat. And threat from healing is just whacked out crazy at times in this game, to the point where almost always the healers will get mowed down if they're not careful and/or the DPS are being derpy (e.g., Medica II spamming is just suicidal, but necessary on certain strats)

Comment

When on SCH or WHM, Warriors are far easier to keep up than Paladins at the top iLvs. Damage against a Warrior is more consistent while Paladins are in need of the occasional curebomb. PLDs also have those moments where the stars align and they eat a crit they failed to block or parry and they had no defensive CDs up. In Coil that tends to mean a lot of PLDs just randomly seem to get get one shot thanks to said attack often being immediately preceded and followed up with auto attacks. And of course a PLD can just be screwed over massively by the PLD not not mitigate a string of attacks.
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Titan Extreme down to the last 20% with an FC group, and we got him there before he completed all of his Post-Heart phases (meaning our Damage was pretty much overkill for the fight). Note that only one group member had cleared this fight, and only 2 people including myself had seen post-heart.

What a difference going into a fight with everyone on voice chat and properly co-ordinated makes. We only stopped because I have work and a couple of the Americans had Coil commitments. Pretty soon I should have it cleared and be able to help people through all the Extremes since Ifrit and Leviathan are supposed to be easier than Garuda.
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                      When on SCH or WHM, Warriors are far easier to keep up than Paladins at the top iLvs. Damage against a Warrior is more consistent while Paladins are in need of the occasional curebomb. PLDs also have those moments where the stars align and they eat a crit they failed to block or parry and they had no defensive CDs up. In Coil that tends to mean a lot of PLDs just randomly seem to get get one shot thanks to said attack often being immediately preceded and followed up with auto attacks. And of course a PLD can just be screwed over massively by the PLD not not mitigate a string of attacks.
                      On my paladin, I will hear my healer over Mumble cry out, "oh god" and notice that my health drops precipitously low in between defensive cooldowns. But on occasion, I have the same issue on my Warrior, with the exception that I have basically no cooldowns once I've blown my 20% reduction one...

Comment

Sounds more like a healer issue to be honest if they are panicking about the tank taking a big hit . It's one reason why I never heal sober. It stops those moments where I hesitate, lock up, or panic due to seeing the tank eat a big crit or about 5 thing happen at once that make me think "Oh god they need healing yesterday!"

It's also why you want a SCH healing the main tank really, especially if it's a Warrior. Microing a pet property you can have Aldolquim and Embrace hitting at the same time with it immediately being followed up by a Lustrate. Plus you have things like Eye for an Eye (let's face it, should always be up if the party can sustain it or your Healers, BLMs and SMNs are just plain bad), and Supervirus (again if the debuff isn't always up, your SCHs and SMNs are bad) which are great for those momets where there are no defensive CDs. Eye for an Eye is always great to throw onto the tank that's engaging (or picking up adds mid battle) anyway because it means the healers are less likely to need to curebomb them and screw up aggro.

Honestly Eye for an Eye and Virus are stupidly underrated and DDs that don't take the time to apply them because of epeen are bad. The only fight in the game that has a hard enrage timer is Leviathan Extreme so there is literally no excuse not to be applying them. Okay AK, T2 and T4 have hard enrages but all are perfectly survivable. Even then, Leviathan (like all primals) takes DoT damage when untargetable anyway so there's still not much of an excuse there.
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Started my 2nd book for my Lance, really hating the Coerthas FATEs -_-

Almost beat Titan EX today too but people derped hard and then the MT decided to be an asshole and troll us on the last run. Why are so many people so bad @ this game and why do I run into all the baddies in seemingly every game I play @_@
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The pugged healers are very difficult to get to on the same page. The healer I run with is a WHM and so usually we get another WHM or a SCH for the second spot. In raids, it typically tends to be the other healer slipping, and my healer will almost always go out of her way to get me back up. Even when she gets assigned to a different tank, her OCD takes over, and typically she will heal BOTH tanks AND the WHOLE raid. She's that good.

If it weren't for gimmicky encounter mechanics, I could single tank a raid, even picking up adds, if I have to, as long as I have a good "pocket" healer. Our DPS is good - really good. When we pick up a second tank and a second healer through DF, or maybe even a 4th DPS as well, we generally receive a lot of, "whoah, WTF is up with the DPS, it's bat-shit INSANE" or "your healer is triple A FANTASTIC". But tanks generally don't get any comments. If they do their job, no one cares, but if they fail, then the *expletives* get thrown around a lot. Since there's never a comment about my tanking, I will take that as a compliment that I did my job, and just go on about my business.

As for enrages ... how do people hit enrage? On Coil 1, T2, we purposefully hit the enrage timer because it's a straight-forward tank and spank from there and we don't need to worry about gimmicky silencing situations (and therefore we have no need for a Paladin - take that you over-valued tanking class!) I know that our group has a couple of players with a DPS meter running to evaluate potential DPS for recruitment purposes, but by and large, if you're up there at Coil 2 or Leviathan, you should be pulling your own weight for DPS, no matter what class you play.

Comment

I'm sick of being stuck on Titan Ex. My brother and I can run it flawlessly, but we cannot get a group to get through it for the life of us. The new primals are all blocked behind this motherfucker and I'm getting sick of wasting my time.

And as an accomplishment, I managed to make my character look 2.5% sluttier than before, while adding more clothing.

Comment

We haven't attempted Titan Ex yet ... I think I'm just herding cats to get everyone attuned for Thornmarch (HM) ~_~

Comment

Working...
                                X