• Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
    So there were 3 dungeons added i havent unlocked it seems:

Pharos Sirius
    Copperbell HM
    Haukke HM

Is it worth unlocking these? Or not worth it since AK and WP are easier and you get just as many myth tomes?
    Those 3 give 50 myth, whereas WP and AK now both give 30. I have a lot of fun in Haukke, and eventually warmed up to Copperbell. With a good crew you can do either in under 30 minutes. Could probably do HMHM in under 20 if I consolidated a few pulls.

If you don't unlock Pharos, you'll have a "safer" roulette, but you're missing out on new content. I'd want to have done it at least once, but there's that price. Up to you whether you think it's worth it.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

The cap is 450 right? so, monday through sunday, roulette high level gets me 40+30 = 70. 70 x 7 = 490, so no, I don't need to open the quite yet
      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
      RANK 10 Bastok
      CoP: Done
      ZM: Done
      ToA: Done
      Assault rank: Captain
      Campaign Medal: Medals
      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

If you do Crystal Tower there's even more myth, Coil awards some, and you can rack it up surprisingly quickly in a party doing peisteskin maps, too. The first two a lot of people do anyway, so the myth is basically free. I know people who are capped by Tuesday without even touching roulette. It's not really a question of what you "need" but more of how you'd like to spend your time.

Comment

Yeah I only touch the roulette for myth if I'm desperate (main scenario is nice for the 300 philo though)

Between Coil, CT & EX Primals I get plenty.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            If you do Crystal Tower there's even more myth, Coil awards some, and you can rack it up surprisingly quickly in a party doing peisteskin maps, too. The first two a lot of people do anyway, so the myth is basically free. I know people who are capped by Tuesday without even touching roulette. It's not really a question of what you "need" but more of how you'd like to spend your time.
            How do you open up Crystal Tower? That's different that Bahamut right? I thought the progression was Coil then Crystal Tower. What iLevel do you see running coil? I'm i71 whm, so i was just going to max out myth until i have my +1 relic and a full set of myth armor so i can start on Coil then i was going to get to Crystal tower afterwards.
            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

The quest to unlock Crystal Tower starts in the Toll. There's a dude standing near the west gate. It's called "Legacy of Allag" or something like that. CT gear is i80, so not as good as mythology or Coil items. It's a stepping stone into "real" endgame, and a way to gear alt jobs without cutting into your myth.

I don't do Coil personally, so somebody else would be a better source. What I've heard is that a lot of groups want you to be i80+ but the first few turns are actually doable with much less.

Comment

For turns 1~3 you can get away with around i75 average but you really need 80+ for 4 and 5, especially 5 - 480+ acc is absolutely required and from what I've been told (I haven't done T5 myself yet but I have cleared 1-4) by FC members Twintania is a real bitch.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  For turns 1~3 you can get away with around i75 average but you really need 80+ for 4 and 5, especially 5 - 480+ acc is absolutely required and from what I've been told
                  Bard at iLv.70, I think, and it has 507 accuracy. 3.5k HP, though; not sure if that's enough.
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

BRD's HP honestly doesn't matter much in coil except on Turn 2 and 5, and even then for T2 it's more of a matter of the healers not sucking - they have to be able to keep the party alive through the enrage.
                    sigpic

Comment

For Turn 5 you would want your HP to be up around the 4.0 - 4.1K mark (with party buff+food), this allows you to survive a Fireball whilst weakend.
                      - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                      Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                      My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

I managed to spend less than 50K to meld my axe!

(Yeah, I know, that's pathetic, but considering this is Siren we're talking about ... holy shit I spend gil so fast now and it's only on things I need.)

Apparently level IV is only on ilvl 70+

I think I might just switch to conjurer/white mage and get it to 50 and try to get into raids. From my understanding, at least in our DF block, healers are in higher demand for end game than tanks.
                        Last edited by Aeni; 02-10-2014, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Okay, that's a pretty bad axe tbh.

You'd have been far better off maxing out DET and maybe Skill Speed (generally crappy stat but WAR's the 1 job that actually somewhat cares about it.)

DEX doesn't really boost parrying enough per point to be worth adding, particularly over more DET.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Darklight Bill drops almost everytime in AK and that axe is better than the Bardiche.
                            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

^ pretty much the only reason to make that bardiche is for Bravura quest.

Even the i70 HQ'd is pretty bad with full melds (unlike the armors) due to the lower base damage. It's kinda dumb IMO, considering the armors are all amazing fully melded.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sharing your favorite spot with a friend who's down: more rewarding in its own way than finally getting that drop or clearing that trial for the first time. Levels are nice. Shinies are nice. But what really makes the game worth playing are the people you share it with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stars-and-rain.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1476834

Comment

Working...
                                X