Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Gathering and Crafting, and it's from the 1st 2 new missions (you have to have beaten the original story).
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
      They are giving away Lv4 Materia in Storyline quests so prices are crashing all round for them.
      I don't think that by itself would cause the materia market to go under, especially Lv3 materias. My best guess was that during maintenance with 2.1, SE's heavy pressure on RMT caused them to crack/panic and that the mules across all realms dumped their materia inventories to gather gil, especially in light of the land/housing prices. You can pretty much make a safe bet that the RMT is re-filling their gil cache in order to meet the skyrocketing gil demands. I hate to say this, but SE still has not done a damn thing about the gil buyer themselves, only the gil sellers. They need to start banning players in order to have an effect on the RMT activities. No RMT purchases, No RMT, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
        They need to start banning players in order to have an effect on the RMT activities. No RMT purchases, No RMT, period.
        No subscribers, either. I think you underestimate the amount of people who purchase gil. Take them out of the equation, and the sellers, too, and you have little left.

Comment

I agree with Dak here. The RMTs are giving SE money as it is.

Now, if you take out the buyers, SE will take a huge hit. Gil in xiv is next to useless. The only thing I use it for is to get dyes (useless imo as you can't dye much armor), repairs (cost next to nothing to repair gear), and to buy to occasional food and gysahl greens.

I think those who buy Gil are just idiots.

If you have a fc and want to get a house, I think the fc members should help.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
            The RMTs are giving SE money as it is.
            Not really. RMTs just purchase accounts with stolen credit cards. SE then has to deal with the eventual charge back from the banks, costing them money. It's been done this way for years.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
              No subscribers, either. I think you underestimate the amount of people who purchase gil. Take them out of the equation, and the sellers, too, and you have little left.
              I don't underestimate the potential base of RMT customers, but at the same time, if there's enough of them banned, then it will be incentive enough for the rest (maybe even the "wanted to try it just once" crowd) to stop or even resist the temptation altogether. And SE isn't making money from RMT, either, as Etra just alluded to. Most of the RMT related transactions between accounts and SE are fraudulent and I wouldn't be surprised if stolen CC numbers are at the top of the heap.

As for gil being worthless, it isn't. In this game, and many other games, the amount of gil a player has pretty much goes hand-in-hand with progression. At the beginning, time is the biggest factor in measuring progression, but once you get further and further away from the starting gates, it's really gil that ends up leveraging much of the top FC/guild's progression. The first crafters, gathers and combat players to 50 are usually the ones that will then start to control the economy in a very powerful manner. Being the first has many, many advantages, even if the advantage is short, say around two to three weeks, it's more than enough of an advantage. They in turn use that gil to fund progressions in future content, thereby insuring a hereditary legacy, not unlike the kind you see IRL, where people who've made their wealth tend to accumulate that wealth and grow power through generations afterwards.

Comment

Beat Crystal Tower twice now, it's WAY harder than was advertised. So is Pharos Sirius, what the hell >_>
                sigpic

Comment

Gained over 14 levels in fishing in like 6 hours of play time. Hitting sweet spots and with good lures makes all the difference in the world. At Burning Wall at 42 and hit 5 HQs in a row, 15 HQs in 25 casts, and gained over 150K in 10 minutes, 200K in 15 min now. ROFL

Comment

^ Fishing was a complete joke to get to 50 compared to MIN & BTN.
                    sigpic

Comment

Got CRP and WVR to 50! Everything else, minus CUL, is at 48. I will be working on ALC next.
                      FFXIV Balmung Server
                      Tenro Matashi
                      PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

^___^

Got my Onion Sourel (LNC/DRG) pants from Crystal Tower!!! :D
                        sigpic

Comment

• Ultima Weapon HM downed
                          • Good King Moggle Mog downed
                          • Crystal Tower cleared (BLM feet dropped for me ^_^)
                          • SCH and SNM to 42
                          • WHM to 25
                          • PLD to 13
                          • Mining to 34
                          • Haukke Manor HM clear time down to sub 15 mins
                          • New Fire III Crit Record: 1.7k
                          • New Flare Crit Record: 2.1k

It was a very productive weekend.
                          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Got Arcanist to 21
                            "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
                            www.raspberrypi.org
                            Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

48 in fishing. And 5 slots left across both retainers and inventory. Yeesh. Gonna start dumping lower level crap to the vendors. It's funny ... I'm like totally out of the higher ticket items (like velveteen) just as I'm done getting the last bits of Hand and Land leveled. With 100 leve allowances still intact, I'm going to just burn it all on cooking and maybe get it to 50 in one shot.

Comment

Only took all of ... an hour to craft the AF and then obtain the Halcyon Rod. Crafting became so much easier with Steady Hand II. My next goal is AF for all the crafts (So far only BSM)

Comment

Working...
                                X