Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Once you get to 40 it's pretty easy despite the seemingly insane cost (at first glance).

Homepoint in the craft's home city and then spam the special leves for Whitebrim and that other camp Mor Dhona (east of Revanent's Toll)

It's a tad time consuming (if you wait for Return between trips like I did) but you'll get absolutely ridiculous EXP for HQ's. For example on ARM I was turning in Hell's Kitchens (1 cobalt plate and 1 rosewood lumber, cheap stuff) and getting nearly 170k EXP per leve. Didn't take long to go from 45~50 at all doing that.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
      Once you get to 40 it's pretty easy despite the seemingly insane cost (at first glance).

Homepoint in the craft's home city and then spam the special leves for Whitebrim and that other camp Mor Dhona (east of Revanent's Toll)

It's a tad time consuming (if you wait for Return between trips like I did) but you'll get absolutely ridiculous EXP for HQ's. For example on ARM I was turning in Hell's Kitchens (1 cobalt plate and 1 rosewood lumber, cheap stuff) and getting nearly 170k EXP per leve. Didn't take long to go from 45~50 at all doing that.
      You can't do that for weaving without bankrupting yourself buying up snurble tufts and fleece in the process (Mor Dhona banks heavily towards felt goods, and the cross craft items also include bolts of felt cloth in them)

As for ARM, I only picked up one leve, Some Dragoons Have All The Luck, because it was awarding something like 55 ice shards per turn-in. The problem with that, however, was High Mythril Armor, 4 mythril plates and 1 electrum ingot. 4 mythril plates required 8 mythril ingots, which required 24 mythril ores. It was the most time consuming leve I ever worked on. It took roughly an hour of mining mythril ores, which the silver lining was that I gained one and a half levels on my miner from exclusively mining up the ores just for this leve. Then another hour of grining out mythril ingots. And then more time to grind out mythril plates. A total of 36 plates or 72 ingots or over 200 ores. With a lot of shards being burned on this one leve (that's where the reward was completely a cop out, I feel) The exp gained from the whole process amounted to roughly equivalent to the exp reward in itself. I believe I calculated a total of 30K exp per armor from synthesis, which amounted to around 270K. The exp for the leve was roughly 40K per turn-in or 120K with HQ items. I had 9 HQ items crafted, no NQ, so it was efficient, indeed, but time consuming nonetheless. This one leve nearly bankrupted me in shards, but netted me 630K in exp, and if you view it in terms of translating shard count into exp, it turns out that this was the most productive (exp/shard) ratio that I came across. But if you factor in time, it was nearly not worth it, unless you were wanting to not squander leve allowances (which I was; remember, I had 6 other crafts being leveled side-by-side as well as 2 gathering classes)

Edit: 477 Ice Shards + 45 Earth Shards total for this leve

Comment

Not really. That was certainly the case BEFORE SE added more Karakul, but it's actually cheaper to buy wool cloths than to make them, and that's without factoring in crystal costs.

Make the threads because they're cheap and just buy the cloths and you're fine.
        sigpic

Comment

OK so first time in a while I actually had FUN on the game tonight.

Did some Ifrit Runs with my FC on PLD (basically only came to be a stun monkey and it worked out well enough) and got mah sword at long last ^_^

Also went from 37 to halfway to 42 DRG, aaaaand I gots mah Wyvern Spear 1st try on Stone Vigil - that's been happening a lot lately though. I pulled the same thing with the spear from Sunken Temple, and then back in 1.23 my 1st Ifrit weapon was the harpoon (got it 3 times in a row).

There's no denying it anymore - the Gods are telling me to play DRG :D
          sigpic

Comment

Finally beat Titan. None of the dps aside from myself made it past the first round of weights in the final phase, so it was down to myself, my brother and another WHM healing, and my friend tanking as a PLD. Right near the end he Gaol'd me, and the healers kept the PLD up, while slowly dpsing me out of it in time to fill a LB bar. Finished it off with a melee LB1 and got my Gae Bolg +1!

Comment

OK so first time in a while I actually had FUN on the game tonight.

Did some Ifrit Runs with my FC on PLD (basically only came to be a stun monkey and it worked out well enough) and got mah sword at long last ^_^
              Would you have still had fun if you didn't get the sword?
              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
              RANK 10 Bastok
              CoP: Done
              ZM: Done
              ToA: Done
              Assault rank: Captain
              Campaign Medal: Medals
              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

CUL is the easiest to get to 50 to be fair. Only cost me 200k total to buy everything, that includes gear to craft HQ stuff if the ones on the AH were too expensive. Selling materia back recouped about half of that.

Basically you can make enough money to power a craft to 50 in one week by just running WP until Myth Cap and selling the crafting mats you buy for Philosophy.
                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                Reiko Takahashi
                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                  Would you have still had fun if you didn't get the sword?
                  Yep, I was having fun just poking away at Ifrit as it's been ages. Getting the sword was icing on the cake.

My SMN book dropped too, which I desperately wanted but our WAR already had dibs on it and as I'm still rather new to the FC I wasn't about to make a fuss
                  sigpic

Comment

Not really. That was certainly the case BEFORE SE added more Karakul, but it's actually cheaper to buy wool cloths than to make them, and that's without factoring in crystal costs.

Make the threads because they're cheap and just buy the cloths and you're fine.
                    How much are wool threads going for on your server? Because it's 1.7K NQ (2.8K HQ) on Siren. The cost of shards are roughly 100G per I think, but I could be wrong (might actually be higher) I don't remember the cost of fleece, but it's almost always sold by RMT (you'll see the same name selling like 18 full stacks of them) and last I checked, it cost way more to buy pre-made even after factoring in shard costs. It seems the RMT have cornered the thread and cloth markets as well. Very sad.

If you want to just buy a few, you'll pay through the nose, otherwise you're stuck buying full stacks at 150K to 250K per stack.

Comment

holy shit, they're only 400 gil on Excalibur (the cloths are around 1500 I think been a while since I checked)

* sorry that's the fleece, the wool is 800~900
                      sigpic

Comment

I haven't been on much in the last two weeks, but when I switched to Excalibur from Phoenix a month or two ago I noticed a very large drop on a lot of the lvl 50 crafts and services (to be expected) as well as a noted decrease in RMT activity. On Phoenix I would see one or two people in both Gridanias spamming RMT nonsense on top of the repeated random /tells from RMT. When I moved to Excalibur I started only seeing maybe one person an hour with the /tells and NONE of the shouting in towns BS. Now the cheaper prices should come as no surprise, but the smaller presence of RMT surprised me a little, I didn't think they'd be opposed to stiffer competition and would just bombard every server possible to make money.
                        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                          I haven't been on much in the last two weeks, but when I switched to Excalibur from Phoenix a month or two ago I noticed a very large drop on a lot of the lvl 50 crafts and services (to be expected) as well as a noted decrease in RMT activity. On Phoenix I would see one or two people in both Gridanias spamming RMT nonsense on top of the repeated random /tells from RMT. When I moved to Excalibur I started only seeing maybe one person an hour with the /tells and NONE of the shouting in towns BS. Now the cheaper prices should come as no surprise, but the smaller presence of RMT surprised me a little, I didn't think they'd be opposed to stiffer competition and would just bombard every server possible to make money.
                          The legacy servers are saturated with "Old World" money, which means that RMT might find it more productive to send tells to themselves about how good of a job they're doing, as most players wouldn't spring at the chance to get gil. My character has enough gil on her to power her own way to 50 on everything (Excalibur) if I wanted to play there. Since I've devoted myself to Siren, I end up dealing with /tells (around 5-10 an hour, I've stopped blisting anyone who isn't from GOLDC*O *=E, since they only do it once and delete that character) and I've had to be quite selective of the markets. I tend to only buy from people who list smaller quantities and even if they're not cheapest, say, 10-25% more expensive than the RMT listings, I buy from them, so I avoid having to deal with "inadvertant" suspensions aka guilt by association. This means that for something like Fleece, if I really, really need it (Weaver quests come to mind), then I'm going to pay a bit heavier price to get those done, but pretty much with a better conscience in knowing that I helped a fellow non-RMT player out and also kept the gil out of RMT hands.

This of course means less efficient and cost-effective means of getting levels, and more time consumption spent on self-gathering.

Comment

~ , ~

Found one of the best NPCs ever during a quest tonight, a Miqo'te NPC called "Sweet-smelling Huntress."

*purrs*
                            sigpic

Comment

lol I did that quest last night to.

Comment

DRG is 47 now, nearly 48 and hoping to clear Aurum Vale tonight and maybe hit 50.

Also details have been leaked on the next patch and there is indeed a huge dungeon EXP buff coming among other goodies. The only thing I really don't care for (besides the lockouts on CT) is that for the Extreme Primals you have to beat all 3 of them just to loot 1 weapon - WTF guys come on...

Oh and Levi is coming as well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X