Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

My Free Company decided to spice up a WP run by leaving the first Tonberry alive to see how far they could get it through.

All hail Steve Tonberry
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
      My Free Company decided to spice up a WP run by leaving the first Tonberry alive to see how far they could get it through.

All hail Steve Tonberry
      LMFAO that is awesome! I did something similar (on accident) in Dzemael Darkhold a few days ago when after we pulled a group of skellies, I lost aggro on one due to hard (non-target) nuking by a BLM and it got stuck in some space. BLM didn't say shit about it and I lost track of it (because we were overwhelmed by another skelly group pulled by that same BLM) As we moved in further, we pulled that group of dragons, and then the same BLM goes and pull the 3-skelly pat. It was chaotic and I had a sliver of HP left and jumped off the ledge to get to where my friend was so he could heal while I created distance so I wouldn't die and that other skelly became unstuck, ran over and stuck me from the back for the kill. We wiped ... but I was so mad at the BLM at that time I kinda forgotten all about it.

Got a bunch of crafts to 40, some to 41 or 42, and finally cleared Garuda (took about 6 wipes before we fully understood the mechanics and all phases and I have to be really thankful to a pugged Monk for his patience and his helpful attitude as we learned the fight) Completed main storyline portion up to where it says I needed to be level 49 to continue. Now just need those 3 levels on my WAR. Got me a Sentinel's Cuirass and the belt last night in Dzemael, our second run and arguably the smoothest beyond my wildest expectations, despite the fact that the pugged summoner seemed to have ADD and liked to nuke things not on my list of "current priorities". Steel Cyclone ftw.

Edit: Vintage set looks so hokey. I don't like it ... but the stats are needed. But I refuse to swap the coatee for the apron, cause the apron is the fugliest shit in the game that I've ever laid eyes on.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Aeni; 11-11-2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

BLM Relic +1 obtained. Helped 5 other people get Titan kills as well. They were actually the guys in the pics I linked earlier, with one being a second Relic.

Also got my biggest crit today with 1.7k from Fire III. Okay Meteor crits for way over 12-15k but the Fire III was a natural crit without Raging Strikes or Foe's Requiem up.

Also got SCH and SMN up to 34. SMN damage is fucking nuts. I think I need to go level BRD some more for Quelling Strikes just to stay alive on it.
        Reiko Takahashi
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I've gotten just over 1k crits on SMN with Fester and my gear blows ^^
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

It's funny that the forums are whining about SMN being underpowered, even though the pets scale WAY too well with gear, especially Crit gear. Most of the whiners don't bother to keep their gear up to date even though SMN and SCH are the most gear reliant classes in a game where even a single stat point makes a noticeable difference.

Ran a parse last night and on the sustained fights, my Relic SMN friend was pulling ahead of me slightly on the longer fights. I was winning on the fights needing more on demend burst or a lot of target switching though. There is a very good reason why all the Endgame FCs are recruiting SMNs right now.
            Reiko Takahashi
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
              Got me a Sentinel's Cuirass and the belt last night in Dzemael, our second run and arguably the smoothest beyond my wildest expectations, despite the fact that the pugged summoner seemed to have ADD and liked to nuke things not on my list of "current priorities". Steel Cyclone ftw.
              This is what we do! Mid-fight, I typically lay down all my DoTs on the second target, who is most likely to live through them all, then Bane them to the rest of the targets. I hate it when I'm trying to use my stacks of Aether in a timely manner, and the guy I'm about to Bane is killed, so I go with a healthier target. I think that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                This is what we do! Mid-fight, I typically lay down all my DoTs on the second target, who is most likely to live through them all, then Bane them to the rest of the targets. I hate it when I'm trying to use my stacks of Aether in a timely manner, and the guy I'm about to Bane is killed, so I go with a healthier target. I think that makes sense.
                You don't understand, this isn't getting stacks of DOT, which Shake does ALL THE TIME, this is actually focusing on the second target and not even remembering to get any DOT on the primary target at all. It's like the dude is playing the game solo and the group thing is just the gravy on top for him. Initially he was also aggro-ing mob packs and even pulled the first boss ahead of me. Not getting the heals from my buddy made him re-think things just a tiny wee bit about 1/3 of the way through, but that still didn't deter him from playing an imaginary copy of Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns in Dzemael. Despite all this, it was the smoothest run we have had, which tells you a lot about the others before this one. -_-

Comment

It's funny that the forums are whining about SMN being underpowered, even though the pets scale WAY too well with gear, especially Crit gear. Most of the whiners don't bother to keep their gear up to date even though SMN and SCH are the most gear reliant classes in a game where even a single stat point makes a noticeable difference.

Ran a parse last night and on the sustained fights, my Relic SMN friend was pulling ahead of me slightly on the longer fights. I was winning on the fights needing more on demend burst or a lot of target switching though. There is a very good reason why all the Endgame FCs are recruiting SMNs right now.

My beef with SMN isn't that it's underpowered (far from it, a good SMN deals insane DoT) but the design of the class itself - it just doesn't feel like SMN, more like RDM or DRK with a pet. I would have been infinitely happier if they'd just removed all the ACN spells, and made the job focus purely on controlling the pet and having a wider array of pet abilities like in XI (not to mention making Enkindle not suck complete ass).

EDIT: Also I've been wondering about Egi and my gear - I can't quite tell if their stats depend specifically on what's on the gear I'm wearing, or if it's purely based on the iLV. For example, I tried calling out Ifrit with both +1 Zircon Rings on and then Black Pearl (the black pearl has more stats on it and higher values but both are the same item level) and his HP was exactly the same.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                    My beef with SMN isn't that it's underpowered (far from it, a good SMN deals insane DoT) but the design of the class itself - it just doesn't feel like SMN, more like RDM or DRK with a pet. I would have been infinitely happier if they'd just removed all the ACN spells, and made the job focus purely on controlling the pet and having a wider array of pet abilities like in XI (not to mention making Enkindle not suck complete ass).
                    Hah ... and on fights where you have to move every 3 seconds, I would like to see you come here and bitch about getting zero DPS because your pet died.

Comment

That's why they take greatly reduced damage

I still prefer classic style SMN, really don't get what SE's problem with it is... I miss having the big flashy effects for lots of MP

What's wrong with being the class that has to be careful when to use it's skills?
                      sigpic

Comment

Try BLM. Big, flashy effects for lots of MP and if you screw up, you're dead.
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Comment

Try BLM. Big, flashy effects for lots of MP and if you screw up, you're dead.

I have, it's not the same. And I don't like the new style of BLM, switching between Ice & Fire constantly. I liked it better before when we actually had elemental resistances and weaknesses, and each element served a specific purpose.

I'm talking about SMN doing AoE heals, stoneskin, damage, raise etc... all the cool fun stuff from the old days that while powerful, you couldn't exactly spam or you'd quickly have a deadweight in your party. BLM can spam their spells all day so long as the Tank can maintain hate.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... Lets see here....

Killed Garuda a few times, quite easily trying to get Garudas Gale so I can kill titan...

Not really that great, but it's the best one so far after wipe after wipe on her.

Comment

45s on my crafts ... 50 is in sight. But won't be able to hit that by the end of next week without dropping some serious gil ... because it's going to take a while to get my lagging gatherers to supply the mats for the crafts. I'd say two whole node levels behind (38 atm, 46-50 are where I need to be with my gatherers)

Comment

Working...
                                X