RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

A lot easier than they were in 1.0 at least.

That reminds me, anyone know if the beastman currencies are still worth anything? I saved up a bunch from 1.0 but AFAIK they're no longer required for Relics so...
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

To be fair Relics in FFXI were easy, all you had to do was farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm and farm some more. They were just massively time consuming to the point where very few could be bothered. It was the same with Empyrean weapons really.

In FFXIV all they did was make it so you need to clear actual content to do it rather than try to get a ton of tokens which sometimes took years to build up.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Empyreans were different though, in that they gave real incentive for people to work together and up until near the end everyone could share in the progress. Plus the Abyssea NMs were largely easy with the right Atma.

Relic was always a horrid grind.

Anyways, I'm just glad they removed the currency component and the Hamlet nonsense. The other reason Relics are easier is because they're not #1 anymore - Crystal & Bahamut Weapons are, unless you upgrade Relic to the +1 which is just grinding for more Oil I believe.

Side note: Goddamn SE maintenance is already an hour over schedule -_-
          sigpic

Comment

Eh they were still a boring as hell grind. I have memories of nodding off while grinding for Yyg and Hayde's Kannagi without anything major happening.

Building a Relic is actually fun now compared to XI Relic/Empy. You have to clear actual content, do boss fights that are actually fun and chalenging (though Ifrit is pretty easy) and Oil isn't exactly hard to get given you will have more than enough Tomestones if you just keep doing a Daily run of AK to keep Mythology Tomestones capped.
            Reiko Takahashi
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

The worst part about Empyreans was the damn lottery spawns. So glad they did away with that BS in XIV.

Let that shit forever remain buried in the past in the long list of terrible MMO ideas.

Point is, shit was terrible before, but now it's actually decent/fun as it should be. I've always said I don't take issue with relics taking a bit of time (a month max, I mean it's a game... and just 1 item >_> ) but that it needs to be genuinely challenging/engaging and not just monotonous grinding or a massive money sink (or both, in the case of Mythics.. ugh)

I haven't actually done any endgame stuff yet, save for Odin - and I love his armor
              sigpic

Comment

The relic quest in 2.0 is much simpler than in 1.0.

If you already have the 900 tomes of philosophy you do the relic quest from start to finish in 4 hours.

If you don't have the 900 tomes of philosophy then will spend 8 hours farming then making it do-able in 12 hours.
                - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

To be fair that also assumes that you have a full 8 man group that can do all of the fights, including Titan as well as split into 2 self sufficient groups for the AK run.
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                    To be fair that also assumes that you have a full 8 man group that can do all of the fights, including Titan as well as split into 2 self sufficient groups for the AK run.
                    This is true, naturally it will take longer based on how long it takes you to form your party and get the party through all the encounters.

However the quest itself if played from start to finish in a full experienced group is only 4 hours long (ignoring farming time on tomes which can be done before even starting the relic quest). Very short indeed.
                    Last edited by Dux; 09-20-2013, 04:43 AM.
                    Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                    My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

They should add in a load of wait for Japanese midnight and wait a bunch of days things to appease the FFXI Elitists :p
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I don't know if I should hug you or beat you for that remark, lol ><

Man I was disappointed to find out all the Odin gear is just iLV 50 - it's better than my AF, but not by a whole lot. And given what a PITA it is to kill Odin in the first place... bleh.

Still happy I got his armor though. I think I'll get Zantetsuken next and then the Helm.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                          They should add in a load of wait for Japanese midnight and wait a bunch of days things to appease the FFXI Elitists :p
                          RAGE.
                          Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                          My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

Level 50 WHM, Benediction, and full AF, mew. It's nice how Holy doubles as nice fireworks, best Holy evar. =^^=

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                              Level 50 WHM, Benediction, and full AF, mew. It's nice how Holy doubles as nice fireworks, best Holy evar. =^^=
                              wait, wait, wait... J9 is actually playing the game now?!?!?! O.O
                              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                              RANK 10 Bastok
                              CoP: Done
                              ZM: Done
                              ToA: Done
                              Assault rank: Captain
                              Campaign Medal: Medals
                              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                                wait, wait, wait... J9 is actually playing a game now?!?!?! O.O
                                ftfy

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                                99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                                99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X