Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Unlocked WHM & BLM yesterday, got all the Mage jobs done now ^^

Back to crafting & gathering for a bit. I wanna power my way up each craft until they're all 46~50 as I smell a nerf coming to crafting leves soon - the EXP is just way too damn good on HQ's.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

(mostly) finished the Gridania story quests this morning on Ruffles. Airship here I come!

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
        (mostly) finished the Gridania story quests this morning on Ruffles. Airship here I come!
        When you're ready to run Sastasha, lmk ... or anyone else in FC. We're doing runs for all new players and members that are just now hitting the dungeons.

Comment

Hit 50 on WAR.

Now to completely ignore endgame and do other stuff, such as level my GLD or something. No way am I dealing with that crap right now.
          Originally posted by Yygdrasil
          Originally posted by Nandito
          Ponies.

Duh.
          You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

omfg omfg omfg.... 2 manned the last boss in Qarn on the account that both dps got smoked by lasers fixed on them and they couldn't move due to paralysis (or just weren't paying attention) ... epic fight lasting over 20 minutes ...

Comment

Unlocked Black Mage yesterday!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                omfg omfg omfg.... 2 manned the last boss in Qarn on the account that both dps got smoked by lasers fixed on them and they couldn't move due to paralysis (or just weren't paying attention) ... epic fight lasting over 20 minutes ...
                That fight is a lot of fun. So many things going on, it's one of the fights in the game that really does feel epic every time you do it. Ultima Weapon is epic though and Demon Wall has a ton of tension even if you are overgeared.
                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                Reiko Takahashi
                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I didn't play yesterday. That's my accomplishment.

Comment

Dinged level 50 fisher yesterday, and got my halcyon rod from the final guild quest.

It's kinda funny; I've got dungeons unlocked up to Aurum Vale and Wanderer's Palace because people keep giving my fisher the quests, but I still can't enter them because my gladiator is only 35 and still hasn't done Brayflox.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Lvl 27 Blacksmith, lvl 15 armourer, Lvl 20 Alchemy

Comment

Kicked Odin's ass and got his armor! Was a tough call, as Zantetsuken was also very very tempting... I may get that next, as I'm not entirely sold on Odin's helm (I want the full set, just trying to decide in what order).

Getting my Skyrim on, ARR style :D
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                          That fight is a lot of fun. So many things going on, it's one of the fights in the game that really does feel epic every time you do it. Ultima Weapon is epic though and Demon Wall has a ton of tension even if you are overgeared.
                          The whole time I was worried that the boss was on a timer (like Titan) and we'd wipe no matter what. Thankfully that wasn't the case and it was just sheer will and determination. My mind was becoming jello at the 20sh minute mark (the fight actually went to 22) and I kept getting frustrated because I was always just out of range for Mercy Stroke on the last 3% as he would pop conal, overlapping 4 laser beams targetting me. It was epic as my Scholar friend was constantly trying to sneak Raise on the other 2 and it always just ended up a waste of his mana because the DPS would die immediately due to Raise Sickness (they'd invariably get hit by lasers while they "zone in" to his spot from the Raise which sucked)

He was constantly repositioning his Fairy so she would stay out of lasers as well as getting her to get the laser posts as well as the pulse posts that I swear were respawning on a 10s timer...

I would be at under 100 TP most of that fight because I had to compensate for lack of DPS. I'm so glad I invested in VIT all the way because magic damage gets soaked up easily and I'm left standing with enough to survive melee crits so I can get heals (remember, healer has to avoid lasers or they're toast, which means interrupting the heals that a tank is expecting - TANKS, DO NOT EXPECT THAT TIMELY HEAL, SO PREPARE ACCORDINGLY! and HEALERS, DO NOT WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE TO POP OFF A HEAL!)

Edit:

Forgot to mention that in an earlier boss fight, I think the one before this one, we 2-manned that as well. It was one helluva an epic ride and yes, I agree, Qarn was unbelievably fun.

Comment

Soloed the remaining HP of Sunken Temple of Qarn last boss as WHM, mew. Ran alot, used Cure II, Aero, Regen, and finished it off with Stone II. Compliments from the team.
                            There were lots and lots of lasers!! The tricky part was finding enough time to attack while avoiding most attacks and keeping HP up. One more level to Level 50!! Then it's complete WHM level 50 quest and then complete the remaining story quests, and then.... Magitek Armor!!

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                              There were lots and lots of lasers!!
                              The lasers weren't the only thing you'd have to worry about, as the pulse posts/columns are also very dangerous and if you have both up, it's mostly instant wipe (because boss will invariably melee you down as the pulses go off and it's the complete room as I don't think there's any safe spots from it) Although if the boss was already down below 5%, I think, he doesn't summon those posts/columns (at least that's what I thought) We had to 2-man the boss at 60% ... lol. I don't recommend doing that for anyone, at least not every time you go to the dungeon.

Pre-emptive grats on 50!

Comment

2nd Relic complete
                                - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                                Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                                My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                                X