Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment in FFXIV - ARR Edition

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    The only thing I really don't care for (besides the lockouts on CT) is that for the Extreme Primals you have to beat all 3 of them just to loot 1 weapon - WTF guys come on...
    Lazy young people these days. Back when I was an endgamer, we had to defeat Shijin--all FOUR of them--and Kirin! Then, would an Osode drop? Would it DROP? We didn't even know!
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Gae Bolg MINE!!!

Went from 47 DRG to Relic in 2 days! :D
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ItazuraNhomango View Post
        Lazy young people these days. Back when I was an endgamer, we had to defeat Shijin--all FOUR of them--and Kirin! Then, would an Osode drop? Would it DROP? We didn't even know!
        To be fair it's most likely to stop people from buying wins or getting free carries since those weapons will be on par with Relic and Allagan weapons.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Lancer 13 Yey me!
          "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
          www.raspberrypi.org
          Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

Found a party that just managed to clear Aurum Vale with so now able to open up AK the LS have been asking people for so I can get the tommes for darklight gear.

Comment

I wouldn't stress over darklight.

You can probably get HQ Militia gear (or spam AK for iLv 60 drops) which will do just fine until 2.1 comes next week. YP said it's clearable in AF, and drops ilv80 so... why waste tomes on DL?

EDIT: Oh yeah, while testing out my shiny new Relic in Wanderer's Palace I managed a 12k critical lv2 LB... lol my FC buddies almost crapped themselves (I could barely believe it myself)
              Last edited by Malacite; 12-09-2013, 11:28 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Simple I got kicked from an AK party because I didnt have darklight gear as a minimum, even LS people said I need at least tier one darklight before I would be taken seriously in AK. So currently having to spam WP to get the tomes have darklight helm but got to get other pieces and slowly building up myths for the AF2 gear.

Comment

Those who require DL for AK are idiots. The very first dungeon I did when I hit level 50 after finishing the story line was AK, and it was in full AF. Yes, I had small hate issues, but beat the dungeon.

I've been kicked from parties because I don't have full myth gear for speed runs on WP, all DL except for the body, legs, and feet, which is myth, and I still get kicked.

People are asses.

Comment

Don't worry, Jarre, that group was going to be drama, anyways. If they're that needy, there's no telling what requirements they might have once you're in the dungeon.

Comment

What Dak said.

AK is not that hard. I went in with my AF wearing DRG ass (I did have Ifrit's Harpoon) and did just fine. Skill > Gear.

Hell, our WHM was in full darklight and was an incompetent boob. The BRD and I had just done chimera together and he had his PLD friend helping us and they were both amazed that I was doing so well for my 1st time in AK while our supposedly good WHM was a moron.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        What Dak said.

AK is not that hard. I went in with my AF wearing DRG ass (I did have Ifrit's Harpoon) and did just fine. Skill > Gear.

Hell, our WHM was in full darklight and was an incompetent boob. The BRD and I had just done chimera together and he had his PLD friend helping us and they were both amazed that I was doing so well for my 1st time in AK while our supposedly good WHM was a moron.
                        I think y'all need to temper with a bit of context. If you were in a group that was full DL gear and you were the only one with just AF, then you might've been carried, as opposed to pulling your own weight. This is called distributed weakness and that's what SE and other companies have in mind when they program encounters. Some games, like WoW, for example, have really defined limitations (otherwise known as "gear checks") where even if you were skillful, you could not beat the encounter without the minimum gear. To be fair, FFXIV does not have very many encounters like this just yet (I believe only the hard modes atm, but even then, with some luck you could just squeak by) but I foresee there will be some "speed bumps" placed in the future if the past is any indication. They just don't have the staff and resources to maintain the kind of content release schedule that Blizzard has, and therefore will resort to artificial ceilings and bumps to slow overall progress down (nothing will ever slow down the hard core raiders short of making end game content near impossible to clear)

You could be in a 25 man raid in a tier 2 level content with 20% of the members being fresh level-capped, "no gear" players, and still be able to clear it, provided the other members more than make up for the lack.

Comment

Got darklight helm and belt and did first ifrit hard, was without any BLM and we didnt wipe and I got my Ifrit weapon first off for my DRG

Comment

Finally finished the main storyline quest! Whew, that sure was alot of running around. Well not compared to ffxi, but we don't make those comparisons now do we...

On another note, everyone keeps tlaking about spaming AK and WP runs to get darklight, but I dont see those dungeons in the duty finder. Are they under different names or am i smoking crack? AK = something i just looked for a name that had AK in the name, and WP = Wadner's Palace right? /shrug
                            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                            RANK 10 Bastok
                            CoP: Done
                            ZM: Done
                            ToA: Done
                            Assault rank: Captain
                            Campaign Medal: Medals
                            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

You should be introduced to them through the main quest. You need to return to the secret club and ask around.

Comment

So the game's down today, but as soon as it's back up tomorrow I'm getting my Gae Bolg +1 and hitting up Crystal Tower! :D
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X