Melody's FF XIV Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melody's FF XIV Question

I just need to know a few things, is XIV in Open PS3 Beta or is it private right now and can I still get access to the beta? Does anyone have a spare code? I'd like to join the private beta. I don't know when the open beta is, so I am stuck in limbo I guess. Would be much appreciated!
    Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Re: Melody's FF XIV Question

Phase 4 (Open beta) is next saturday and sunday (friday as well for us in P3) and then early access begins on the 24th of august for people who pre-ordered and/or have the original CE, with official service starting on the 27th. AFAIK, they are still taking applications.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

They are still taking apps but it is a little bit pointless since you can just start playing next Saturday, plus the game itself is out at the end of the month. After playing on Balmung in P3, I will be sticking with that server in P4 and release. I have no idea if our schedules would let us play together but if you end up there feel free to give me a poke.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Oh ok. How would I get early access? I pre-ordered and stuff, would there be a code on the receipt when I paid it off at Gamestop? Since GS usually gives you a code to use and such, nobody mentioned it when I paid the game off.
        Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

I think J9 actually posted the link to the registration page a few days ago.

EDIT: Either GS should have given it to you, or SE will e-mail it.
          sigpic

Comment

Ok so I got off the phone with Gamestop in my area. They told me I should've received a code on my receipt (Which I still have) So I'm gonna take a look. They did tell me that I might not have it though at this time, since the game is close to release. They also have no idea about how to get into Early Access for those who pre-ordered. So I'm gonna check to see if I have a code for that as well. If anyone knows about the early access code send me a PM.

Comment

The preorder code would be 18 characters long. Mine is in the format ABCDEF-123-GHIJKL-456. Redemption isn't open for NA or EU buyers yet, but you can enter your email at this site to get a notification and instructions when it's available.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Yeah I didn't get a code when I preordered. I guess I will have to ask Gamestop for another code since I got my game paid off in another state. So I'm going to give them another call.

Update

Ok I got off the phone and he was like "You the same customer who called about it?" I was laughing and acknowledged him. He told me that the pre-order code will be given out at the midnight release here and will be printed on the receipt.
                Last edited by Melody; 08-10-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Uhh ... Is that midnight release thing going to be on the 27th? Because giving out the preorder code after the early access weekend kinda defeats most of the purpose of the preorder bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                    Uhh ... Is that midnight release thing going to be on the 27th? Because giving out the preorder code after the early access weekend kinda defeats most of the purpose of the preorder bonus.
                    I talked to him about that and the GS clerk said he has no clue about the EA code that I was supposed to get. He said that the code was stopped at the Gamestop I go to, so I am not sure. I don't want to have to take 2 trips, but at the same time I would like a head start and get my bearings before the game releases. Do you have to contact SE for the EA code I wonder. I'm glad I opened this thread, since now I'm wondering why all this wasn't really sorted it out....with console users. (Inb4 PC elitist) but anyways, I am probably going to give SE an email and see what's going on. I'll keep this updated for those who are on console and are having the same issue.

Comment

I ordered a digital copy from amazon, and got my code with instructions by email.

If nothing else, the page I linked earlier also links to the beta application, so you can probably get some time in either way.

Comment

Neat, but like I said. I'm not on PC. :3

Comment

I pre-ordered my PHYSICAL PS3 copy and received the pre-order code within minutes from Amazon.com ... cancel your order with Gamestop, and just pre-order from Amazon.com Since you'll be d/l the client on your PS3 for Phase 4, you don't need the actual game disc.

Comment

How big is the client itself?

Comment

So wait, that's for pre-orders but what about those of us who have the original collector's edition? SE said we'd get all the same things minus the physical items.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X