Ninja Confirmed, SCH will use Arcanist as Base Class alongside SMN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja Confirmed, SCH will use Arcanist as Base Class alongside SMN

Square Enix Live, Ustream.TV: Square Enix is Live and on location at your favorite gaming events throughout the year! Catch the latest info through our liv...

- - - Updated - - -

OK nvm, jumped the gun a bit, got trolled by the forums @_@

BUT! SCH will in fact work similar to SMN using some kind of Faerie to cast magic. All 3 look amazing.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Ninja Confirmed, SCH will use Arcanist as Base Class alongside SMN

You are messing with me, mew!! >< I had a feeling it would be too soon to reveal Ninja.

I guess the Faerie is a nod to the Final Fantasy Tactics fairy, which was a healing summon type (besides Moogle).

Comment

The summoning animation is actually really awesome;

In the video the guy pulls out his book, writes in it with a fancy feather pen (you can see some neat diagrams on 1 page) and then the classic little summoning orbs appear all around and poof! Avatar.

Carbuncle just sat there, and the faerie floated, but the SMN... well, what happened was a mini-Ifrit came out - just the upper body ending at the waist and he unleashed a bunch of pillars of flame in front and then promptly vanished. So, it looks like summons will function similar to how they did in the offline games as opposed to XI? I dunno, it was very brief but really, really cool looking.

I gotta admit though, I kinda liked SCH better in XI.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbF3jq04c80
      sigpic

Comment

Where Red Mage?
        sigpic

Comment

So, some clarification as to how SCH works:

As it's based on Arcanist, it will be a pet job this go around. You summon a faerie that attacks for you in battle, leaving you to use your magic to heal the party. However, unlike WHM which focuses on "Big Cures", SCH keeps the party constantly regenerating HP - I'm dubbing it the HoT class (oh god that works on so many levels...)
          sigpic

Comment

Where's Rainbow Dash Mage?

BTW, I emailed Tanaka-san back in 1.0 for Epic Ponies. Still holding my breath on that one.

Comment

I remember the devs confirming a while back that they will be adding a "Scout" type class so I wouldn't rule out Thief, Ninja or even Ranger just yet.
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Lol man I was so pumped when I saw this thread. Firewind, a scout class? That sounds really neat. I wish we had more details on that

Comment

Working...
                X