Special Task Force vs. RMT update!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Task Force vs. RMT update!!

It seems the RMT are trying to stock a lot of gil, mew. And STF requests reporting those people. They have translations here: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/forums/...hp?f=2&t=14771

Re: Special Task Force vs. RMT update!!

700 accounts involved in it.

RMT fucking over new players again.

Square Enix saying they are doing something.

Old guard players will be left with hundreds of millions of gil in a new economy with deflated prices and will utterly dictate the prices for everything and keep things expensive.

So how is ARR going to be better than post abyssea FFXI? If anything this is making FFXIV sound exactly like FFXI back in the CoP era economy-wise.

As someone who is on the fence about ARR (but still willing to at least try it), this isn't really making me want to go back to FFXIV i nthe near future...
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

don't worry, mew. As last resort, they could have gil being the exception and not bring any gil over to 2.0. people can still carry over their gear and levels, but ya no gil carrying over would be fair and keep the economy fresh. The alternative would be to supply servers that don't allow character transfers into it, only new characters allowed in those servers, that could avoid the gil transfer exploits people may be attempting.

Comment

It probably has to do with the fact that I didn't get much done in the game. But I can't think of any good reason for bringing anything from the old version directly into the new one.

Characters should all start from lvl1 and have all items removed, then get high level rewards for certain accomplishments in old version* so they have a good reason to keep playing without breaking the game. Also lots of special titles for quests cleared in the old version. Maybe bonus achievement points, and/or bonus reputation so you can get quests faster. There are a ton of things you can Legacy with without bringing any material assets into the new game.

*For instance special/unique weapons or armor slightly better than anything attainable at cap level for having completed AF quests for example. Or having golden tools of pwnzor (also known as "+1 Special") for leveling DoH jobs to max level which players can claim once they get to lvl 50 again. Etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

PS > Personally I'm way more interested in the Legacy Choco than on bringing my old character back from storage. And I actually think I'm going to delete him when the time comes and start over.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
          It probably has to do with the fact that I didn't get much done in the game. But I can't think of any good reason for bringing anything from the old version directly into the new one.

Characters should all start from lvl1 and have all items removed, then get high level rewards for certain accomplishments in old version* so they have a good reason to keep playing without breaking the game. Also lots of special titles for quests cleared in the old version. Maybe bonus achievement points, and/or bonus reputation so you can get quests faster. There are a ton of things you can Legacy with without bringing any material assets into the new game.

*For instance special/unique weapons or armor slightly better than anything attainable at cap level for having completed AF quests for example. Or having golden tools of pwnzor (also known as "+1 Special") for leveling DoH jobs to max level which players can claim once they get to lvl 50 again. Etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

PS > Personally I'm way more interested in the Legacy Choco than on bringing my old character back from storage. And I actually think I'm going to delete him when the time comes and start over.
          I agree, letting the players "keep their progress" as they stated it, is a bad idea, all it will do is leave a bunch of high level players, whining because they have nothing to do.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I wouldn't blame them for doing a rust storm and it seems like the smart thing to do, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they avoided it at all costs to avoid a backlash from the player base, even if those costs include a broken economy and undeterred RMT.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

ssssooooooooo when is PSO2 coming out in US again? ;p
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Let me inject some common sense here:

(1) Let's say they announce that gil won't be carried over. What is going to stop players from "gil conversion" where they will purchase as many "valuable" items and later on liquidate them in 2.0? SE will not stop at gil not being carried over. They will have to prevent players from also carrying over items on both retainers and inventory.

(2) If the first point comes to pass, players will immediately stop playing. What is the point in trying to obtain weapons and armor and stock up items for crafting if they plan to gut it anyway? Might as well save some real $ and wait till 2.0 rolls out before playing again.

(3) This is why there is going to be a beta test. I hope SE allows players to bring their gil over. Because this will provide some measure of how game breaking this will be (especially reactivated accounts)

There are merits to both arguments. Right now, however, I do wonder just how damaging it is to the game to allow players to carry over anything that is not a rare or rare/ex item over. Most players don't even realize just how much gil is lying dormant on many deactivated accounts. I personally know of several players who, at one point early in the game, about a year ago, had at least 25 million gils. I know of one person who had around 110 million gils. This isn't the exception ... it was pretty much the norm before SE fixed that bug where sharing leves returned a ridiculous amount of gils for players. There were also other bugs related to NPCs and how you could purchase an item cheaply and then resell it to the NPC for a bit more. And other bugs related to item duping, among other things (again, to resell to NPC for gil)

Because the game was in such a sad state and there were no end-game content to speak of and no Auction House, there was no real economy to speak of and so "inflation" was a very nebulous idea. Now that the game has matured, with end game content, and the possibility of carrying over many things from the old to the new, I can see where the concerns are coming from. And not just from new players.

Comment

25?

Dude, the guy who ran the 1st LS I was in back on Figaro had over *200*, all from woodworking & leve sharing.

There is just way the fuck too much gil out there. They need to find some kind of sensible way of going about this though - I for one, will be beyond pissed off if I lose all my gear & crafting materials I have hoarded away. Not because of their monetary value but I really don't want to have to replenish those supplies.

But then you have to factor in shit like Materia as well - if they're going to bomb gil, they absolutely need to bomb any and all unmelded Materia & crafting materials. The problem of course, is you're going to be pissing off all of us who've been paying to play this game and actively working towards our own goals. Nevermind how utterly destructive it'll be even if they do reset all the gil etc with so many people having multiple level 50 crafts. It won't take long for them to establish a new economic hierarchy.

It's also why I'm striving to get as many primal weapons as I can - to hell with using the Gianstgall weapons, they're worth too much gil right now. Some people are arguing they could be worth more in 2.0 if & when skirmish is no longer available, but I disagree - I figure with ARR comes new gear to go for, and no 1 will really give a shit about these things. So sell 'em while they're hot - especially if you can get some good melds to increase the price (and a willing buyer).
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

You see Mal I'm be on the other side of the fence. I really do want to at least try ARR but I doubt I would be interested in playing beyond any sort of trial period if all the high level players are allowed to keep everything purely because I would have no way of catching up and nowhere near the amount of resources or access to resources.

Best example of this I came across was when I was playing FFXIV back in April this year. This was from a conversation with a US player I was doing some levesharing with:

Me: What do I do about low level gear? I mean there's none on the marketplace and a single armour piece will cost me 100k.
                    Someone else: Just level your crafting jobs and make it yourself.
                    Me: So level 6 different jobs to a bunch of different levels just to make a cotton tunic so that I can continue to level my Conjurer to level my Archer to level my Bard?
                    Someone else: Well yeah
                    Me: What about ammo? There's none on the AH
                    Someone else: Craft it. I craft everything for my character.
                    Me: With what materials and jobs levelled? I mean if you have everything levelled why don't I just bring you the materials?
                    Someone else: Just level them yourself.
                    Me: You have every crafting job levelled though. Why not save us all the time of arguing and just do this?
                    Someone Else: Because the game doesn't work like that!

I continued this argument for a few more minutes since this guy didn't seem to be able to comprehend crafting for someone else. A little later I ended up in a similar argument while /shout'ing for crafters in Ul'Dah though that was some dickish UK player screaming at me for /shout'ing in German and not English ("because this is an english server", the conversation about crafting ended up the same) even though the zone at the time was like 80% German players.

I never did find someone to craft that tunic for me (though I did get a couple of /tells asking if I wanted to join a German LS).
                    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Random NPC at starting area says ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                        You see Mal I'm be on the other side of the fence. I really do want to at least try ARR but I doubt I would be interested in playing beyond any sort of trial period if all the high level players are allowed to keep everything purely because I would have no way of catching up and nowhere near the amount of resources or access to resources.
                        This assessment is based on what?

Explain.

And "Because they are high level" is not an explanation. No one is stopping you from grouping with NEW players (Saying there won't be any during a relaunch? Yeah, no) or doing the obscene amount of solo content.
                        sigpic

Comment

Materia and Melding may not make it into ARR, so it's not like that would be a concern and valid reason why you need to hoard gil. But here, let's change the argument a little bit.

Other than for the purpose of purchasing something with your gil, is there a need for it that is immediate and not having the gil would prevent you from playing the game? For example, some valid reasons would be the need to rent a chocobo or to purchase a one-way ticket on an airship. So, gil for transportation. What else? Do you require gil to ressurect if you die on the field? No. Is there a mercenary system in place that requires gil? No.

A simple solution, in this case, is to limit gil carry over. For example, place the ceiling at 1 million. That is not an outrageous amount and even a newbie should be able to earn that in a month or two of consistent play. This will insure that inflation does not start at a very high point and keep the amount of material hoarding to a minimum. However, this does not solve the problem of currency liquidation.

So ... a bold proposal.

-Everyone who participated pre ARR will be able to keep all rare, rare/ex items.

-Everyone who participated pre ARR will be able to keep up to 1 million gils.

-Everyone who participated pre ARR will NOT BE ALLOWED to carry over anything else.

-Everyone who participated pre ARR and with at least one level 50 class/job will also receive ONE voucher for a unique armor set, wearable by a level 50, for one class/job. The set will convey stats equivalent or on par with the gear found in the earliest end game content pre ARR but not any better. The armor set will also include the appropriate weapon/tool for the class/job.

-Everyone else who participated pre ARR but do not have at least one level 50 class/job will receive a voucher for a unique armor set usable by all class/job at level 1 with the appropriate weapon/tool.

------------

But, this discussion is moot, because Yoshi-P made certain promises/concessions in January 2011.

Comment

I'll consider your proposal, but only if it includes a provision that prohibits players from using the word "Gils".
                            Last edited by Raydeus; 08-28-2012, 01:19 PM.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                              I'll consider your proposal, but only if it includes a provision that prohibits players from using the word "Gils".
                              GILS, BITCH.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X