PS3 version might sell for $39.99 new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 version might sell for $39.99 new

Oh if that is true, that might fit with clever strategy to get more console owners to try FFXIV, mew. and more incentive for them to subscribe, since even just paying for 1 month, they are still paying less than $60 to play it, and once they try it and like it, they would continue subscribing, mew.

New price tag revealed for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on Playstation 3 - National Video Game News | Examiner.com

Re: PS3 version might sell for $39.99 new

That's if the game lives up to its potential this time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
      That's if the game lives up to its potential this time though.
      Mew! Many bought DCUO on ps3 despite that being a mediocre FTP level mmorpg (it can't even come close to pre Chains of Promathia FFXI Online).

FFXIV 2.0 will really amaze many people. Even though it won't start with as much content as things like FFXI have now, it will still have plenty more to do than other $60 PS3 videogames, mew and will feel more like a Final Fantasy world than any other FF made for PS3.

Comment

The only FF game made for PS3 as 13, and 13-2, both of which sucked badly lol.

So of course it will be better than any FF title for the PS3. But, I am highly doubting that it will live up to its hype due to how bad the release was when it went live for the PC.

Comment

So of course it will be better than any FF title for the PS3. But, I am highly doubting that it will live up to its hype due to how bad the release was when it went live for the PC.
          Because things possible can't get better.
          sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't say sucked badly so much as failed to live up to expectations. Both games have their share of issues, but they aren't bad games at their cores - just not really up to par with level of quality that's typically expected of the series.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
              Because things possible can't get better.
              I was implying at so far, not in all time.

13 is the only game that has hit the PS3 so far that's a FF title.

Comment

That's your opinion. If it sucked so badly, there shouldn't have been demand for it - but there were. Over 9 million copies worldwide for both original and sequeal. I dare you to name any other RPG with that kind of sales figure for any series, let alone just one title (+ sequel)

Edit: need to clarify I meant any non-SE RPG title going back as far as the PSX generation. I'm almost certain that it has been a while since we've seen a non-SE RPG title hit the 6 million unit mark in worldwide sales (FFXIII sold 6.7 mil as of 6/2012 with FFXIII-2 about 2.5 million and some change)
                Last edited by Aeni; 08-03-2012, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Eh, I wouldn't bank on sales numbers. Call of Duty also enjoys huge sales even though it's Yet Another Shooter. There's millions of people hooked on Zynga games. Plus, video game sales in general are higher this decade than last decade, so a straight by-the-number comparison isn't fair. But I agree that one man's sucky game is another man's favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                    Eh, I wouldn't bank on sales numbers. Call of Duty also enjoys huge sales even though it's Yet Another Shooter. There's millions of people hooked on Zynga games. But I agree that one man's sucky game is another man's favorite.
                    Oh, I agree, I wouldn't go by numbers alone, but when you're talking numbers in the millions, it's almost certain that people buy it to play it and not buy it to be disappointed and throw it in the trash, especially pre-sale figures and first week sales, which are the near max you pay for any title (unless it goes out of print and then it reverts into a collector's item) We are also comparing this to other notable series, not just one-off titles. A Mario RPG would likely sell very well but (putting aside hubris) we know that the game is good. FFXIII wasn't suppose to do so well since everyone said that FFX was horrible, FFXII was "gay" and SE was already lying in its grave.

Comment

Look at the bright side Tak-kun, at least The Last Remnant showed that SE can actually still make good and inventive single player RPGs, as long as it isn't a numbered Final Fantasy game. orz

And even Crisis Core (a PSP sidestory game) owns XII, XIII and XIII-2 put together with little effort.
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

People always have over expectations, but Final Fantasy is still a strong brand and if there are a decent amount of incentives to play at launch, people will play while waiting for better stuff to be added/adjusted, mew. If the industry was dependent on people with overexpectations, companies would have gone out of business a long time ago. Self entitled people are really in the minority and more people are flexible and willing to give mmorpg time to expand while people make use with the content that is available. There will be criticisms but the most successful videogames and mmorpgs always receive criticisms, but that doesn't not cover the positive and valuable side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                          ... but Final Fantasy is still a strong brand...
                          I think this pretty much sums up the good and the bad.

It's a brand now, it stopped being the iconic flagship of RPG goodness shortly after X-2 and went down the "just a brand" road. By now it's little more than a cash cow that doesn't even produce that much money anymore. So my hope is that at least the money they can squeeze out of the brand is enough so they actually work on making the rest of their IPs into good games.

/stillwaitingforVersus
                          sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

the brand is not something to generalize. FF still released quality FF masterpieces like FFXI, FFXII. and FFXIV 2.0 can deliver true quality FF once more, mew. FFXIV has entirely different staff from FFXIII and other projects, so they really don't belong in same criticism spectrum. and XIV 1.0 will be in the past, and FFXIV 2.0 could be the FFXI of this gen, but better in its own ways.

Comment

XII was mediocre, TLR and XI were much better and did a better job at both things XII tried to do. <_<;

And I'm sure I'm going to draw some hate for saying this but XI and (specially) XIV should have never, ever been numbered. Final Fantasy Online and FFO II, and that's it. But just like they did with Spirits Within there's just some genius at Squeenix that just can't help but slap the number and/or name on anything to try and make it more appealing, even if it ends up being appalling instead.
                              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X