• Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.22 Notes

[patch1.22] Patch 1.22 Notes

(long post)
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Patch 1.22 Notes

So they added Campaign style battles? That does actually sound pretty fun since stuff like that was always a nice thing to do when bored.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Not sure if I like all the crafting changes.

I'm really disappointed that they didn't adjust the heavy emphasis on quality, and some of the ability tweaks are strange but overall it looks good. The patch isn't actually up for several more hours and I probably won't try it out until tomorrow. They didn't even touch the DoH abilities or adjust the classes/jobs either this time around, guess that's next patch as the DoL abilities all feel rather useless 95% of the time.
      sigpic

Comment

This patch is going down today? I'm interested in the new GC quests...
        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
        RANK 10 Bastok
        CoP: Done
        ZM: Done
        ToA: Done
        Assault rank: Captain
        Campaign Medal: Medals
        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I you Mal ... you should always post these updates.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
          This patch is going down today? I'm interested in the new GC quests...
          Yes sir.

All Worlds Maintenance (Apr. 25)
          At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV to implement patch 1.22. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after release of the patch.

* Patch download rates may vary depending on server congestion.

* Comprehensive patch notes will be posted on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forums the day of the patch's release.

[Date & Time]
          Apr. 25, 2012 from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
          - FINAL FANTASY XIV

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

[dev1365] Performance-based rewards for local levequests have been altered in the following ways:
          •Successful completion of local levequests now yields one item regardless of performance.
          •Reaching a performance rating of 100 now yields one additional item.
          •Reaching a performance rating of 300 now grants the possibility of yet another additional item.
          In addition, the amount of crystals awarded has also been adjusted.
          Awesome! This makes it much more appealing to do local leves to level up as opposed to foregoing it for grinding on crafts.

•Beds located in inn rooms can now be targeted. Selecting a bed now presents the following options:
          •Do nothing
          •Log out
          •Return to the character selection screen
          •heck the bed
          WTF ...

•Inns can now be set as Return destinations.
          Speak to the NPC found at an inn entrance to set that inn as a secondary home point. Only one of the three inns can be set at a time. This is in addition to the one aetheryte destination setting that is also available as a primary home point.

Setting an inn as a secondary home point becomes available upon completion of the following quests: “Waste Not Want Not” for the Roost in Gridania, “The Ink Thief” for the Mizzenmast in Limsa Lominsa, and “Ring of Deceit” for the Hourglass in Ul’dah.
          Quality of Life is ALWAYS A GOOD THING. I Yoshi-P!

•[dev1369] Adjustments have been made to the manner in which damage reduction from shields is calculated.
          With this, it is now easier for blocks to take effect when fighting enemies of a level higher than your own.
          I think it's time to go solo some of the "easier" GC quests ... hopefully I can gain another rank this weekend

•[dev1376] The following changes have been made to synthesis:
          •The colored lights indicating synthesis status are now accompanied by log messages.
          •A time limit is no longer imposed upon synthesis. Based on this change, the synthesis timer has been phased out.
          •Characters now perform synthesis motions more quickly, and the waiting time between command inputs has been shortened.
          •Elemental instability in synthesis is now limited to those of the crystals used in a given recipe.
          Ex.) In the case of a recipe requiring fire and wind shards, only these two elements will potentially become unstable.
          Based on this change, the classes required to learn certain "Brand of" abilities have been changed.
          * Elemental instability will be random in the case of recipes that do not require crystals.
          •The likelihood of elemental instability has been increased slightly.
          Failing synthesis will, at a certain probability, cause the harnessed element(s) to become unstable.
          * There is no risk of elemental instability if synthesis is carried out successfully.
          •The penalty for elemental instability has been unified to a halving of the progress gauge for the duration of instability.
          OMG ... lots of good changes. I'm glad they got rid of the "time out" bar during synthesis. This will get rid of any speculations on whether or not it has any bearing on success (my own experience has shown it does, but now this will make the synthesis a little less complicated and more consistent)

There are even more changes to synthesis, so I suggest just reading the notes, but overall, so much to digest and I'm really HAPPY that they have at least changed things a bit. I'm gonna read more over my next break.

Comment

Your post needs more nyaas Aeni!

I demand you make the proper adjustments.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

moo!
              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
              RANK 10 Bastok
              CoP: Done
              ZM: Done
              ToA: Done
              Assault rank: Captain
              Campaign Medal: Medals
              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Yeah I kinda did a "WTF" at "heck the bed" as well.

Hamlet defense sounds like a hybrid of Besieged & Campaign, only done right this time.

That every class can take part even during the battle is just win. Props to Yoshi P. My biggest complain is that they still haven't addressed the issue of synthesis taking too damn long now due to the emphasis on raising quality for EXP. They also didn't lower the durability drain from standard synthesis while simultaneously nerfing rapid a bit, which is just odd - maybe they just forgot to mention it. I really would like them to just raise the base EXP on every synth and reduce the bonus granted by quality (not eliminate) just to speed up the process. I don't like taking 2-3 minutes on what should be a 30s or less recipe just to max out my EXP. Grinding quality is also substantially riskier - DoW/M and DoL don't have to deal with this nonsense of intentionally dragging out their activities, so why should DoH?
                sigpic

Comment

I'm going to heck my bed. So. Hard.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                    moo!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Facepalmcow.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	846 Bytes
ID:	1474798
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	hellbovine.gif
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1474799
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]24573[/ATTACH]
                        THERE IS NO COW LEVEL

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Originally posted by Etra View Post
                        I'm going to heck my bed. So. Hard.
                        That can either sound inncuous or kinky. The last two words, with the two periods, however, had me strangely aroused.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                        Your post needs more nyaas Aeni!

I demand you make the proper adjustments.
                        ____━━____┓━╭━━━━╮
                        ____━━____┗┓|::::::^━━^
                        ____━━____━┗|:::::|。◕‿‿◕。|
                        ____━━____━━╰O--O-O--O ╯

Comment

oh.... my.... God....

THAT IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

I take back what I thought of the crafting change now that I've gotten to really get into it tonight.

IT. SUCKS. DONKEY. BALLS.

I don't know what possessed them to take it in *this* direction, but I give them points at the very least for streamlining it and have it go faster (Mala, this is as fast as crafting can go, you're not going to get World of Warcraft speeds) The freaking retarded thing is that you're entirely dependent on your abilities to even NQ with 100% durability. And on leves? FUCK failed one and it was a lower level one at that. FUCK FUCK FUCK

Now, I don't know how it's like when you have all crafts to 50 (But then again, you're only ever concerned with the new recipes and/or HQ'ing old recipes) but for a new player, this system has one of those wonky parabolic curves (difficulty curve) where it only gets easy once you've obtained at least 48 of the 64 total crafting abilities.

(Cynthis said that with "By the Book", "Piece by Piece" and "Maker's Muse", you can just breeze through any recipe ... but yeah, don't expect quality gains from it either)

Comment

I'm not having too bad of a time using Maker's Muse, Aspect Balance, Tender Touch & a relevant brand skill. The Brands are especially amazing now, as they instantly stop elemental instability and give +20 quality (+100 if the element matches the skill) and the recipes for leves are far more sensible.

Sadly, they got several things wrong as well;

- Standard Synthesis still uses up far too much durability
                              - They nerfed rapid and changed blinding speed so so much for abusing that
                              - They nerfed masterpiece for God only knows why
                              - They failed to address the issue of lack of leves for 20+. Seriously I'm sick of going to the counter and finding only 1 (if any) leves for a particular craft at 20+

The system is fast enough now I agree, the process feels much smoother now but it still feels like they broke more than they fixed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X