Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Translated Yoshi P Post - ENGRISH ONRY SERVERS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translated Yoshi P Post - ENGRISH ONRY SERVERS!!!

A Recent Yoshi-P Post that probably needs to be read (Translation)

OP by Stanislaw

Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida プロデューサ/ディレクタの吉田です。
    Hello, Producer/Director Yoshida here.

新生に向けての資料が膨大でかつ、一部曖昧な表現にてご迷惑をおかけしています。
    プロデューサーレターLIVE後編前に、新生FFXIVの概要、キャラクタデータの引き継ぎと
    課金の判断について、先行して補足をさせて頂きます。
    LIVE放送当日にも、吉田の口から直接ご説明もするつもりです。
    (各項目、今回はできるだけ簡潔にお答えさせて頂きます)
    Concerning the recent release of the plans and progresses over the 'renewal', it seems I have caused quite a bit of stir and consequently some confusion, and thus I would like to apologize.
    Therefore, before the release of the second half of the Producer Letter Live, I would like to mention several follow-ups over the new FFXIV, and topics such as the carry-over of characters and the timing of billing.
    I will of course mention these same topics during Producer Letter Live as well.
    (For now, I would like to simply clear up a few things)

■新生FFXIVについて■
    About the new FFXIV

新生FFXIVは、概要にもありますとおり、
    As mentioned in the summary, the new FFXIV will feature:

・MAPの作り直しと総入れ替え
    ・グラフィックスエンジン入れ替え
    ・サーバシステム全改修(設計の変更含む)
    ・ユーザーインターフェースの全入れ替え+Add on対応
    ・プレイヤーコミュニティシステムの大幅強化

Complete overhaul and replacing of maps
    Complete overhaul of the graphics engine
    Overall revisions to the server system
    Complete overhaul of the UI + Being able to use Add-ons
    Strengthening of the Player Communication System

が5本の柱となる、FFXIVの次なるステージの始まりを意味します。
    これまでに「大改修を実行中です」とお答えしてきたものに、
    キチンとした説明と途中成果報告をさせて頂いたのが、今回の新生のアナウンスとご理解ください。
    The above five will be the pillars of the new FFXIV, and will represent the next stage in the game's evolution.
    We have been telling the community that "We are in the process of revising the game", so think of this announcement over the new FFXIV as our explanation for our vagueness over the questions about revising the game, and consequently, our progress report thus far.

これは現状のサーバシステムや状況では実現が難しい
    This of course includes the several other features that are difficult to implement due to how our current server system is set up, such as:

・新規ワールドのオープン
    ・言語別ワールドの設置(言語別/グローバル併用を予定)
    ・ワールド移転サービス(新設ワールドへは一定期間制限)

The opening of new servers
    The opening of new language-specific servers (our current plan is to have both language-specific and global servers in operation)
    Server Transfer services (temporary restrictions over new servers)

などを可能にすることを含んでいます。
    The new FFXIV will make the above options possible.

ですが、これまで我々開発チームと皆さんのフィードバックによって、
    実装や調整が行われてきた、
    However, this doesn't mean that the current features in place that have been implemented by the Dev team thanks to our feedback from our playerbase, such as:

・新レシピへの入れ替え
    ・ゼーメル要塞などの新コンテンツ
    ・マイチョコボ/レンタルチョコボ
    ・UIの改修
    ・バトルの再構築
    ・グランドカンパニーシステム
    ・クエストの継続実装
    ・ゲーム序盤の整理と強化
    ・サーバの継続調整

Recipe revisions
    New content such as Dzemael Darkhold
    Personal Chocobos/Rental Chocobos
    UI Revisions
    Battle Revisions
    Grand Company System
    New Quests
    The sorting-out and ease of play at start
    Server Optimization

も実際には「新生」と同じ意味を持ちますし、新生時にそのまま生きます。
    (サーバとUIは、頂いたフィードバックを盛り込んだ上で、最後は全入れ替えになります)。
    ...will take a back seat. They will mean a lot for the new FFXIV, and when we switch over to FFXIV 2.0, it will still be there and continue to be improved on.
    (For the server and UI, we will continue to take in the current feedback and do a complete overhaul at the end)

ただし「エオルゼア第七霊災」に関連するクエストや、
    蛮神コンテンツは、新生開始時に「消滅もしくは実装内容変更」になります。
    新生以降では獲得できないアイテムやアチーブメントも存在します。
    However, concerning quests that are related to the "Seventh Umbral Era" and the current and future Primal God content, it will either disappear or be significantly changed in the new FFXIV.
    Thus, we will have items and achievements that cannot be obtained no more once the new FFXIV starts rolling around.

さらに、これからパッチ1.20以降で行う、
    Furthermore, with the implementation of the following features to Patch 1.20 and beyond:

・マーケット強化
    ⇒アイテムサーチからの直接購入
    ⇒最新20件程度の売買履歴(相場を知るために)
    ⇒アイテム詳細を判別した検索
    -Market Ward improvements-
    Being able to buy Items directly off Item search
    Price History for the last 20 items (to gauge the going price)
    Items details revealed when selected in search

・プレイヤーサーチ実装
    ⇒PCクラス、ジョブ、Lv、言語、PT希望などでの検索
    -The implementation of player search-
    Being able to search different categories such as PC class, job, level, language, and people looking for a PT.

・クラスアクション改修
    ・蛮神ダークモーグリ戦
    ・アチーブメントシステム実装
    ・ジョブシステム実装
    ・複数のインスタンスレイド追加
    ・蛮神ガルーダ戦
    ・帝国バトルコンテンツ

Further improvements to Class Actions
    Dark Moogle Fight
    The implementation of the Achievement System
    The implementation of the Job System
    New Instances Dungeons/Raids
    Garuda Fight
    Battle Contents that involve fighting the Empire

・これまで同様継続されるUIの調整
    ・クラフトシステム、ギャザリングシステムの調整
    ・レシピの追加や新たな素材採集

Continued improvements to the UI
    Adjustments to the Crafting System and Gathering System
    New Recipies and New Harvestable Items

これ以外にも多くのタスクを予定していますが、
    これもすべて「新生」と同じ意味を持ち、同じ仕様、同じ実装になります。
    This is not everything, but again they will be important for the new FFXIV, and will be implemented in the new FFXIV as well.

そういう意味では、FFXIVは今現在も、これからも進化を続け、
    今も新生時もエオルゼアはエオルゼアとして、拡大していきます。
    In that sense, you can say that even now FFXIV is still evolving, and the Eorzea now and the Eorzea after will continue to be expanded on.

その中で「第七霊災にまつわるエピソード」や
    「第七霊災に関するバトルコンテンツ」は、新生が始まるまでの期間しか
    プレイすることができません。エオルゼアの世界に起こる激変を
    どうぞ、ライブ感を持ってお楽しみください。
    However, the Episodes and battles revolving around the "Seventh Umbral Era" can only be experienced before the new FFXIV comes around. I hope everyone can enjoy the events, the experiences and the coming changes to the world of Eorzea in a live, realtime sense.

■キャラクタデータの引き継ぎについて■
    Concerning the carry-over of character datas

プレイヤーキャラクタデーターは、開発体制移行時にもお約束している通り、
    このままプレイを続けて頂いて、基本的に何らワイプされません。
    Like I had promised when we changed into our current development team, current player character data will continue to be saved and will, in principle, not be wiped.

EXPもLvもギルも所持アイテムも、達成済みのクエストフラグも、
    開発側で新生データ設計へ、自動的にコンバートさせて頂きます。
    どうぞご安心して、プレイを継続してください。
    (一部、データ引き継ぎ時点で、途中だったクエストなどの個別フラグなどは、
    クエスト受諾初期状態になるかもしれません。
    クリア済みのクエストではなく、あくまで途中だったもの)
    Exp, Lv, Gil, Items and the list of completed quests will automatically be converted and carried over to the new FFXIV without loss.
    Therefore, please continue to play normally without worry to this issue.
    (The exception might be to quests that have already been accepted and currently in-progress. They may be reset to to a status where you didn't receive the quest at all)

これはFFXIVのアカウントをお持ちで、キャラクタデータが作成されていれば、
    どなたのキャラクタでもデータ移行させて頂きます。
    The above holds true to whoever has a FFXIV account and is in possession of Character Data.

膨大になるであろうアイテムのみ、データ一括コンバートの際に、
    開発側で、所定NPCに一旦預け、後に皆さんで引き出して頂くなど、
    お手伝いを頂く可能性があります。データは消滅しませんので、
    期日が近づき、詳細が決まり次第、こちらは追ってご連絡致します。
    (コンバートしないと銘入れなどが実現できないのです)
    However, due to the immense scale of item data that needs to be converted over, it is possible that us Developers may implement a system where your current items are temporarily stored to an NPC which you can later take out to ease this process. The item data itself of course will not be wiped even if we do take this form of item transfer, so please don't worry. We will make a follow-up announcement to this topic when we finalized which method we are going to take.
    (If we don't convert items, we cannot implement the feature of adding names to items)

[-Stanislaw's Note: I am not 100% sure what Yoshi-P means in this last part, but I assume he means the system of adding player names to the items, where crafters can add their names to completed items.-]

なお、ギルについてはハウジング、装備カラー変更システム、
    床屋などなど「繰り返し消費のあるコンテンツ」にて、
    しっかり使い道を作らせて頂きますので、ギルもそのまま継続になります。
    Concerning gil, we plan to implement features such as Housing, Changing the color of equipments, Barbers and other similar features where they are repeatable, gil-consumable content. Therefore, the current gil will still carry over into the new FFXIV.

経済状況が白紙な新規ワールドの設置も予定しています。
    Additionally, we also have plans to open new servers where the slate is wiped clean.

■課金の開始について■
    -About Billing-

先日のプロデューサーレターLIVE全編で、吉田はプレイヤーの方のご質問に
    「現在はグローバルにFFの名を関して、最新のMMOとして勝負するには50%」
    とお答えさせて頂きました。これは当日バージョン1.19リリース時点での、
    正直な気持ちです。まだ1.20以降のパッチは未実装ですので、それは現時点でも変わりません。
    In my earlier Producer Letter Live, I, Yoshida, replied to player's question where I replied: "To be honest, I consider that we're about half way to the point where we can confidently call it FINAL FANTASY." This is my honest answer at the point where 1.19 was released. Because 1.20 and further patches have yet to be implemented, I still stand by this statement.

[-Stanislaw's Note: Concerning the ever-debated "half way" comment by Yoshi-P, I find that the official translation's answer, which I used in the above translation, is slightly inaccurate. If I were the one translating it, it would be more like: "As a global title that holds the Final Fantasy name, I feel that we're at a 50% mark before we can compete against other, newer MMOs in the market." Therefore, while everyone assumes he's saying "FFXIV is only halfway complete content wise", I feel it's more like "FFXIV is about at a 50% standard compared to other newer MMOs." If that's better or for worse, I'll leave that up for you guys to decide.-]

LIVE放送のこの回答の際、そのままの流れでお話しさせて頂いたとおり、
    特にPCサーチ、マーケットサーチが存在しない(ただサーチできるだけでは意味がない)状態なのは、
    他に比べMMORPGとして、大きくマイナスだろうと思っています。
    And, like how I followed it up with my other answers afterwards, I feel that with the lack of player search and market search features (by no means I think that being able to search for items only has solved the problem) severely hampers efforts to compete with other MMORPGs.

同時に一方でお答えした通り「ファイナルファンタジーXIV」でしか味わえない、
    「ファイナルファンタジーらしさ」は、世界観、キャラクタ性、シナリオ、各コンテンツ、サウンド、
    そして、フォーラムでの開発と皆さんとの交流など、1.19を皮切りに、
    FFXIVらしさは、今後も継続して、出して行ける状態になったと思っています。
    I feel that the "Final Fantasy" feeling you can only experience in FFXIV only started to materialize after 1.19 with the newly implemented lore, personality, scenario, content, and sounds in the game, much to the thanks of all the feedback and talks exchanged with everyone in the forums. I feel we're finally at a point where we will be able to push the "Final Fantasy" forward in this game.

その上で、課金を開始させて頂くのは、パッチ1.20リリース後の12月上旬くらいを想定しています。
    1.20では大きな課題である「PCサーチ」と「マーケットサーチ」、特にマーケットについては、
    「競売場」と呼ばれる「仕組み」が実現できるように、
    サーバー改修前ではありますが、実装にチャレンジしている状態です。
    (新生では更にマーケットの見た目そのものを変えるつもりです)
    この2つがあるのと、無いのとでは「MMORPGの最低限」として、
    かなり大きな隔たりがあると考えています。
    With that in mind, I will like to say that we will only start billing for this game after patch 1.20 is released, which is scheduled for sometime during the first half of December. For 1.20 we will finally like to absolve the two big issues of "PC search" and "Market search" - especially Markets, to make an "System" that we can call an "Auction House" possible for the future. These changes are taking place before server revisions so difficulties are present, but we are continuing to tackle the issues at hand to make these changes possible.
    (In the new FFXIV, we even have plans to change the look of the Markets completely)
    I feel that the differences of having these two features and not having them is so significant, so much that I feel these are features are the absolute minimum requirements for this game be called an MMORPG.

その上で、更に1.20以降も蛮神バトル、インスタンスレイド、ジョブシステム、
    帝国バトルコンテンツと、大型のコンテンツをこれまでの運営と変わらず、
    どんどん、ガンガン実装させて頂く予定です。
    更に、いずれプレイできなくなる、今しかプレイできない要素を
    どのMMORPGにも存在しない遊びとして、提供させて頂きます。
    In addition, patches 1.20 and beyond will feature significant contents such as new Primal battles, Instances raids, Job System and Empire battle content while continuing on with our ongoing work and push for more content.
    Furthermore, we also have plans to add content where you can only experience if you're playing now, a fun, enjoyable experience that no other MMORPG can offer.

プレイして頂けるお客様、FFXIVをご購入頂いたすべてのお客様に、
    ひとつでも上のサービスをお届けするため、仮に開発費を除いたとしても、
    サーバの維持費、24時間GMサポート費用、
    その他、諸々の経費はどうしても必要になります。
    However, in order to continue these services for our customers who have bought this game and for our customers who continue to play this game, even if we didn't factor in development costs, there are also server maintenance costs, 24-hour GM support costs and many others that require consideration, so we need funding in order to continue operating.

ですので、その時の最新バージョンを1.20に限らず、
    1.21でも1.22でも、いずれでも構いません、それらをプレイして頂き、
    お客様、おひとりおひとり、面白い!と思うかどうか、課金の是非を判断頂けたらと思います。
    Therefore, we will let our customers decide at the point where 1.20 is released - or perhaps even when 1.21 or 1.22 is released, it doesn't matter - if they want to pay the bills for this game or not by deciding if this game is fun to play or not at their current respectable states.

ただ、吉田と開発チームは、更にその先「最低限」から、
    FFXIVをもっともっと上まで、世界一のMMORPGを目指して、
    突っ走っていきたいと考えています。
    Still, for myself and the Development team. this is still the 'bare minimum'. We will like to continue working on FFXIV and continue to make changes and improvements so one day, FFXIV may be the best MMORPG in the world.

それが新生に至るまでの運営であり、
    新生のために必要な幾つかの根本作り直しです。
    This is our current stances for development, what I feel is necessary and what I feel are basic changes that needed to be implemented in order for the new FFXIV to come into fruition.

■ではなぜ今のタイミングで課金発表?■
    -So why the billing announcement now?-

当然これは非常に悩みました。
    ですが、これ以上告知を遅らせてしまうと、1.20のリリースまで間が無くなり、
    それと同時に、お客様に課金をお知らせするタイミングが、課金実施日へ近づいてしまいます。
    今告知させて頂けば、2ヵ月近い無料期間が生まれます。
    I debated to myself a lot over this issue.
    However, if I had announced it any later, the time between the announcement and the release of 1.20 would be short and thus give our customers a very short notice over the billing announcement. If we announce it now, it gives our customers an almost 2-month free period.

ご存知の通り、FFXIVは課金の自動更新に同意して頂かなければ、
    無料期間であっても、プレイすることができません。
    そのため、今既にプレイを停止されてしまった方は、
    アナウンス期間が短く、また、情報があまり広がらなければ、
    アナウンス自体が、しっかりお客様の耳に届かない可能性もあります。
    その際、「課金されてしまうのではないか」と、ご不安に思われてしまうお客様も、
    いらっしゃるかもしれません。
    As you all know, under our current payment system if you don't agree to our automatic billing you cannot play the game even under our free-trial period.
    Therefore, for people who have already stopped playing, if the time between our announcement and billing was short, or if the information didn't spread as much, it is possible the details of our announcement might not reach our customer's ears.
    If that happens, our customers might then have the worry of "I might be billed automatically!".

それも加味した上で、発表の通り、弊社側で、課金開始前に自動更新を停止させて頂き、
    課金にはお客様の再度の同意が必要になるように対応を進めていますが、
    やはりそれは「更新を止めといたから、報告は適当で良い」ということにはなりません。
    With that in mind, like we mentioned earlier in our billing announcement, when we do start billing all accounts will be temporarily suspended to prevent such occurrences and let our customers decide if they want to pay for our services in order to continue playing. This doesn't mean, however, such excuses as "Because we suspected accounts, we can get away without making a big announcement." be acceptable.

この新生という名称と発表は、ある程度のインパクトを出せると考えましたので、
    このタイミングでご報告し、できるだけ不安要素を取り除かせて頂き、
    可能であれば無料期間のうちに、少しでも1.19や1.20を触って貰えるのではないかと考えました。
    We had thought with this announcement of the forthcoming new FFXIV we would be able to make a significant impact on our customers and thus inform them over our plans for billing and alleviate any concerns over the timing and, if possible, allow our customers to experience the content added in 1.19 and 1.20 before billing starts.

繰り返しになりますが、その上で今後も続く全力でのサービスに、
    面白さやライブ感、コンテンツ、それぞれに、課金の意義を見出して頂けたなら、嬉しく思います。
    It's a repeat of what I said earlier, but I will be glad if our customers feel that the game is worth paying for when they experience what we have to offer in our current and coming content.

■さらに上のサービス品質や遊びを目指して■
    -To further improve our quality of service and enjoyability-

・コンテンツファインダー
    ・言語別サーバー(言語別/グローバル併用)
    ・ハウジング
    ・PvP/大規模PvP
    ・フリーカンパニー
    ・蛮神召喚
    ・クリスタルタワー

Content Finder
    Language-specific servers (both language-specific and global servers will be in operation)
    Housing
    PvP/Massive PvP
    Free Company
    Primal Summons
    Crystal Tower

などなど、実現すること、やりたいこと山のようにあります。
    他のMMORPGに存在するもの、存在しないもの、全部ひっくるめて。
    In addition to the above content, there are a mountain more things we want to add/do.
    That includes not only stuff that's present in other MMORPGs, but also things that aren't present in other MMORPGs.

MMORPGは果てしなく進化していくゲームジャンルです。
    ひとつ実現すれば、また次の理想や欲求が出てきます。
    それがMMORPG開発と運営の面白さですし、
    お客様は、それを楽しみにプレイを続けて頂けるのだと思います。
    MMORPGs is a game genre where it continuously evolves.
    Once something is implemented, it is natural that something else wants/needs to added.
    That is something that's us MMORPG Developer and Management enjoying doing, and I feel that's also one of the things that customers continue to enjoy experiencing and have fun while playing.

このために、現状の運営を続け、引き続き全力で開発を行い、
    お客様に楽しんで頂きつつ、より高いレベルへ突き進んで行くのが、
    吉田の仕事であり、責任なのかなと思っています。
    Therefore, it is our job and duty to continue with our current management, work hard in Development, satisfy our customers and take our product to an even higher level. I feel that is my, Yoshida's, job and responsibility.

結局長文になってしまいました、ゴメンナサイ……。
    Apologizes for this super long post.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Translated Yoshi P Post - ENGRISH ONRY SERVERS!!!

/ja "wait&see" <me>
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Thanks for posting this and I agree with Stanislaw regarding the whole "50%" issue. The official translation was slightly off and he did try to draw comparisons to other MMO games such as Rift, Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars. I think, in a sense, FFXIV had too many features that were not implemented that should've been because it's now a required standard in the realm of MMORPGS. Things like the ability to send items to another player who is offline or an efficient marketplace (i.e., Auction House) or faster transportation across a large persistent world. Yoshi-P even goes on to talk about add-ons and other things which, again, are almost standard commodities of MMOs.

Comment

Thanks a lot for this translation; much appreciated.

But I guess it is time to end my subscription then... Nice of them to give us early warning.
        I may decide to rejoin later down the road, probably when the game is out on PS3 (looking like 2013 or something).
        Right now there is too few people playing and one can barely sell stuff for gil, let alone upgrade equipment or craft it.

It's one thing to beta-test the game for free... and another to pay for that privilege.
        It is effectively a Wait and See as Raydeus pointed out.
        Active Server: Asura
        Active Characters: Samuriko, Goerkhan

Comment

and you will miss the one time only story that will happen from now till 2.0

the game is atleast playable now, and we have been playing free for a year -.-
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Not free at all, we all paid to play the game (alfa/beta or not). They charged us for it even if they probably hope we forget about that somehow.

Now, I'm not saying I don't understand their need to cover costs to keep developing XIV. On the contrary I know it all too well. But the truth is they are in a money pinch because they've already blew off their budget on FFXIV ver. 1.0 and it is their responsibility, not the players'.

So the way I see it asking their costumers to pay for the re-development is a gamble I doubt will pay off, but that I hope I'm wrong about. With luck enough people finds the game entertaining enough to pay for or at the very least promising enough that they'll want to show their support for SE by paying the monthly fee.

And the only way I can see it working is if they asked for a reduced fee -5 to 10 bucks max- all the way to 2.0

That would probably be more successful than trying to charge full for beta testing. But it really depends on SE's budget, how much money they actually need and how much they are willing to risk to see if they can salvage the project. Personally I think there's a big risk the project is already too expensive to salvage, specially considering Japanese development costs. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised at all if XIV ends up costing twice as much just to be on a commercial level, let alone being able to even recover said cost for years after/if operations begin.

Only time will tell about that.

PS > I will support SE in other ways though. One way will be buying Type-0 and Versus. Another will be by reducing the load on their XIV servers (aka I'm not renewing) and last but not least I'll pray to the Fayths (in FFX HD) once a week for their success.

I think I'm a very good SE fan if you ask me.

PPS > You know what would make me pay a fee all the way till 2.0? If Yoshida said they were adding Blitzball both as a PvP competion and PvC in game.
            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

That is how I see it actually a gamble, I will gable by paying the fee, to see if this 2.0 thing really happens. If it does, jackpot... if not, I toss it and move on.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                PPS > You know what would make me pay a fee all the way till 2.0? If Yoshida said they were adding Blitzball both as a PvP competion and PvC in game.
                Wait a moment. You're a FFVIII fanboy with a thing for Blitzball?
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                  That is how I see it actually a gamble, I will gable by paying the fee, to see if this 2.0 thing really happens. If it does, jackpot... if not, I toss it and move on.
                  Patch 1.20 and 1.21 better be real good if 2.0 is to become a reality. <_<;

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                  Wait a moment. You're a FFVIII fanboy with a thing for Blitzball?
                  Yup, pretty much.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

PS > I'm curious about the language specific servers. I would never play in one unless I was forced to, but I wonder if people will choose segregation if server room isn't an issue.
                  sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                    Not free at all, we all paid to play the game (alfa/beta or not). They charged us for it even if they probably hope we forget about that somehow.

Now, I'm not saying I don't understand their need to cover costs to keep developing XIV. On the contrary I know it all too well. But the truth is they are in a money pinch because they've already blew off their budget on FFXIV ver. 1.0 and it is their responsibility, not the players'.
                    SE incurred development costs and already wrote that off as a loss in the previous fiscal year. And that's probably writing off losses for pretty much the development cycle for 3 or 4 years (depending on who you ask) What they need now is to:

(a) pay for the increase in costs due to operation expenses (i.e., server operations)
                    (b) pay for the employees' salaries ... this isn't an open source effort
                    (c) pay for additional server equipment/hardware

Remember, this particular project needs to be self sufficient, just as FFXI has been for SE. Every team, every division has finite resources. You cannot rely on drawing upon the resources of corporate headquarters.

TL;DR

You can either pay and continue to play, quit now and wait for 2.0 or just walk away completely and look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                      You can either pay and continue to play, quit now and wait for 2.0 or just walk away completely and look elsewhere.
                      Don't get me wrong, I am wishing this game to kick-in into overdrive and get going; I'd love nothing more than to get lost playing it.
                      But When I stopped last month, it wasn't there yet. FF11 has been messed-up by Abyssea pretty good as well (no classic parties)...
                      That leaves me in that hole in the middle, and It's a "Meh" situation at best.

Now I have the choice between a F'up FF11, or a "getting there" ff14.
                      I'll stick with FF11 (and maybe try other MMO's) until ff14 is ready.
                      It's shaping up fine with what I am ready in the red text tho; there's still hope ! =)

-- FrancoisX
                      Last edited by FrancoisX; 10-17-2011, 09:06 PM.
                      Active Server: Asura
                      Active Characters: Samuriko, Goerkhan

Comment

1,000,000% against region/language onry servers.

Lets all just get along!

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
                          1,000,000% against region/language onry servers.

Lets all just get along!
                          I don't care either way ... but I prefer to have everyone mixed up together rather than be self segregated.

Comment

I dunno, I'm actually pretty tempted for English only. Not because I hate the JP or anyone else, but just for ease of communication & play - though it will mean smaller servers (probably).

Also read more carefully - they are including both Global & Language servers, so take your pick.
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what the population does when given the choice between global and language specific servers.
                              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                              Name: Drjones
                              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Working...
                              X