Selbina, where art thou?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selbina, where art thou?

Although I'm really enjoying the game (especially considering the recent changes in the NOV update that improved a lot of what I found painful), I have yet to make any real friends in the game. I find the reason to be 3-fold.

1. I play at strange hours that usually overlap with the Japanese, French and German players. Language barriers FTL.

2. Although I did so for clear and distinct reasons of nostalgia.... it appears nobody else on this or any other forum I frequent chose Selbina as their server... at least none that have made themselves known to me.

3. My RL friends are not gamers... and can not be convinced to invest in a time consuming game like FFXIV (or any other MMO for that matter)... not for lack of trying, I might add.

So with these reasons in mind... I ask, nay PLEAD that any FFXIO subscriber who has chosen Selbina (and still plays FFXIV) make themselves known!!! I'm alone and I crave in-game companionship.

I play from 9:00am - 12:00 noon EST Tuesday - Friday and all day on Saturday. I'm sporatically online at random times Sunday and Monday... but usually I leave those days for family.

PS: I have CANDY!!!

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Selbina, where art thou?

You play at such an odd hour. 9am - 12pm EST is about 4am - 7am my way. I usually play around 7pm - 1am my way (midnight to 6am your time)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
      You play at such an odd hour. 9am - 12pm EST is about 4am - 7am my way. I usually play around 7pm - 1am my way (midnight to 6am your time)
      I work from 1:30 PM to Midnight Tuesday - Friday. I wake up early to walk my dog and then plop myself down at the computer to play for a few hours beofre I go to work. Usually by the time I get home I only have time to eat something and go to bed.

I know they're odd hours, lol.

Comment

Someone said a phurble cast Protect III on them (FFXIV's Pixies?),

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/...0-29-16-04.jpg

sooo kawaiiii!

Comment

What the hell is that thing? it looks like the things from Critters.

And on the CORE besaid forums people are trying to make a linkshell to gather the smaller 1-10 member linkshells in 1 place, a merge you can say.

But its a decent idea, try something like that, you might end up with a few active people to keep you company.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of J9's post. :/

Tho, that happens a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
              I'm not sure I understand the relevance of J9's post. :/

Tho, that happens a lot.
              Yeah I totally thought I was reading a different thread and had to scroll back up to make sure until I saw your post.

Comment

Jenova you are awesome, mew!

Comment

Originally posted by awesomeOmnislashing View Post
                  Jenova you are awesome, mew!
                  J_9... you don't need to make a second account on FFXIO just to compliment yourself. That's just shameless.

Comment

I'm not J9!

I've been lurking on several different forums in order to get a grasp for what, or where, the ffxiv community is. As for many others, ffxiv was going to be a modern MMO that I could immerse myself in. Calling the game a let down should suffice, I'm quite sure that every forum about this game has enough ranting on that subject. Regardless, I find myself looking for communities related to the game.

To explain a bit; I found J9s postings, whether she be a fat dude in a basement somewhere or a "mithra tween", very uplifting. It makes me want to wait for this game to get on its feet ( assuming they are trying).

Speaking of which, I haven't found any discussion on the recent patches for the game. Do a lot of people here think that the issues addressed help them see the game in a good light?

Comment

Oh, then you don't quite fit in here. The rest of us find J9 somewhat nauseating.

(I am kidding about not fitting in, though nauseating? Totally honest there.)
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I'm not J9!
                        Convincing argument.
                        Originally posted by Armando
                        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                        Originally posted by Armando
                        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                        Matthew 16:15

Comment

I'm not J9!.
                          Yes you are. Argument over.

To explain a bit; I found J9s postings, whether she be a fat dude in a basement somewhere or a "mithra tween", very uplifting.
                          You consider being constantly told to "HUSH YO FACE!!!" uplifting?

You and I, sir... have very different opinions of what is "uplifting"

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                            You and I, sir... have very different opinions of what is "uplifting"
                            The only uplifting that would interest me is the kind that women sometimes exhibit when modeling swimwear, lingerie and birthday suits.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                              The only uplifting that would interest me is the kind that women sometimes exhibit when modeling swimwear, lingerie and birthday suits.
                              Nonono... that's "push-upping". It's a common mistake. Happens to the best of us. I won't fault you.

Also... you live in Hawaii? Have you ever seen Dog the Bounty Hunter? XD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X