Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are 2 most expensive war classes in FFXIV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are 2 most expensive war classes in FFXIV?

ya I wonder what are the most expensive classes to maintain and stuff in order to level them up and stuff as your main.
    Any idea so far which classes require the most gil to advance with them and use them effeciently, mew?

Re: what are 2 most expensive war classes in FFXIV?

Gladiator is definitely one of them as you will be using the highest quality full plate and war garb armor and have a shield as well.

I would say Marauder is the next one simply because axes seem to be more expensive than the other weapons at the moment. Another possibility is Archer because of the cost of ammunition.
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.3Ghz
    MSI P55-CD53
    8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1333 RAM
    Visiontek Radeon HD 5850, Core @ 775Mhz, Mem @ 1150Mhz

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm777 View Post
      Gladiator is definitely one of them as you will be using the highest quality full plate and war garb armor and have a shield as well.

I would say Marauder is the next one simply because axes seem to be more expensive than the other weapons at the moment. Another possibility is Archer because of the cost of ammunition.
      owwie! thanks! So I guess its harder to get arrows for Archer than it is repairing melee weapons for other classes?

Hmm mages sound more affordable but I think their spells might cost a lot to buy (they get free recharges due to MP, though.)

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
        So I guess its harder to get arrows for Archer than it is repairing melee weapons for other classes?
        Actually I'm not sure about the repair rates on weapons. I assume Archers would also have to repair their bows. If the rates are similar, ammunition would be a cost on top of what they're already paying for repairs.

mages sound more affordable but I think their spells might cost a lot to buy
        The only spells you will be buying are the abilities and traits from the conjurer's/thaumaturge's guild. The rest are acquired through ranking up. Mages seem like they are cheaper to maintain. They wear lighter armor and aren't weapon dependent like other classes. This might change depending on the price of MP regeneration items because at the moment, you can't regenerate MP passively and have to use aetheryte crystals.
        Last edited by Paradigm777; 10-05-2010, 05:42 AM.
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64
        Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.3Ghz
        MSI P55-CD53
        8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1333 RAM
        Visiontek Radeon HD 5850, Core @ 775Mhz, Mem @ 1150Mhz

Comment

whaaaat? Archers have to repair their bow besides buying/crafting arrows??? That sounds like a bit much but I suppose with how much easier it is to get gil in FFXIV, maybe it balances itself out.

I'd imagine the devs played and tested Archer from rank 1-50 to see how easy it is to afford and advance with that class.

Comment

I'd imagine the devs played and tested Archer from rank 1-50
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I don't think you can label any job "most expensive" this time around, simply because of the way things are made.

Since SE smartened up and made stuff able to break, as well as forcing you to assemble different parts for weapons and armor, it's not as cut and dry as it was in XI. There's no more gear-swapping in battle either, so you don't have multiple builds for certain classes anymore, but rather a straight up generic set (something SE has only just now started on in XI with AF3 and even then)

I will concede however that Axes do seem to take ridiculously higher level materials. The 1st upgrade for MAR takes a freaking Elm Axe Shaft, and Elm lumber to make it is rank 21. But Archer gets similar treatment with basic freaking bronze arrows requiring Cedar branches!

Yeah, I don't think SE properly thought through some of these crafting recipes.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Uh, so we only get to discuss two classes?

Eorzeapedia • View topic - what are the 3 most expensive FFXIV war classes?

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  so you don't have multiple builds for certain classes anymore, but rather a straight up generic set
                  With the way the job system is made, you could easily end up building multiple gear sets for a class. As a Marauder, I can gear myself towards a more defensive build through certain stat, gear and ability choices, or I can go pure DD in the same vein. I could gear acc and stat for Str or create builds better for AoEing groups of enemies and such. Then of course is the fact that unlike XI, you really can't get by on just one or two jobs, especially if you plan on seriously crafting (which will have their own gear sets).

But as of right now, it shouldn't even be thought of in terms of "most expensive gear" for a specific class. Is there really that much specific differences between the armor of each class?
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Not saying you can't have multiple gear sets, that's the whole point of the game - creating your own class. What I meant was, gear-swapping in general is gone and I hope it never comes back. Because we all know it makes total, perfect sense to completely change what you're wearing in a fight.

So you wouldn't have gear on hand specifically for optimizing Bloodbath and nothing else, for example. Instead you cater to your class as a whole rather than constantly swapping out for specific actions, and that's something I'm very grateful for.
                    sigpic

Comment

There will still be a degree of swapping. If you are out on Con and you swap to a sword for Gld, you'll want to change your equips too. I doubt you'll want to be loaded down with Mag Acc gear.

As for swapping out for specific abilities, I think we'll see it. If you have an ability that does more dmg with more Dex and there are a couple pieces that add Dex, people will start swapping.

Just because we are in the honeymoon phase of the game doesn't mean things won't change. It was the same way with FFXI. People didn't care too much about your sub as long as you did your job, in the beginning. That eventually changed. People didn't gear swap like mad men either in the beginning but again, that changed.

I'll change so enjoy it now. Especially with an insurgence of FFXI players, things will quickly be optimized.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Switching gear in the middle of a fight gives you a debuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                          So you wouldn't have gear on hand specifically for optimizing Bloodbath and nothing else, for example. Instead you cater to your class as a whole rather than constantly swapping out for specific actions, and that's something I'm very grateful for.
                          But a single class can still have multiple sets of gear. Which is all I was saying.

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                          As for swapping out for specific abilities, I think we'll see it. If you have an ability that does more dmg with more Dex and there are a couple pieces that add Dex, people will start swapping.
                          I don't think you can swap abilities mid fight, you need to disengage to do so. And once you swap in new abilities, they're counting down it's recast timer, so you have to wait before you actually use them. And once you switch to passive mode your TP starts going down at a dramatic rate. Also, if you're engaged in a fight, it actually takes like 20 seconds to switch to passive mode, so it's even more time to wait before you can swap abilities.

As for gear, I didn't even know you could actually swap stuff mid combat at all, every time I tried it yelled at me saying I needed to be in passive mode.

Mid-combat gear swaps won't be returning in XIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                            As for gear, I didn't even know you could actually swap stuff mid combat at all, every time I tried it yelled at me saying I needed to be in passive mode.
                            I'm pretty sure you can't swap during a fight. The game tells you you have to disengage which means passive mode and waiting 20 seconds. So no, there is no instant-switching like in XI and I really don't want to see that retarded crap come back. It was a bogus mechanic and the XI QQ'ers can just stfu. Inventory is already a big enough pain in the ass in XIV without having to optimize for gear swaps for individual skills.
                            sigpic

Comment

No, you'll have to carry extra sets of gear depending on the type of mob you are fighting. So then you'll have to equip that certain ability and then equip the armor that enhances it. So if a mob is susceptible to XY ability and XY ability needs Dex to be effective, then when you are out exping or whatever, you'll have to have a Dex set in case you go after those type of mobs. And maybe a mage will have to have a Mnd set for extra curing power for when they are going to be main healing and then another set with Int for when they are going to be main nuker and have to change accordingly. Yes the actual swapping out in FFXI fashion won't be an issue but carrying extra gear and swapping accordingly will.
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X