Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest First Impressions? (For those of us still on the fence)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honest First Impressions? (For those of us still on the fence)

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    This is SE, what do you think?
    Hmmm, I'm thinking the bonus will not be explicitly stated (most likely random), will last for 5-10 minutes with a 24-hour cooldown, and will expire early if you switch weapons before the timer runs out. That sound about right?
    Character: Bricklayer
    Server: Ramuh
    31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Originally posted by Bricklayer View Post
      Hmmm, I'm thinking the bonus will not be explicitly stated (most likely random), will last for 5-10 minutes with a 24-hour cooldown, and will expire early if you switch weapons before the timer runs out. That sound about right?
      Hermes boots can be taken off and then back on and the effect will resume. Basically, equipping these items will activate (as long as it's off cooldown) and imbue an effect on the items itself. There is a separate timer attached to these effects so even when you take off the item, the time is kept.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        Yeah what the fuck, I just got booted off of Figaro and there's no notice about it on lodestone.

3 servers are back up atm. Also, I am really getting annoyed with gathering fire crystals wtf. Blacksmithing is starting to piss me off (mainly because lately my leves keep resetting late at night which is a bitch) gotta go farm more sheepies too as I'm almost out of wind shards.
        Mining and doing Leves around Thanalan gets me plenty so try looking around there. You also only need one Fire Crystal per 12 Metal Nuggets so it's not as if you need many. I always keep at least 3-4 around.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
          Hermes boots can be taken off and then back on and the effect will resume. Basically, equipping these items will activate (as long as it's off cooldown) and imbue an effect on the items itself. There is a separate timer attached to these effects so even when you take off the item, the time is kept.
          That's pretty cool, actually.

I'm hoping the goggles last a little longer than 10 minutes. Still, you could probably do 2-3 of the entry level leves in that time, which would mean a significant skill point rack-up, unless they make it so that the skill boost doesn't stack with the leve boost....
          Character: Bricklayer
          Server: Ramuh
          31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Dear everything in this game: stop staring at me and don't stand so close.

Also, is it me or do Spriggan only attack when you're already attacking something else?

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/new...tml#post900010

Some changes being made and that were made.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post

Also, is it me or do Spriggan only attack when you're already attacking something else?
                Yeah...I love not being able to use AoE attacks because I have a nosy Dodo with its beak up my ass. They actually follow you until you get far enough away. It's so annoying.
                Windows 7 Ultimate x64
                Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.3Ghz
                MSI P55-CD53
                8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1333 RAM
                Visiontek Radeon HD 5850, Core @ 775Mhz, Mem @ 1150Mhz

Comment

I don't know if people realize this or not but the game has a hard limit in how many characters it will process to display at any given moment. I've twice now gone into a party that found itself in the midst of a large crowd and I am unable to see anyone from that party (even though their blue dot appears on the mini map right besides me) I'm not sure what the priority is on the displaying of characters but if this continues as the population soars (believe me, it'll only go downhill from here unless SE plans on either doubling or tripling their server base after tomorrow) this will make it very difficult to browse retainers and bazaars.

Comment

Not to mention targeting for healing. I was in a pt with my friends and we went out to do a guildleve. Unfortunately there was a massive party doing a guildleve in the same spot. It was a narrow corridor with a stream running through and all our mobs were on the bank or in the water so we were all standing on top of one another trying to fight. I could not target my party members. I tried, believe me, I tried but I couldn't. I targeted myself, ran in the midst of things and cast an aoe cure hoping to save lives. Well I did but I died. This happened again in another instance but I was only unable to target one pt member that time so it was less of an issue. If you can't see them, you can't target them....so I can just imagine a party of 15...
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                      I could not target my party members
                      Does this include the use of F12? I know it's not the most optimal solution but it's the best we've got at the moment. >.>
                      Windows 7 Ultimate x64
                      Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.3Ghz
                      MSI P55-CD53
                      8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1333 RAM
                      Visiontek Radeon HD 5850, Core @ 775Mhz, Mem @ 1150Mhz

Comment

I don't know if people realize this or not but the game has a hard limit in how many characters it will process to display at any given moment. I've twice now gone into a party that found itself in the midst of a large crowd and I am unable to see anyone from that party (even though their blue dot appears on the mini map right besides me) I'm not sure what the priority is on the displaying of characters but if this continues as the population soars (believe me, it'll only go downhill from here unless SE plans on either doubling or tripling their server base after tomorrow) this will make it very difficult to browse retainers and bazaars.
                        Actually, Paradigm picked up on what I was talking about. Enemies will walk right up to you and stare, often cock blocking your AE abilities and spells.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm777 View Post
                          Does this include the use of F12? I know it's not the most optimal solution but it's the best we've got at the moment. >.>
                          I use a controller and was in a panic so I didn't think to try it. I'll try to remember next time but I hope there never is one.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Actually, Paradigm picked up on what I was talking about. Enemies will walk right up to you and stare, often cock blocking your AE abilities and spells.
                          I think some of them are programmed like the orange goldfish in Sea in FFXI. I swear by this because I saw, on more than one occasion, a mob following my son on a very convoluted path for a good distance.

Comment

Wow. Just wow. Even FFXI doesn't do that. In the midst of Besieged, when you can't even target a freaking general, you can still always target members of your alliance when they are in range.
                            Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                            99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                            F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                            >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Wasn't the server supposed to prioritize you, your party members and the monsters with aggro towards you above everything else?

Probably someone accidentally the settings in XIV and caused all that. It should be somewhat easy to fix, but I'd probably have to ask Mhurron if that's true or not.

Look at the bright side though, at least it isn't EVE's lag. Nothing more fun in this world than remaining frozen for more than 10 mins only to finally wake up in a new clone without having even been able to load the stupid grid.
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                                Wasn't the server supposed to prioritize you, your party members and the monsters with aggro towards you above everything else?
                                You would think. It's almost as if they prioritize by rank or something. Now, this has only happened to me near a large crowd, but I've also seen this time and time again outside of a party and where a friend is next to me in the starting area of the Black Shroud (near Gridania) and he would just pop in and out of thin air while other players would be there. Monsters sometime would not be displayed while I'm being mauled by something. This on top of a 30 fps with max setting, CPU and GPU less than 62°C and R/S in low double digits and very green connection. In other words, it's not that my system cannot handle the load, but the software/client is preventing me from even loading it in the first place. This wasn't the case in beta so I'm betting that this was a way to allow players with a bare minimum PC to run the game smoothly at the cost of other players not being able to see what they should be seeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X