Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest First Impressions? (For those of us still on the fence)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honest First Impressions? (For those of us still on the fence)

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    Wasn't there something said that the crafting jobs would need to do some foot work to learn about the different recipes? Travel to different towns, talk to NPCs and all that? Seem to remember reading about that a bit.
    You always learn a new recipe when completing a Hand leve.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Yeah but there's no recipe list so you tend to have to write things down or hope that the guy who wrote the guide you're reading didn't get it wrong
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

A lot of the recpies on Lodestone can be extrapolated, of sorts. The kinds of ingredients in the same amounts are used in both copper and bronze sheets, etc.

Comment

The only way to combat RMT (other than banning gilbuyers on sight) is doing things like CCP does on EVE.

That is taking over the most of the business from gilsellers. It's like drugs, as long as there's people interested in buying there will always be someone trying to profit from that demand, so might as well be the company making the game and the legit players instead of RMT.

Although knowing SE there's no chance in hell they would be able to adapt like that. So better just re-implement the AH system with a much longer buy/sell history. And maybe making market statistics from the past year available to players in-game.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

In this game, where crafting is such a huge feature and focus, there's no reason to not have a centralized, in-game crafting list. I mean, I can understand not knowing what you can make initially, but once you craft it the game should remember the recipe. Ideally, you should also be able to start crafting directly from said list.

Open list > pick item > start crafting process. Would streamline the entire crafting system and make it far more user friendly for players who really get into it.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Equipping gear is reliant on physical level, but stats are conveyed accordingly to optimal level of the currently equipped class. I had a friend equip a "optimal rank 9" gear on a level 8 class, level 13 physical character and he could equip the item but received no stats from it.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
              You can only do 8 crafting leves per 48 hours and that is assuming you succeed at them.
              I didn't see this being logged in my Journal as counted towards any restriction. You are restricted to 8 general leves, but the other NPC has leves which are issued that do not count against your running total.

Comment

I think regional and local are both limited to their own eight.

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                  Yeah but there's no recipe list so you tend to have to write things down or hope that the guy who wrote the guide you're reading didn't get it wrong
                  http://ffxiv.yg.com/

Comment

I was on the fence, now I'm sure I'll be playing the game, seems they fixed some things that were buggin me, plus now my friends are all on Palamecia so we have a LS going and are doing stuff together to keep us from getting bored and lonely :D Anyone on Palamecia is welcome to the LS if you need one btw ^^
                    Originally posted by Van Wilder
                    Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                    Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                    I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that the level cap was 50, but apparently it's 30?

Does anyone know for sure? If it really is 30 (probably is, with the 1st increase going to 50 I think that's what I read) then holy shit, I'm already physical level 20 (crafting gives a shit tonne of EXP) and have got several crafts at or close to 10. I hope the XIV updates are less sporadic than XI's, or content is going to run out fast. I'm sure the grind on classes will really begin to suck around the 20's, but so far it hasn't been too bad.

Getting my Botany and Mining up to 15 on the other hand, is really trying my patience. Especially with the massive back log of ores I can't process due to a horrible lack of fire crystals. Damn I can't wait for that 15 botany skill...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        I thought I read somewhere that the level cap was 50, but apparently it's 30?
                        30 until non-CE release ... then it goes to 50. At least that's how I interpreted the plan.

Comment

well kotaku is a slow learner.

Final Fantasy XIV MMO Log One: What's My Motivation?

Comment

Oh no, an MMO that makes you think! While XIV most certainly isn't perfect, a lot of his frustrations come from basic assumptions and not really paying attention to what the NPCs tell you to do. But then again, the target claimed bug seems like it's a major issue with the game right now and that needs to be fixed asap.
                            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Gah I can't find the update thingy anymore the link is gone off Lodestone, but they are working on an in-game recipe book.

Honestly though I don't understand why the hell they don't just have an NPC or two who suggests recipes to you like they did in XI. Also CTRL + R is still buggy as you need the chatlog open (can't just hit it to cycle between people who've sent you a tell) and you have to actually send a manual reply first to that person before CTRL + R will work.
                              sigpic

Comment

Honestly though I don't understand why the hell they don't just have an NPC or two who suggests recipes to you like they did in XI. Also CTRL + R is still buggy as you need the chatlog open (can't just hit it to cycle between people who've sent you a tell) and you have to actually send a manual reply first to that person before CTRL + R will work.
                                Yeah it's annoying but it's better than nothing I guess.
                                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                                Reiko Takahashi
                                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                                X