Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Beta Download Now Avaialble

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
    It was the "Suspension" notification? It's pretty late everywhere here except for the West Coast, and I'm not having any trouble getting past the "entry" page, but after I log in, I see that.

So, I guess it's not congestion, but they really have suspended it. Q_Q
    Same here. I was getting congestion messages earlier this morning, but now I can just get through easily, albeit to the suspension notification page. *frustration*
    Character: Bricklayer
    Server: Ramuh
    31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Just tried it, just got it.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Just my luck, I guess they Ninja-added a new file to update. God damnit, SE.
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I got my key and registered...now i need the client and can't find it on any of the links provided. can anyone help me with a step by step on how to obtain the client DL?

Comment

Just got the code myself, unfortunately my com won't even open up the patch downloader so I can't even install the game. Anyone else have an issue where the program stops running and instantly closes as soon as you click on the icon?
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Got the client from http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...ffxivsetup.exe but only getting DL speeds if 4kbs-300kbs.....ugh DL times are between 8hrs and 26hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by israel165 View Post
              Got the client from http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...ffxivsetup.exe but only getting DL speeds if 4kbs-300kbs.....ugh DL times are between 8hrs and 26hrs.
              You can use Bittorrent to download the files, yourself. The torrent files should be located somewhere in your My Documents folder, and are named based on the date the patch was released and end in either 2000 or 2001. Once you've downloaded the resulting patch files throw them into the patch folders. For me, the updates were split into two groups, so patch files had to be thrown into two seperate patch folders.

Comment

so when I DL the torrent files just put them in the folders that i coppied to files to DL off the torrent?

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Awe well crap any torrent i go to says i have to pay for it....I'm so confused...

Comment

Originally posted by israel165 View Post
                  so when I DL the torrent files just put them in the folders that i coppied to files to DL off the torrent?

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Awe well crap any torrent i go to says i have to pay for it....I'm so confused...
                  whaaat?

Google Bit Torrent, it's free. If you have to pay for it, it's not Bit Torrent.

If I remember correctly there's two folders. One has the torrent files, and the other is called patch, which will contained the finished patch files. Open all the torrent files with Bit Torrent and let it download to wherever. Grab the finished patch files and throw them into the patch folder. After that, delete the torrent files, run the updater, and let it check over the files for completion. It'll install after that.

Comment

Got it, but when i try to DL bit torrent, this is what i end up at: http://download.bittorrent.com/dl/BitTorrent-7.0.exe

Comment

Click this: Got BitTorrent | BitTorrent

Comment

mew mew mew mew! I got one, I waited patiently like I was asked and got one just like everyone else mew mew mew mew mew!

sig courtesy tgm
                        retired -08

Comment

You bear the mark of shame, Mageo.

Comment

Ok got it, now how do i use it? lol I opened and clicked the Add Torrent button and scrolled through my files to the files you described being 9 files total. One is complete, it says, one is DL and the rest are not. Am I doing it right??

Comment

If the patch files are downloading then you're doing it right. Make sure you know where they're downloading to, and that you put them in their correct patch folders.

Comment

one is done, one is DLing and the other 7 aren't doing anything. Better than nothing I guess. ^^

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Once they're DLed, where can I find the DLed files? I tried looking through my downloads and documents and can't seem to find the one that has DLed. It only took 4 minutes, so maybe it didn't DL correctly??

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

NVM, I think I understand how to do it. Only question...will this take as long as as DLing the files through the client DLer thing? I'd like to play some beta on my three days off work.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

lol the one file that is DLing atm says it'll be done in 1 day and 5 hours... OUCH!

Comment

Working...
                                X