Open Beta Download Now Avaialble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Beta Download Now Avaialble

I managed to get on for the first time this morning, only got to play for about 20 minutes before I needed to leave for work though. Loving the game so far, looks gorgeous, can't wait to get back to play more tonight.

Comment

Game totally rocks ... Gridania is just exquisitely beautiful.
      Attached Files

Comment

need.. new... gpu..

want
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

took me 2hrs of fighting SE's server for a key but its totally worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dux View Post
            I wonder why everybody who participated in closed alpha and closed beta didn't automatically get keys for the open beta, it isn't like they don't know who we are and our account details.
            Apparently we were supposed to. This message is on the application site this morning:
            We have an important announcement to the testers who have participated in FINAL FANTASY XIV Closed Beta Test.

Between 19:00 and 19:50 (PDT) on Sep. 1, 2010, an incorrect notice saying "Participants of closed beta test do not need to obtain new registration code for the open beta test." was being made on FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Application Site.

Participants of closed beta test also need to obtain and register dedicated registration code for the open beta test. Please follow the directions listed in the mail "Guide to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test," which was sent to the participants of closed beta test on Aug. 31, 2010, and obtain the registration code from FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Application Site.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
            Did anyone receive this alleged mail? I've got nothing in my pol account or the email associated with my SE account. The two friends I played with in closed beta were still wondering how to get into the open beta yesterday so I assume they didn't get the memo, either. Wtf, SE?

As for the normal means of getting into open beta: "Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again."

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

nvm just found Takelli's thread: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...epartment.html

Still, wtf I didn't get this.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Found an OB video that I enjoyed a lot:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JUsCXO7glc]YouTube - FFXIV Open Beta - EDEN Linkshell(FIRST Night Party!)with Commentary by Rocs Lock and Co. HD[/ame]

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

oh nvm.. you guys are all busy playing the OB .. while im stuck with a legacy GPU lol..

WANT MOAR VIDS
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                Loved the scenery of the video.

I'm with you balfree... I can't even open up my client lol.

Comment

well... getting to the terms of agreement site multiple times, each of which the javascript was broken, was frustrating. on the other hand, my client is STILL downloading (~35%), so i guess it wouldn't have mattered if i'd gotten in anyway. i'm actually heading out of taipei for the weekend anyway. hopefully they'll have more keys available over the weekend or when i get back. congrats to everyone who already got in! keep the updates comin', ok?

P.S. Don't get spanked by the monkey!!

Just saw this (didn't see anyone post it yet):

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding the congestion of the Square Enix Account Management System.

Due to heavy server traffic, we are continuing to experience Square Enix Account Management System congestion. Currently, players may not be able to log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, or acquire registration codes for the game.

Our technical staff is monitoring the situation closely and working to resolve this issue. As a countermeasure to the congestion, we are currently limiting the acquisition of registration codes for the Open Beta Test. If you cannot acquire a registration code, or if you are unable to access the Square Enix Account Management System, we ask that you please wait and try again later.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
                  Last edited by Bricklayer; 09-02-2010, 06:56 AM.
                  Character: Bricklayer
                  Server: Ramuh
                  31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

In the end I applied for a key from entry.ffxiv.com like everybody else no point hanging around for an e-mail that probably won't actually come. Square enix management account seemed to accept the key as valid and it's now an active service for me. Guess I will find out when I get home from work in a few hours if it has really worked or not.
                    - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                    Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                    My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Dux View Post
                      In the end I applied for a key from entry.ffxiv.com like everybody else no point hanging around for an e-mail that probably won't actually come. Square enix management account seemed to accept the key as valid and it's now an active service for me. Guess I will find out when I get home from work in a few hours if it has really worked or not.
                      Servers went splat about an hour ago (game servers.) Been no word on why... Should be up when you get home. :0
                      sigpic

Comment

Saw the same when the code went from closed alpha to closed beta, the additional stress on the servers always shows up new problems. Took them just over 24 hours to fix the issues that time around, lets see how it goes this time.
                        - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                        Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                        My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties where users are unable to log into the game due to server issue.

To conduct an investigation and address this matter, we will be performing emergency maintenance starting at the following time. However the maintenance completion time is undetermined at the moment. New updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

[Date & Time]
                          From Sep. 2, 2010 at 7:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
                          FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test

Kinda funny how they don't put an expected ending time.
                          sigpic

Comment

YouTube - FFXIV Open Beta - EDEN Linkshell(FIRST Night Party!)with Commentary by Rocs Lock and Co. HD

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

oh nvm.. you guys are all busy playing the OB .. while im stuck with a legacy GPU lol..

WANT MOAR VIDS

Squeee! mew mew mew!!! That's the biggest party video I've seen of FFXIV so far! =^^=

Comment

need.. new... gpu..

want
                              I'm running on my HD4670 since my GTX460 has been delayed (they resolved it and it's on the way) and while I can play ... the bit of lag, hiccups and occassional slooooooooooooooow downs reaffirmed my belief that you really do need more than minimums to run this at release. So many people are claiming if you score a 500 in benchmarks that you can run this no problem. I scored a 1800 (low rez - I'm assuming all of these other score claims are low rez as well) and I still don't think that's enough.

Also using my PS2 controller and noticed no input slowdowns or other things that people primarily using KB + mouse are experiencing. So, word to the wise, invest in a gamepad/controller for this.

Edit: HD4670 quality, I had to pre-emptively reduce a graphical option/setting in the config application, but within the game, all effects are left on. I'm sure I'd get better performance turning the effects off ... but man, I like the graphics the way it is
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Aeni; 09-02-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

bah i am still downloading via torent and just have 8 seeds and about 10kb/sec
                                have my key but account site iss still busy

groarrrr

Comment

Working...
                                X