Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Beta Download Now Avaialble

Oh well....

Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again.
    Character: Bricklayer
    Server: Ramuh
    31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Oh that's real fucking fair, when most of us can't even access the site to apply.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

You do realize that there are probably 4-5 million people worldwide spamming that server...this is a new MMO there hasn't been a new nonWOW clone for years now. Its more than just past FF fans spamming go, thi shit is probably plastered with links from any MMO site.

People need to settle down a bit, what did you think was going to happen, it is no different than anything else the public gets to get their hands on for free. If anyone is to blame its the vultures (aka the lot of you spaming F5).

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
          Oh I resigned already. I'm watching all of this anime that just came out of the pipe today. I'm just irritated especially since they knew. When SC2 came out, Blizzard's servers were not at all slow or unresponsive. And they probably had 100x the number of people connecting and around the world as well. World of Warcraft was similar with 10x that many more people than SC2.
          Yep I agree. It's beyond irritating that they haven't learned a gd thing about issues like these. It's not like they've never had it happen before. But I'm resigned to the fact that they haven't changed and NEVER will. It just doesn't sit well with me when considering to play another of their MMO's. I had that little glimmer of hope that maybe they've learned from their past mistakes and were on the road to recovery when they announced FFXIV. This past week has been like someone taking a hammer and smashing that glimmer to bits.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Oh I resigned already. I'm watching all of this anime that just came out of the pipe today. I'm just irritated especially since they knew. When SC2 came out, Blizzard's servers were not at all slow or unresponsive. And they probably had 100x the number of people connecting and around the world as well. World of Warcraft was similar with 10x that many more people than SC2.
            [ame=http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=15059]WoW open beta - Beyond3D Forum[/ame]
            WoW Open Beta - Quarter To Three Forums

there is a couple links of your flawless WoW open beta looks like a lot of the same bitching going here, boy 2004 was a long tme ago I don't blame you for forgetting.

Also SC2 didnt hav an open beta, it was a cloed beta, however keys weredistribued to blizzard suplliers in a limited quantity, so no SC2 dint have 100x more people trying to DL it.

Actually I lied SC2 was open in S.Korea (home of Esports pro gaming shit) So a population less than canada and a demographic of maybe 15% of that signed up.

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

Well I was using a laptop with pretty shoddy wifi, and I was able to get a key by about 11:30PM EST. I'm surprised people were having even worse trouble.

Booya anyway. Didn't get in to the closed beta; this is my time to shine!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                there is a couple links of your flawless WoW open beta looks like a lot of the same bitching going here, boy 2004 was a long tme ago I don't blame you for forgetting.

Also SC2 didnt hav an open beta, it was a cloed beta, however keys weredistribued to blizzard suplliers in a limited quantity, so no SC2 dint have 100x more people trying to DL it.

Actually I lied SC2 was open in S.Korea (home of Esports pro gaming shit) So a population less than canada and a demographic of maybe 15% of that signed up.
                First of all you're just full of misinformation, aren't you? Also way to pick your "data" to back up your ... I have no idea what you're talking about.

1. Not talking about beta for SC2 or WoW ... this is not a closed condition anymore, wouldn't you agree?

SC2 - 1.5 million (US alone) Signed on and registered no problems.
                WoW - 10 million, WotLK I signed on no problems and registered my copy.

This is just the registration servers ... we're not even talking about the game servers.

2. This isn't SE's first MMORPG title. They had major problems when they released FFXI in Japan. Registration servers down for weeks. on end. Finally cleared the shit up and they PROMISED it won't happen again. Instead, same problem during NA release. Fast forward to an age where server racks are cheaper than a night at a hotel in Hawaii and they still have this problem?

3. 5 million people around the world? ROOFLES Dream on SE fanboi ... they can only dream to even have 10% of that number. More than likely, it's one PII server trying to take in just 5,000 connections. If they had an actual legit network, they could easily handle 100,000 connections simultaneously.

Comment

people playing open beta already.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7...ivbetavers.jpg

Comment

Why are you comparing apples to Oranges. You are comparing an established gaming community site (Battle.net) that has been built entirely around functionality and support for starcraft (other games to be added on). You are also comparing your experience with WoTLK the 2nd expansion of a game that already had nearly 10 million users. In which you logged into an ESTABLISHED account, and registered a CDKEY, on a site that had be running since the release of WoW vanilla.

If you want to compare Apples to Apples, I will tell you right now, I seriously doubt you will have a problem signing up and registering the game you can buy at the end of the month. Until then stop crying about something you have the chance to use for free.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

3. 5 million people around the world? ROOFLES Dream on SE fanboi ... they can only dream to even have 10% of that number. More than likely, it's one PII server trying to take in just 5,000 connections. If they had an actual legit network, they could easily handle 100,000 connections simultaneously.
                    What makes you say that SE back in the day had a little over 500K registered accounts, and a little over 1 million characters. This is a FREE BETA, FOR A NEW GAME. There are 10 million people on WoW you think all of them are happy there, none of them want to tr something NEW, there are another 100K on EVE ONLINE another 100K or so on AION. You are telling me that all these people that have been playing old MMO' (see wrahammer, LOTR, Everquest, Lineage, etc etc etc.) Could possibly have no interest at all in a NEW GAME, with a FREE OPEN BETA. Give your angry nerd raging head a shake.

5 Million world wide is probably a conservative estimate. Hell I imagine there is 2 million in NA alone Spamming that little button. Let Alone Europe/Asia/Oceania

Just because FFXI has less than 200K registered users does not mean that they are the only once interested. Stop being Naive and wake up. The newest MMO thts been worth anything is Aion, and it still plays and looks like WoW. It has been 6 years of the same shit. People want to see something NEW FOR FREE, and if they like it they might buy it.

sig courtesy tgm
                    retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                      Why are you comparing apples to Oranges. You are comparing an established gaming community site (Battle.net) that has been built entirely around functionality and support for starcraft (other games to be added on). You are also comparing your experience with WoTLK the 2nd expansion of a game that already had nearly 10 million users. In which you logged into an ESTABLISHED account, and registered a CDKEY, on a site that had be running since the release of WoW vanilla.

If you want to compare Apples to Apples, I will tell you right now, I seriously doubt you will have a problem signing up and registering the game you can buy at the end of the month. Until then stop crying about something you have the chance to use for free.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

What makes you say that SE back in the day had a little over 500K registered accounts, and a little over 1 million characters. This is a FREE BETA, FOR A NEW GAME. There are 10 million people on WoW you think all of them are happy there, none of them want to tr something NEW, there are another 100K on EVE ONLINE another 100K or so on AION. You are telling me that all these people that have been playing old MMO' (see wrahammer, LOTR, Everquest, Lineage, etc etc etc.) Could possibly have no interest at all in a NEW GAME, with a FREE OPEN BETA. Give your angry nerd raging head a shake.

5 Million world wide is probably a conservative estimate. Hell I imagine there is 2 million in NA alone Spamming that little button. Let Alone Europe/Asia/Oceania

Just because FFXI has less than 200K registered users does not mean that they are the only once interested. Stop being Naive and wake up. The newest MMO thts been worth anything is Aion, and it still plays and looks like WoW. It has been 6 years of the same shit. People want to see something NEW FOR FREE, and if they like it they might buy it.
                      The faster the keys get sent out, the sooner people can quit on this god awful game and wait for the next "big" game. Also he has 3 years on you, so your point is invalid... seniority triumphs once again!
                      TaruTaru Paladin for life!

If anyone knows Savanna/Berrykins please get her know I'm really sorry for having to quit without giving back her stuff! Willing to repay somehow in FF14 if she plans to play. =/

Comment

3 years on me being registered for this site? big whoop. Means very little when you are comparing an unreleased game, with an unfinished registration system, to that of released games with finished registration systems. Guess what, Ive never had an issue with SE's POL registration, ever expansion or payment change I made has gone through, guess that means its only the FF14 side thats shit.

Fact is, all open betas have this issue, companies can only plan on so much incoming requests. I imagine tomorrow everything will be straightened out and there will be no more keys, sucks but thats the way it goes. If its such a big deal to play 14 wait till the end of the month, I am sure you will not have a problem registering then.

sig courtesy tgm
                        retired -08

Comment

How about we not compare different games from different companies? SE can't even get TORRENTING right, ffs. I'll be shocked if this game actually comes out on the 22nd, but since I'll be out of town anyway, hopefully I can get to it by the 26th, and downloaded all my shit by the 30th when everyone else gets it.

I'll most likely play cause it's "New and shiny", but a lot of ppl were bitching about the Beta, so it remains to be seen.

This with FFXI is less than $20 a month for me anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Also:

Last edited by WishMaster3K; 09-02-2010, 02:05 AM. Reason: nevar post after bedtime, and nevar forget.
                          The Tao of Ren
                          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                          Originally posted by Kaeko
                          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

It's 4 AM and the fucking NA site is still congested, wtf.
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Not to worry!

Also, the interaction "sit" has been added, which allows players to sit on nearby chairs, benches, etc.
                              This makes it ALL ALRIGHT!

You guys finally get all you wanted! :D:D
                              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I wonder why everybody who participated in closed alpha and closed beta didn't automatically get keys for the open beta, it isn't like they don't know who we are and our account details.

So it looks like everybody in the whole world is trying to get a key from a single web-page at exactly the same time, not surprising that the server is permenantly congested.

I am interested at the speed at which the EU server is replying with the Server Congestion page too, if I was of a suspicious nature I might believe that the near instant display (in www terms) of the server congestion page was an indicator that actually it wasn't even trying to give me a key. If I was suspicious of course.
                                - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                                Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                                My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                                X