Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hints and clues to possible legit class information! Flayer, Assassin and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All classes confirmed. Flayer, Assassin and more!

When you sit there and actually think about the differences with how these classes are split up, you can easily see it's not all too dissimilar to what we have in XI now. There's the exact same amount of crafts in XIV as there were in XI, the exact same amount of 'gathering jobs' and almost the exact same number of combat jobs.

We have eight different crafts (Disciplines of the Hand) and four different gatherers (Disciplines of the Land). Melee wise (Disciplines of War) there's twelve classes and magic wise (Disciplines of Magic) we get six. Adventurer isn't an actual class, it's just what your title is when you take off your weapon. Hell, the french title for this 'class' is literally "Bare Hands".

With how drastically different Crafting and Gathering classes will work from the 18 combat classes in the list, they're not subjected to the same types of balancing requirements. However, being full classes, they do add a lot more depth to the crafting and gathering system of the game as SE can add unique and specialized content for people who play those roles. And do so with far more depth then simply adding new recipes and items.

I don't recall SE ever saying they wanted to streamline crafting as a whole, but rather enhance and build it into a full blown gameplay feature instead of a simple side-system that most people will actively ignore. They wanted to add depth and playability to the tasks of crafting and gathering, which is why they're full blown classes. If all they cared about was streamlining crafting, they wouldn't have gone so far as to add specialized gear and skills that determine your crafting abilities and success. And again, that list only brings about six new class names to our attention with not one of them being a crafting class.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    I wasn't debating Musketeer, as it was said long ago Blacksmiths could forge guns, meaning there would be a class that used them. I'm questioning the relibility of the other information, which is VERY spotty just based on the lack of basic knowledge regarding language.
    You don't need to know english to be able to read dats. For all we know, it's SE themselves who messed up the translations in the dats. It certainly wouldn't have been the first time they've done it.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Re: Hints and clues to possible legit class information! Flayer, Assassin and more!

Best Topic edit of all time!
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Re: Hints and clues to possible legit class information! Flayer, Assassin and more!

Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Someone mentioned that Tanaka had some sort of plans for a pet class but that it'd be different than usual (hinting towards a Discipline of the Land job). Looking at that list, maybe Shepherd will be some sort of herding job that will have a pet to help you.

I'm guessing you herd animals and extract materials from them (like their fur/wool/hair/etc.).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

but what does this MEAN for great swords? How can there be a FF mmorpg without those big 2H Swords and Scythes? Maybe
            Assassin = Dark Knight?

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
              but what does this MEAN for great swords? How can there be a FF mmorpg without those big 2H Swords and Scythes? Maybe
              Assassin = Dark Knight?
              Two-handed sword user =.... CLOUD! AWMAHGAWD!

I think two handed swords might fall under Marauder if anything, though it seems the differentiate between regular swords and rapiers and such, so I'm probably wrong. Maybe they'll just skip the claymore class weapons and just leave it at Great katana for the samurai. ;D

Comment

well ya, Samurai fans are rejoicing right now. I'm glad it's in at least.

each class only uses one category of weapon, they won't make exceptions. Just like Pugilists won't suddenly wield dagger like
                Thiefs. :p

Comment

well ya, Samurai fans are rejoicing right now. I'm glad it's in at least.
                  As if a japanese company would exclude their own most iconic warrior figure.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

you really think it's because of Sephiroth?

Comment

you really think it's because of Sephiroth?

You do realise Samurai's come from Japan, right?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

OH THAT! LOL! Oh ya true. Ya samurai = Japan, so ya. But you know, it was the ninjas who won the Edo war, I think. But since they are so secret, their doings aren't recorded by history. But ya samurai is really cool. Wonder if their weaponskills will be as cool as before. Their JSE gear better look cool. Armored samurai is natural, but I would like to see more cloth type stuff for them too.

Comment

Wonder if their weaponskills will be as cool as before. Their JSE gear better look cool.
                          What is there isn't JSE as armor this time around? What if its just the weapons, and not the armor as well? The armor might turn out to be kinda like WoW's armor system which add crazy stats.

Comment

oh well maybe. It's so kewl we can choose colors for most clothes this time it seems. Will really be useful.

Comment

OH THAT! LOL! Oh ya true. Ya samurai = Japan, so ya.
                              I guess Jenova stopped her obsession with Ninjas since they were banned from FFXIV and picked up Samurai instead.
                              {New Sig in the works}
                              -----------------------
                              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                              Originally posted by Solymir
                              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                                What is there isn't JSE as armor this time around? What if its just the weapons, and not the armor as well? The armor might turn out to be kinda like WoW's armor system which add crazy stats.
                                They said there would be some JSE in this game, though I don't think it will be as extensive as XI's JSE gear. Though personally, I'm hoping there's another sort of stat boosting system other then simple stats on armor. I hate it when games load stats onto visual armor pieces because then everyone starts wearing the same stuff. IMO, PSU is the best example of how armor and clothing should be handled, clothing itself is purely aesthetic while your stat boosting armor/equipment was non-visible gear. It allowed for that small extra bit of personalization to a character. It seems that the masks/facewear at least will be purely for show, which is a good thing imo.
                                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                                X