Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hints and clues to possible legit class information! Flayer, Assassin and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints and clues to possible legit class information! Flayer, Assassin and more!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...g?t=1276738842

People were data mining, and found all this information! =0.0= Also didnt SE say they will be updating FFXIV every 3 months? Looks like we might get all of the classes listed here soon after release!
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 06-18-2010, 08:41 AM.

Re: All classes confirmed. Flayer, Assassin and more!

>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...g?t=1276738842
    >> .../albums/v315/RahXephonII/classesmaybe.png?t=127...
    >> ...hXephonII/classesmaybe.png?7...
    >> ...classesmaybe.png...
    >> ...classesmaybe...
    >> ...maybe...

>> All classes confirmed. Flayer, Assassin and more!
    >> ...classes confirmed. Flayer, Assassin and...
    >> ...ses confirmed. Flayer...
    >> ...confirmed...

i am so confused.

jenova i'll find a way to turn "confirmed" into something else when you type that word, and then it'l be good.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Well I'm psyched! I always wanted to herd animals in an MMO... <.<

Sheperd? Really? lol

Interesting... What will you do exactly? Raise and sheer sheep for fibers to use in weaving?

Im glad to see bard though! ^_^ I'm just kind of concerned though how useful a group buff/support class will be in this game if they are designing it with solo gameplay in mind... Will I end up leveling my group buff class solo most of the time because everyone will want to solo? ><;; /concerned

What do you guys think?

-Aedan

Comment

okay sorry I should of said something like hints and clues to possible legit class information!

Comment

Fencer eh? Does it come with an awesome hat?
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Most of these jobs were actually confirmed a long while back. The only 'new' names on that list are Samurai/Great Katana(dat mined two handed swords?), Sentinel/Shield(dat mined two handed shields?), Stavesman/Staffs, Assassin/Dark Arts(mage class? no weapon listing indicates a magic user), Flayer/Whip and Bard/Music. Everything else we knew about for a long time. Still it's nice to see some of the things SE has planned, but that doesn't exactly mean these classes will ever actually be in game.

Originally posted by Aedan View Post
            Interesting... What will you do exactly? Raise and sheer sheep for fibers to use in weaving?
            ...yes? It's a gathering class, and in this case they gather animals and use them to create supplies for crafters.

Im glad to see bard though! ^_^ I'm just kind of concerned though how useful a group buff/support class will be in this game if they are designing it with solo gameplay in mind... Will I end up leveling my group buff class solo most of the time because everyone will want to solo? ><;; /concerned
            While the game is going to let people have a lot more freedom to solo, it's clear SE is also planning a lot of group content. Guildleves can be scaled to require more players in a party which lead to better rewards, in addition to social groupings via a Linkshell system SE is also adding a new guild system called Companies that will let players focus more on doing events as a group. Hell, they even got rid of the whole alliance system and instead simply made it where you can have up to 15 people in a single party. I honestly don't see any reason to worry about a lack of group play.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

maybe Flayer is the new Dancer?

to me, Dark Art = Ninjutsu. Definitely ninja related, not mage related.

I am very impressed they are opening possibility for a whip class. Whips haven't been so common since Final Fantasy 5.

Comment

Ninjutsu is Magic.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                  While the game is going to let people have a lot more freedom to solo, it's clear SE is also planning a lot of group content. Guildleves can be scaled to require more players in a party which lead to better rewards, in addition to social groupings via a Linkshell system SE is also adding a new guild system called Companies that will let players focus more on doing events as a group. Hell, they even got rid of the whole alliance system and instead simply made it where you can have up to 15 people in a single party. I honestly don't see any reason to worry about a lack of group play.

This is great news! I really love playing support classes so I was worried the ability to solo play would end up turning the best part of what I enjoy about FF XI (party play) upside down.

So... Guildleves is just a backwards fancy name for FF XIV's quests? I think its sad I've spent a few hours in alpha and don't know this... ><;;

Honestly though... just to get out of Limsa Lominsa it took 15 minutes (winding paths FTL... ><;; ...) LOL

I'm really looking forward to the full release! ^_^ This playing 4 hours at a time thing is killing me. LOL

Thanks for the info tho Ziero!

-Aedan

Comment

Pretty sure SE said a long time ago that 20 jobs were confirmed to be in the game at launch.

This reeks of fake.

For one, job descriptions in abbreviation would be universal, unless SE fell on their head and servers are suddenly regional there is no reason to change class abbreviations between regions.

And really, "Armorer?" "Stavesman?" Wouldn't Blacksmith make heavy armor, Tanner make leather armor and Weaver make cloth armor? We we need a melee that specializes in staves when a mage would just as well use one.

The "weapon" for Fencer is classified as "Fencing" and not "rapier?"

"Musical" for Bard? Wouldn't that be "instruments" at least?

All Archers clearly wield an Archery to shoot arrows! Not a Bow, they use an Archery!

Gunnery for Musketeer? Seriously? Wouldn't it just be "Gun," "Rifle" or "Musket?"

This kind of English usage is too pitiful to even be taken seriously by people barely fluent in English.

Comment

all the more reason to believe it. it doesn't need to be accurately translated to deliver a similiar meaning. Multiple words can substitute the same meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Aedan View Post
                        Well I'm psyched! I always wanted to herd animals in an MMO... <.<

Sheperd? Really? lol
                        Old news. We already have one of those here!

Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                          Pretty sure SE said a long time ago that 20 jobs were confirmed to be in the game at launch.
                          They have not once confirmed the amount of jobs for XIV.

This reeks of fake.

For one, job descriptions in abbreviation would be universal, unless SE fell on their head and servers are suddenly regional there is no reason to change class abbreviations between regions.

And really, "Armorer?" "Stavesman?" Wouldn't Blacksmith make heavy armor, Tanner make leather armor and Weaver make cloth armor? We we need a melee that specializes in staves when a mage would just as well use one.

The "weapon" for Fencer is classified as "Fencing" and not "rapier?"

"Musical" for Bard? Wouldn't that be "instruments" at least?

All Archers clearly wield an Archery to shoot arrows! Not a Bow, they use an Archery!

Gunnery for Musketeer? Seriously? Wouldn't it just be "Gun," "Rifle" or "Musket?"

This kind of English usage is too pitiful to even be taken seriously by people barely fluent in English.
                          The translations may not be super accurate but the info makes sense and is more then likely spot on. Much of the job list was found a long time ago, with a corresponding list of weapons and even guild listings and icons. Hell, the Musketeer guild is in Limsa Losa as is and people have been there. So we know there are a lot more jobs coming then what SE has previously mentioned to us.

There were many weapons found in the dats that didn't have corresponding jobs, and this list more or less fills in the missing jobs. Staves(differently listed from the ones mages use), 2 handed swords and two handed shields have been known about for a long time and people just assumed current jobs would use them. But these listings make a lot more sense, even if we don't understand how they'll work as of yet.

As for Armorer, Blacksmith makes the weapons, Armorer makes the armor. Which means more then just plate and metal armors. Hell, there's even guild icons for both classes in the dats already, along with one for Sentinels.

Blacksmiths

Armorer

Sentinel

All Class Guilds have the same types of icons, blue trim, black background, gold emblem. Shops and Services each have much different looking icons of their own. So the helm and shield icons are most certainly not shop markers or anything other then Class Guild icons.

While we may not see any of these classes in game for a long while, SE has repeatedly said they have the concepts for classes they plan to add for the game well laid out in advanced and have already set the ground work to add them.

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                            to me, Dark Art = Ninjutsu. Definitely ninja related, not mage related.
                            Someone never played FFTA.

Also wth Sheperd o-O
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                              The translations may not be super accurate but the info makes sense and is more then likely spot on. Much of the job list was found a long time ago, with a corresponding list of weapons and even guild listings and icons. Hell, the Musketeer guild is in Limsa Losa as is and people have been there. So we know there are a lot more jobs coming then what SE has previously mentioned to us.
                              I wasn't debating Musketeer, as it was said long ago Blacksmiths could forge guns, meaning there would be a class that used them. I'm questioning the relibility of the other information, which is VERY spotty just based on the lack of basic knowledge regarding language.

As for Armorer, Blacksmith makes the weapons, Armorer makes the armor. Which means more then just plate and metal armors. Hell, there's even guild icons for both classes in the dats already, along with one for Sentinels.
                              If all those professions are listed for crafting jobs are legit, SE is not doing a better job of streamlining crafting at all. Really, FFXI had too many crafts and FFXIV's solution would be having more of them? SE would need really, really good reasons for spreading things so thin.

If SE wants this game to be playable, they can't have 30 jobs running around even several years down the road, that's just too much. 20 starting out is too much, but I'd think they'd angle to get as many crafts in as they could at the outset and not add those over time because you'd want them functioning in the economy as soon as they could.

I remember playing EQOA and they'd decided to add crafting after six months of being released. Total disaster, the economy became so inflated it was embarassing. We had an AH system for loot drops and things picked up on quests, but no crafting prior. It was a mess.

I don't think phasing them in gradually would be any smarter.

If any of this list is legit, though, I don't think FFXIV is coming out this year or even early next year. It would seem they have a lot of work ahead of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X