Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hints and clues to possible legit class information! Flayer, Assassin and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hints and clues to possible legit class information! Flayer, Assassin and more!

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
    their doings aren't recorded by history
    i wonder how people know ninjas even exist :0
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Re: Hints and clues to possible legit class information! Flayer, Assassin and more!

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
      i wonder how people know ninjas even exist :0
      "Ninjas can't catch you if..."
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

What class should I be..... hmmmm ^^

Comment

well Ninjas are kind of like secret superheroes. They let themselves get spotted to be famous.

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
          I guess Jenova stopped her obsession with Ninjas since they were banned from FFXIV and picked up Samurai instead.
          LOL Wel in a way, Samurai and Ninjas are the same thing. It's just that during the ancient times, the ninja tribes of the north discovered longer katanas are very useful, so there became two styles of ninja. Samurai, and traditional Ninja.

Comment

....err, what?

Ninjas were never anything like Samurai. They're the complete opposites in every possible way.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
              well Ninjas are kind of like secret superheroes. They let themselves get spotted to be famous.
              Your grip on reality is really fragile, isn't it?
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Weren't ninjas normally just peasants who took on mercenary jobs for the most part? Sneaking through the shadows and all that would make sense since I really doubt they had the training to take on anyone with any sort of combat experience without the aspect of surprise. I'm not sure if Ninjas are as great as everyone makes them out to be. o_o

Comment

See I was always under the impression that Ninjas were a fictitious sort of boogeyman of the times that the pop culture of this century later latched onto as an entertaining notion.
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Fliegar View Post
                    Weren't ninjas normally just peasants who took on mercenary jobs for the most part? Sneaking through the shadows and all that would make sense since I really doubt they had the training to take on anyone with any sort of combat experience without the aspect of surprise. I'm not sure if Ninjas are as great as everyone makes them out to be. o_o
                    Ninjas were actually spies and assassins used for numerous different things, but for the most part they were basically peasants who just learned how to be spies. There actually were clans of ninjas who acted as mercenaries during times of war, but the whole notion of them sneaking about in all black is a modern conception. Most of the time they'd just dress like average people or simple servants to get around undetected. It's a tactic used even by today's spies, no one really pays attention to janitors and repair men, which would be perfect disguises for sneaking around in buildings and going places people aren't normally allowed to go.

Though their weapons were indeed farm tools. Mainly because they were easy to find and use and if they got caught, they could just say they were in fact tools for farming. For the most part, Ninjas were first and foremost spies and saboteurs. They weren't much for up front fighting and only did so as a last resort. And when used for assasxxxxtions, it would more often then not be a suicide mission as once they took out their target, it wouldn't be long before they themselves were taken out as well. So the average Ninja would just be used to gather information on an enemy from inside their own castles and forts or set fires/steal supplies to cause panic and weaken an enemies defenses from within.

Also, ninjas did indeed use Katana, just like Samurai. The shorter, straight sword "Ninjatos", much like Nunchaku, weren't actually used by ninjas or even as weapons at all. IIRC Ninjatos didn't even exist back during feudal times and are actually a modern weapon mainly used for fictional stories, animes and movies.

p.s. also, wtf is up with the word assasxxxxtions? Every time I type it, it gets autocorrected to assasxxxxtions. Did I accidentally stumble upon the one and only word this forum has censored?
                    Last edited by Ziero; 06-22-2010, 06:34 AM.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                      assasxxxxtions
                      Noticed that awhile ago when I was posting about Assassin's Creed one day. lol
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                      Originally posted by Solymir
                      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                        They said there would be some JSE in this game, though I don't think it will be as extensive as XI's JSE gear. Though personally, I'm hoping there's another sort of stat boosting system other then simple stats on armor. I hate it when games load stats onto visual armor pieces because then everyone starts wearing the same stuff. IMO, PSU is the best example of how armor and clothing should be handled, clothing itself is purely aesthetic while your stat boosting armor/equipment was non-visible gear. It allowed for that small extra bit of personalization to a character. It seems that the masks/facewear at least will be purely for show, which is a good thing imo.
                        Yea, I agree with you there. They need to make it so that you can make clothing that you can "wear over" your armor, so you can have it look the way you want, and no one wears the same thing, unless its a very popular, and cool looking thing for a lack of a better word atm. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X