Synthesis by Leakerz.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthesis by Leakerz.com

So these guys have put out a lot of videos on XIV, and here's one I found especially interesting;

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeqcSugjJIU&feature=related"]YouTube- FFXIV - Synthesis Craft - by Leakerz.com[/nomedia]

You actually have multiple options when synthesizing!

• Hasty Hand - Cut corners, increasing crafting speed while reducing the chance of high quality results.
    • Standard Synthesis - Perform standard synthesis.
    • Rapid Synthesis - Synthesize with an emphasis on efficiency.
    • Careful Synthesis (was never selected)
    • Wait (see above)

At the bottom there's also a durability rating, Focus (whatever that is) and some kind of blue progress bar with a % at the end... no idea what that's for, possibly your progress into the next skill rank?
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Synthesis by Leakerz.com

The blue percentage bar look more like how long it is until that synthesis is complete. Durability will affect how long it needs until it requires repairing. I wonder what the Focus is for, HQ chance maybe?

In the interview SE gave before talking about synthesis they said about different types of systhesis and that you could mix them.

Its interseting to see it in action, shame about the error at the end.

I wonder how long it will take to skill up since so much work is going into a single synthesis now.

Edit: Also, Mining : [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl0oUrGilyY"]YouTube- FFXIV-Mining Quest - By Leakerz.com[/nomedia]. This looks a bit more involved too, it looks like you have to get your accuracy right when excavating.

Edit 2: Also another synthasis video: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPvx5B1UPY"]YouTube- FFXIV- Smithing - by Leakerz.com[/nomedia]

# Careful Synthesis - Synthesis with an empesis on quality.
    # Wait - Wait without altering the current synthesis.
    # Cancel - Cancel the current systhesis process.
    Last edited by Kafeen; 05-11-2010, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
      The blue percentage bar look more like how long it is until that synthesis is complete. Durability will affect how long it needs until it requires repairing. I wonder what the Focus is for, HQ chance maybe?

In the interview SE gave before talking about synthesis they said about different types of systhesis and that you could mix them.

Its interseting to see it in action, shame about the error at the end.

I wonder how long it will take to skill up since so much work is going into a single synthesis now.

Edit: Also, Mining : YouTube- FFXIV-Mining Quest - By Leakerz.com. This looks a bit more involved too, it looks like you have to get your accuracy right when excavating.

Edit 2: Also another synthasis video: YouTube- FFXIV- Smithing - by Leakerz.com

# Careful Synthesis - Synthesis with an empesis on quality.
      # Wait - Wait without altering the current synthesis.
      # Cancel - Cancel the current systhesis process.
      2nd link goes to Youtub not youtube. Use this link

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPvx5B1UPY"]YouTube- FFXIV- Smithing - by Leakerz.com[/nomedia]

These vids are cool as hell by the way. I especially loved the mining one. SOOOO much better than FFXI.
      FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
      FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

Originally posted by Gman View Post
        2nd link goes to Youtub not youtube. Use this link

YouTube- FFXIV- Smithing - by Leakerz.com

These vids are cool as hell by the way. I especially loved the mining one. SOOOO much better than FFXI.
        Oops, thanks, how did I manage that? Fixed my link now, just in case someone uses that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
          Oops, thanks, how did I manage that? Fixed my link now, just in case someone uses that.
          I'd say you simply forgot an "e"
          FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner

Comment

Originally posted by Gman View Post
            I'd say you simply forgot an "e"
            My CTRL+C must be broken.

Comment

Damn it I can't wait to try out the crafting jobs now ><

I just hope that your physical stats (STR, DEX INT etc) aren't factors in crafting since their job classes now. It's annoying enough that you have to spec your character for magic or melee, never mind crafting & gathering ><
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                Damn it I can't wait to try out the crafting jobs now ><

I just hope that your physical stats (STR, DEX INT etc) aren't factors in crafting since their job classes now. It's annoying enough that you have to spec your character for magic or melee, never mind crafting & gathering ><
                STR = Better at hitting stuff with a hammer?
                DEX = Better at sewing?
                INT = Better at alchemy?

Comment

The comments are making me laugh. :D
                  Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                  Originally posted by Nandito
                  Ponies.

Duh.
                  You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

I've seen this a while back. Do you know of any other sites with leaked info?

By now, we probably have seen all there is to see though.
                    A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

I've been watching these videos. Its funny to read some of the comments on the videos.

"Runescape has better graphics." XD

Comment

.. the animations are lame ... >< i hope its due to it being alpha, srsly
                        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                          .. the animations are lame ...

You're not high, are you? Using actual Blacksmith's tools is lamer than sitting with a crystal that goes all trippy on you?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                            You're not high, are you? Using actual Blacksmith's tools is lamer than sitting with a crystal that goes all trippy on you?
                            Have to agree. In FFXI a dhamel pie or a Haubergeon could be made with the same animation- just a different crystal. At least you get the feeling it's an actual blacksmith, etc. The animation is a bit stiff, maybe it will improve- it would also be nice to have him actually connect the hammer and the synth components. Then again, all the synthing in FFXIII was done in an invisible menu, so I guess anything is better than what we've had.

Comment

Yes the overall representation is an improvement over FFXI. Pretty sure he is just commenting that there is room for more improvement. You have to admit the animation was a little "clunky". I bet it gets smoothed out before release.
                              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                              X