This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIVE BETA VIDEO!!!!

Oh thank goodness we have a hall monitor around to enforce the oh so serious NDA for a videogame. But I guess if the rest of us unwashed masses were to see the stream then that would take away from the exclusive alpha tester's club your ego obviously relishes being in.
    Originally posted by Spazz View Post
    Im sorry yall... but I have to agree with Kailea. This is promotion of breaking the NDA, which FFXIONLINE.com can be held accountable and can have serious issues brought onto them.
    The most they can do is send an email your way asking you to take it down(which I'm sure they wouldn't even bother doing unless you were a major gaming website like joystiq.com or ign.com).

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
      Here is my take on this...

I've beta tested a LOT of games. I don't openly talk about it nor do I post pics. I would never consider doing a live stream. As far as others doing it, that is their, choice and I do not feel that they are doing it maliciously. It is their choice to make and their ass on the line. Would I report anyone doing any of that? Only if it was causing harm; as if they were altering pics in a negative manner or posting nasty negative things. But people breaking the NDA, for the most part, are only doing it to help out their fellow gaming fanatics. What I do take issue with is when people do decide to report others and they go around advertising that they did. Exactly what purpose does this serve? If you see someone shoplift something, do you report it and then stand there and yell "Someone just broke the law and I just reported them!!"? I also agree with Icemage that the NDA doesn't demand you report others that are in violation. Never, in all my years of testing, have I ever seen that.

As far as these streams, pics, and posts harming the game, that's bullshit. For every person saying that it looks like shit or something negative, there are 50 happy gamers getting very excited and thinking of saving their pennies to buy it. And did you ever consider that the Negative Nancys that are saying shit are only doing so because they are jealous that they can't play or just to cause a stir with the people that are excited?

I won't take anything down unless requested to do so by the powers that be. If for some reason that offends anyone then there are other websites on the internet to visit. Also if I have offended anyone oh well that's life. We can't all agree on everything because, if we did, life would be pretty damn boring!
      Pretty much how I feel about this. But, i wouldn't publicly post pics and video's. I would let people who I can trust that I play a certain beta. Ya, its against NDA, but I want them to know because I feel they would do the same for me (although a little teasingly) like how I got into Starcraft 2 Beta.

Watching the steam Pooky had up made me want the game more. I knew it was Alpha. I have been in Alpha's before, they are very frustrating with all the DC's and crashes. But what i saw from it i liked (I found myself yelling at the screen at Pooky when he wasn't doing something right(I hate being a backseat gamer but could not help myself on that)) and can not wait to see new info.

Not saying Pooky's actions is right. I'm just happy he took his chance at testing the game. And I hope the testers on FFXIV are sending in bugs because I do not want to come to a buggy game like the JP release of FFXI. But, then again 100% of MMO releases has a good number of bugs.
      Kelenae - Ramuh - Mithra Female - Windurst Rank 10 - Gone?
      Dirtha - Taru Taru Female - Windurst Rank 2 - Gone?
      www.twitter.com/kelenaev (|Please check it|)

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Kelenae View Post
        Not saying Pooky's actions is right. I'm just happy he took his chance at testing the game. And I hope the testers on FFXIV are sending in bugs because I do not want to come to a buggy game like the JP release of FFXI. But, then again 100% of MMO releases has a good number of bugs.
        He knew what he was doing had risks, and took the consequences like a real fan would.

And I don't think we have to worry about XIV being like Age of Conan when it's released. SE has already said multiple times that they'll release XIV when they're happy with it. The only problem I can forsee is a huge overload of servers on the first night. Really hope we get some kind of head start program going.

Comment

:O so you're in SC2 eh? Worth buying? (Not asking specifics just if it really lives up to the hype lol)

@. @ I really hope Phase 1 doesn't come any later than June. Of course by then I'll be horrendously preoccupied with Abyssia, hitting 80 on several jobs and WotG >-<

orz
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by skoreanime View Post
            He knew what he was doing had risks, and took the consequences like a real fan would.

And I don't think we have to worry about XIV being like Age of Conan when it's released. SE has already said multiple times that they'll release XIV when they're happy with it. The only problem I can forsee is a huge overload of servers on the first night. Really hope we get some kind of head start program going.
            Ya, hopefully Beta phase 2 is a open beta for Stress Testing

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            :O so you're in SC2 eh? Worth buying? (Not asking specifics just if it really lives up to the hype lol)

@. @ I really hope Phase 1 doesn't come any later than June. Of course by then I'll be horrendously preoccupied with Abyssia, hitting 80 on several jobs and WotG >-<

orz
            I'm going to be playing it most likely for the single player. I'm way to slow on Multiplayer now since it has been years since i have played SC2. Its hard to get the rust off when Ranked matches is on Fastes speed.

Comment

Ya, hopefully Beta phase 2 is a open beta for Stress Testing
              According to a very recent ZAM interview with Tanaka and Komoto, Beta phase 2 will be when they'll be trying some changes from the feedback during alpha.

Dengeki - Devs Talk Future Beta Plans :: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) at ZAM

Open beta usually lasts, in my MMO experience, a couple of weeks after the beta stage where all the intended changes are done and completed.

Comment

According to a very recent ZAM interview with Tanaka and Komoto, Beta phase 2 will be when they'll be trying some changes from the feedback during alpha.

Dengeki - Devs Talk Future Beta Plans :: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) at ZAM

Open beta usually lasts, in my MMO experience, a couple of weeks after the beta stage where all the intended changes are done and completed.
                Ya, I just saw that right after I posted =p. Its going to be a long time waiting for this game to come out.... Just as bad as I waited for FFXI, But then I imported the game when it came out for JP because I could not wait any longer lol.

Comment

Ya, I just saw that right after I posted =p. Its going to be a long time waiting for this game to come out.... Just as bad as I waited for FFXI, But then I imported the game when it came out for JP because I could not wait any longer lol.
                  I almost did myself...but I was suddenly swamped with a lot of requests to translate some anime scripts for a couple of fansub groups those many years ago, so I was kept busy. After XI came to NA...well, my entire IRC fansub group pretty much fell apart after half of us left for the game :lol:

Comment

Pooky got banned supposedly lol.
                    A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
                      Omg, it's a Pwnagraphic!

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
                        Little late, but welcome to the party!

Comment

Well I know for a fact that Pooky helped out, even if it wasn't past day 1. I saw him report one bug, and he claims to have reported several.

Wonder how many bugs Kailea got to report? Was he too busy raging about the livestream, and bragging about snitching?

Again, so hypocritical to dismiss other breaches of the NDA, but crucify the one that brings the most benefit to the gamers who don't have the good fortune to be testing it themselves.

Cry moar Kailea... nice to see nothing's changed since back in the day when I used to post here, except maybe your post count.
                          FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
                          FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

hey I missed it!

do they have archives of the streamed videos somewhere?

Anyways there's no need to think these streamers are doing something wrong. They chose to "share" their experiences
                            despite the risks involved. And viewers choose if they want to receive the cookie or not.

Look at how much FFXIII was and is still hated, and how much money its made anyway.

The haters are always in the minority. They are just jealous of the love games like this are getting, even in Alpha stage.
                            it's no surprise a lot of them may be WoW or FFXI worshippers. THey really have no effect on the outcome of
                            FFXIV's success. Critics certainly had no influence over FFXI's sales and success.

Comment

How many people would have loved to have been given the chance to play. A chance he threw away by doing something he knew he could be banned for after only a few hours?

I'm sure his intentions were good, it doesn't mean what he did wasn't stupid. He was right to be banned for it.

I would have loved to have seen it though.

Comment

Well, pretty convinced i'll play FFXIV now. The little bit of the stream that I watched last night was enough of a convincer for me to spend my money.

Screenshots always look "pretty", but seeing the engine, even in this alpha stage, was awesome.

And you have to be so out of touch with society today to think that SE didn't expect someone to stream 1st day Alpha. Sure they have their NDA, and sure that gives them the right to ban you for it, but for me and you to report them is just a horrible way to carry yourself in life. unfortunatley people "rat" on other people their whole life, and they rarely ever change.

In no way did that stream hurt SE's new baby. If anything I would compare it to nike's new Tiger woods comercial. Everyone is gonna be talking about it, it's gonna be the focus for quite a few folks, and it's going to drag the name (nike or FFXIV) along with it.

Kaiela: I can't say anything good about you. Not a single thing. For the first time in my life I am ashamed that I'm interested in the same thing as someone.

Spazz: FFxionline.com can't be asked to remove a link TO A VIDEO STREAMING WEBSITE. Your not "streaming" the video, your simply linking to a website that is. SE can ask JustinTV to stop hosting the stream, infact they would be well within their rights to do just such a thing (note: THEY DIDN'T) Don't raise the "It took them that long to find out it was happening", cause you and I both know someone with enough pull to stop it was made aware of the streams existance within moments of it being publicized on this site or Bluegartrls.com. I think SE employees can use the internet, just sayin.

It was agianst the rules and he got banned, as he knew he probably would have. Was it anyone else's job to promote him getting banned? Sure, but they get paid by Square-Enix to do so.

Do you call 911 when you notice someone speeding? or Rolling through a stop sign? or throwing a cigarette out the window? Those all break the law, there is no grey area, yet people take it onto themselves to be the judge "oh he wasn't speeding that fast" or "it's a cigarette butt it's not that much litter"

It played out just like SE wanted, and I can almost bet the house that the next wave of beta sign ups will have 20% more applicants.

Also, to whom it may benefit, Don't be so balls deep disillusioned about the way of the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X