FFXIV, the PS3, and gig space..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXIV, the PS3, and gig space..

You could still play with the keyboard though couldn't you with the ps2 version?

Comment

PS2 version supported USB keyboards. Current PS3 models support USB hookups, too, though two less than to original model by my understanding. Guod job fucking over Rock Band there, Sony.

Also, FFXI has not even come close to pushing over 15 gigs on my PS2 HDD, I don't have many worries for FFXIV on PS3 in terms of space. Plus word is they're phasing out the current model, I'm assuming because they've cut down production costs low enough to give it a bigger HDD size. Don't get your hopes up on a price drop at all, it will likely stay $399.

Comment

399 drops to around only about 200 if you trade in a x360 and some games, controllers. etc. It's a great deal unless you sell the stuff on ebay at nearly full value.

Comment

Please also keep in mind that with newer technology comes newer and usually better optomisation and compression techniques and technology. While FFXIV will be vastly superior in graphics to FFXI, it also uses different technology entirely so it might not be that much larger in space; there's a lot of factors to consider but I honestly don't think it'd be worthwhile getting into them.

In other words, space isn't an issue.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            PS2 version supported USB keyboards. Current PS3 models support USB hookups, too, though two less than to original model by my understanding. Guod job fucking over Rock Band there, Sony.
            The PS3 has 4 usb slots... The PS2 only had 2. How does that make space an issue with the PS3s? The controllwers are wireless, so thats not an issue. I can have up to 4 controllers going all at once, and have 4 keyboards or head sets or 2 keyboards/headsets going at once.

You can even hook up your blue tooths to the PS3s for a free usb slot to use for the keyboard. I don't think that there is a space issue for slots on the PS3...

Unless I completly misread what you where saying... Please ignore this post lol

Comment

Some PS3 models only have 2 USB slots.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                Oh... Dang that sucks for them. I guess I got lucky when I got mine XD

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                  Any standard USB hub will work if you need more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
                    Any standard USB hub will work if you need more.
                    Omg... I can see some one hooking up a maze of theese together having like 80+ ports XD

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                      Omg... I can see some one hooking up a maze of theese together having like 80+ ports XD
                      and overloading their USB ports ;p
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                        It'd be more tangled up than a pair of NES controllers. (Somehow my NES and SNES cords were always tangled up )
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------
                        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                        Originally posted by Solymir
                        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Welcome to the world of wireless and bluetooth everyone.

I only use my USB slots for my keyboard. I got the socom headset so that saves a slot. And I too have 4 slots, so even if I needed to use em I'd only use 2.
                          A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
                            Welcome to the world of wireless and bluetooth everyone.
                            http://www.everythingusb.com/images/...ub-plugged.jpg

/would like to have a word with you.
                            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

To be fair, Mhurron, he is an idiot.

Comment

I don't see USB going anywhere, at least I see USB 3.0 and maybe even 4.0 to be released before anyone thinks of getting rid of it.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X