Clear All

Re: FFXIV, the PS3, and gig space..

it is fun but looks oh so horribly pixelated hehe
    "It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice"
    MC Scooter.

Comment

Connect pong to that hoe.
      A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
        Keep in mind that if it is anything over15GB, people that have the old 20GB PS3s or 20GB Xboxes are screwed. Now that I think about it, people that have 20GB Xbox Hard Drive could just buy a bigger one. To install a larger hard drive in the PS3 you'd have to have a bit of technical know how in order to be able to do it.
        I just thought I'd point out you have this the wrong way around. Putting a new hdd into a PS3 is extremely easy. Getting a new one for the 360 is a pain (unless you pay MS a vastly over-inflated price).

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoboBunny View Post
          Haha look at what is happening with the PS3 release of FFXIII, because they decided to support 360. They are now coding the 360 version of that game. Meanwhile PS3 version is pretty much finalized.
          And this is why I'm pissed. They delay the release of the game in NA to get the 360 version ready. Also screwed us out of the demo.

But, SE is in it for the money and business-wise it's the smartest move. That doesn't mean I have to like it though.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Uma View Post
            I just thought I'd point out you have this the wrong way around. Putting a new hdd into a PS3 is extremely easy.
            Actually the process seems incredibly easier than the last guide i saw which was not too long after I bought mine . I broke down and bought the 120GB Hard Drive for my 360 late last year. I was more thinking about younger PS3 owners who if they told their parents they wanted to install a larger HD they'd go nuts. Especially people with parents like mine that would make a simple job like that sound like open box surgery.
            Last edited by Durahansolo; 08-12-2009, 02:14 PM.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
            Originally posted by Solymir
            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I got an Elite at $50.00 off so that wasn't a terrible deal but MS is still out of their fucking minds charging $240.00 for a 120 GB HDD (yes that's what it really costs here)
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

As someone stated in their post a page back.. they said "M$" <<< Key symbol here is the $
                A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

I'd agree with the assumption its going to be around 12-13gb, with the graphics its got unless the world is dramatically smaller then what FFXI was when it was released theres no way it shouldn't be close to that range specially with 5.1 audio being worked on for the game which itself will add a hefty little chunk onto the size (unless its incredibly compressed).

I don't care about the amount it takes up, if it was 20gb I'd be fine as long as the content is there within the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Reavis View Post
                    specially with 5.1 audio being worked on for the game which
                    Dang... I really gotta work on getting a suround sound system soon then. It will be great for once I actually get my room fixed up and everything lol

Comment

Hell yeah man. LED TV. 5.1 Surround sound. a 30 pack of budlight. You got yourself the ultimate gaming experience!

Comment

I was thinking.. It's probably easier to still use the keyboard on the PS3. I was picturing using the controller, which was kinda awesome.. But then I thought of how I would have to put the controller down, get the keyboard and start typing.

I don't think I'll be using a headset all the time (if that's even an option). Only for PT's and shit like that.

Comment

Well what i did was, set the keyboard in my lap and had the controller wire going under the keyboard so i never had to put the keyboard down. Now with wireless keyboards and controllers, you really wont have to much of an inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyprius View Post
                            I don't think I'll be using a headset all the time (if that's even an option). Only for PT's and shit like that.
                            Like a chatting system? No thanks. Half the stuff I say, people can't even understand.

Comment

They added a party chat to WoW but no one ever uses it. Everyone uses Ventrilo already. All of us here are serious gamers and I can see a lot of newcomers playing XIV on the PS3 who have no keyboards. They have no idea what they're getting themselves into lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
                                Well what i did was, set the keyboard in my lap and had the controller wire going under the keyboard so i never had to put the keyboard down. Now with wireless keyboards and controllers, you really wont have to much of an inconvenience.
                                You know what though.. I'm like, super lazy. So even switching between the controller and keyboard is too much for me to handle, haha.

I'll prob be getting the keyboard. It's just easier for me. All the controls are right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X