No announcement yet.

Neptune's or Apollo's ... I'm stuck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neptune's or Apollo's ... I'm stuck.

Change of instrument in terms of 'Lullaby +#' is an actual direct addition of seconds onto Lullaby duration, hence Nursemaid's Harp lasts 1 second longer than Mary's Horn.

@Rambu, definitely not, Sleep I is 60s, and Light Shot is about that if not longer, while both are still technically 'Sleep I' in terms of overwrite order.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Heh.. I suppose the people telling me that Nursemaids can last 6 seconds longer than Mary's Horn (including a LS mate that chewed me out so hard I /blist'ed him for a week) need to check themselves then.
      Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
      Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
      Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

I'd love to see some proof of that. Valyana might be a better person to ask about it(on our server at least). If Nursemaid's was that much stronger you'd know about it for sure already, a 20% duration boost isn't exactly something that stays a secret in this game, and you'd see more people using it outside of Einherjar.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

sleep II effects over-right sleep I effects ( as in re-sleeping the mob) that is why i bought that up, but yeah marry's horn adds a few seconds, using the wind one tends to effect resist rates as in being more frequent.

passed my mind at the time

Comment

The difference between Marys Horn and Nursemaids Harp has been discussed quite well in the BRD forum, I don thave the link but a quick search will find it for you.

The short version is that Marys Horn is better for two reason.
            1) It uses Wind Skill and there is more wind skill equipment than string making it resist less.
            2) Nursemaids Harp has a large area for sleeping but is less accurate so despite the extra +1 on Nursemaids the Marys Horn sleeps for longer more reliably.
            Last edited by Dux; 08-12-2008, 05:06 AM.
            - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
            Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
            My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

This may have already been said, but Repose is light based, so therfore you should use Apollo's staff. Dont ever pay attention to the "+10 this / that" on the HQ staves. Those stats are never better than that of the spells appropriate elemental effects from the staves. Unless you are a Ranger and use Fire staff for its +10 RATT/RACC not sure which forgot lol.

Originally posted by Dux View Post
              The difference between Marys Horn and Nursemaids Harp has been discussed quite well in the BRD forum, I don thave the link but a quick search will find it for you.

The short version is that Marys Horn is better for two reason.

1) It uses Wind Skill and there is more wind skill equipment than string making it resist less.

2) Nursemaids Harp has a large area for sleeping but is less accurate so despite the extra +1 on Nursemaids the Marys Horn sleeps for longer more reliably.
              Personally I'd rather cap my string skill and macro in the af/earrings/neck that have + string than use Mary's Horn. String has a much much bigger radias than wind not to mention String comes in more handy during dynamis than wind does.

In my exp there is just as much gear with +string in it as there is with +wind just spend some money and buy it. I have never had a problem with using String for Lullaby. The only problem people have with string is you dont cap it as easily as you do wind. Since till 60 you only use string for "Etude" spells.

I'd rather spend the time caping my string skill than to throw away the extra benefits that come along with using string for my sleep songs.
              Last edited by Luna; 11-08-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X