Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie WHM Bastok, Spells/Armor - Where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie WHM Bastok, Spells/Armor - Where to buy?

I can only find one shop that sells spells in the market distrcit of Bastok. Is there somewhere else I can get more spells? (like banish and protectra?)

I also have only been able to find one store in the Bastok mines area that sells some type of armor to use too. Is there another place for a whm?

I'm sorry if I missed a post that explains this, but I'm now level 8 and really can't update my armor/spells too well. If there is a store/item list somewhere I'd be happy to know where that is somewhere!!!!

Re: Newbie WHM Bastok, Spells/Armor - Where to buy?

Most of the early spells can be found on the Auction House. There really isn't much of a magic selection with the NPCs in Bastok.

Category:Architecture - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
    This will show you the names of the shops and buildings in various areas. If it's blue, then you can click the link to see what sells there.

Check out the White Mage page as well:
    White Mage - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

It lists every spell and links to information on where the scrolls can be found or purchased. For instance, Banish can be found at Sororo's shop in Bastok Markets provided Bastok is not in last place. Protectra is a drop only and should be easy to find for a low price at the Auction House.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

You can check the AH for those spells, although I think they do drop off of the WHM Qudavs outside in south gustaberg. (amythest I think they are called).

I think there is an armor salesman in Mines area down "Ore Street" upper level. I think he sells cloth and leather armor. I don't know if WHM can use them off the top of my head but you could check there.

Bastok is more geared for melee jobs tbh, windurst has good mage stuff and I beleive sandy does as well. I don't know if you would consider restarting there I know WHM sucks to level to 10 and your almost done so I wouldnt recomend it. (Unless you have no problem doing it.)

sig courtesy tgm
      retired -08

Comment

There are newbie spell merchants in every city. But what spells they have depend on the nation's conquest ranking.

Sororo in Markets is the one you want.

Comment

Thanks! I should try the auction house then. The only thing the quavs are dropping is "Bind" for me. I sure wish they dropped WM spells! Thanks for the help!

Comment

there are 2 types of qudav mages, one is a blm one is a whm. The one who hits you with dia is the one you want. (usually its opening spell) the one who uses poison is the blm.

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

Working...
            X