Healing Magic & AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healing Magic & AF

I checked out this old thread before submitting a new topic. It is just a bit outdated though. I want to know if it is worth using AF1 Mitts PLUS AF2 Pants as a 75WHM, or if it would be better to just use equipment that increases MP, MND, or -Emnity full time like the Zenith (for max MP) and Blessed (for -Emn, MND).

I have the opportunity to lot Dynamis WHM Legs but I can't decide if it will it should be used full time or if it will be negative inventory space minus one. I have 5 jobs at 75, and I like to plan my inventory ahead of time before having bits and pieces of equipment I can't store, don't have full sets to store, or won't use often enough to be a big deal.

Please give me your opinion on the Healing Magic Skill setup. Thanks.

Edit: The link doesn't seem to work for me. It was a post from 2004 that said healing magic skill only raises interruption rate and cure 1 - 4 are capped and cure 5 was uncapped. It was a small thread.
    Last edited by pounce321; 04-01-2008, 04:23 PM.

Re: Healing Magic & AF

Eh... Healing Magic does a whole lot of nothing (and is easy to cap at level 75 regardless). The only spell at 75 that even remotely benefits from it is Cure V.

Blessed is a good choice for both the hand and leg slots for general use, since the Haste effect improves recast times (letting you spam Cure III instead of going for the less attractive Cure IV option, or possibly burning extra MP for Cure V). Enmity and +MND is bonus.

Zenith sucks for anything except loading up max MP at the start of a fight, or getting yourself into yellow HP for latent on Medicine Ring. It's actually somewhat counterproductive in the context of Martyr and Devotion, as well as Sublimation if you're using /SCH.

Icemage

Comment

Ok good to know. It will save my inventory space. I was debating last night whether or not to sell my Blessed because I had been using AF1 hands thinking it did something, ha ha ha. But now I will save 5 and store all of it.

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
        Eh... Healing Magic does a whole lot of nothing (and is easy to cap at level 75 regardless). The only spell at 75 that even remotely benefits from it is Cure V.
        Sadly QFT. It's one of many skills that need to be updated to properly reflect their related abilities *cough*summoning magic*cough*ninjutsu*cough*
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Get the WHM AF2 legs anyway and macro them in for barspell macros. +20 elemental resistance is not to be snuffed at.

Comment

Two words: Cursna -> Doom.
            Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
            Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
            Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
              Two words: Cursna -> Doom.
              Unless you have information to the contrary, nothing affects Cursna's ability to counter Doom. It's just a raw 25% chance, regardless of whether it's being cast by a WHM or a SMN/WHM.

Icemage

Comment

Zenith sucks for anything except loading up max MP at the start of a fight, or getting yourself into yellow HP for latent on Medicine Ring. It's actually somewhat counterproductive in the context of Martyr and Devotion, as well as Sublimation if you're using /SCH.
                Indeed, but if you know how to count the MP you've used you can use a gear swap macro after you've burned off that extra MP and put your Blessed pieces back on. I do use the Zenith crown over the Wal. Turban because of the extra MP and the resist ... silence, is it? But either is fine.

Really the only + skill I've found to be useful is Enfeebling Magic skill, in case you don't have a RDM. But otherwise the + skill gear is not really necessary. High skill = lower resist rates, and you just don't get resists on Cure spells.

Besides, I use Regen a lot more in many situations than Cures anyway.
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I just picked up WHM AF2 legs, and while they're sort of nice to have, healing magic really doesn't do THAT much to boost Cure V ... +MND seems to do a better job. This means that the Blessed Mitts do a very good job as a healer...

Comment

Working...
                  X