This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping healing magic capped?

Currentl;y my WHM is 21, and alothough I'm only leveling it as a subjob, I still want to be good at WHM, and play it well. I have been trouble keeping my healing magic skill capped, any suggestions?
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Re: Keeping healing magic capped?

my healing was never capped until I got higher and PL my low level friends....
    seriously, it goes up a lot faster when PL low level people, for me.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

If you don't wanna wait for the PLing route, you could always fine a High Level Person standing around in Jeuno and spam cure on them.

/ma Cure <t>
      /wait 5
      /ma "Cure II" <t>
      /wait 5
      /ma Cure <t>
      /echo Time to Recast

Then you can just sit there and hit the macro over and over while waiting for a pt. ime, curing on higher lvl players gives me faster skillups. And be sure you're facing North.

Comment

1) Get a relatively high-levelled friend.
        2) Have him/her tank T-IT undead mobs.
        3) Spam Cure I until it dies.
        4) Repeat until your skill caps.

This is by far the fastest way. You'll get skill-ups as if you were nuking/enfeebling. It won't take too long.

Comment

EASIEST way to cap healing:

- Get a level 75 friend with Provoke.
          - Go to an area with undead that are tougher than you.
          - Have your friend engage an undead monster.
          - Spam Cure I on it until your skill is capped (will happen very very quickly).

EDIT: Blast you Armando!! =P

Icemage

Comment

My healing was always capped in the lower lvls, it wasn't until the upper lvls that it got away from me. LOL Everyone's experience is different and everyone's technique for curing is too. I wouldn't worry about it too much while lvling but once you get to 37 you might want to go out and cap it.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I was about to post the same thing Armando and Icemage said, for me around lvl 50 doing Genkai 1, my healing skill shot straight up since i casted CureI again and again on Liches.

Comment

When i soloed whm to 10 after each fight I would always cure 1 myself up then rest to replenish Mp, I capped my whm always by the time I got to Dunes, then it was easy when in a party as long as you mainly throw cure 1's and heal everyone up after the fight. Make sure you have juice or cookies to minimise aprty downtime. worked for me.

Comment

Alright, cool. So i'll just cap it when I get to 37... shouldn't be to hard, I have a 75 PLD who can tank em =D
                  Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                  A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                  More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                    EDIT: Blast you Armando!! =P
                    Kekekeke. I'd sig this, but my sig is big enough already XD

Comment

I've been 75 whm for a long time and my healing skill is only 264 with the cap being 276 at 75. When I got 75 it was only 244. Does it matter at all? Nope. I remember in my 60s when my enfeebling and divine were both higher than my healing. It really doesn't matter.
                      Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

haha =D
                        More Sig:

Comment

In exp party, use lower tiered cure spells, don't cure bomb. you'll produce more skill checks and it will stay capped. It's how I capped mine before lvl 20 and kept it capped afterwards.

Also, always keep regen up on tank and puller at least, it'll help keep enhancing skill capped if you haven't capped it yet with another job.

Comment

Working...
                          X