is "Delay" good or bad? imma newb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is "Delay" good or bad? imma newb...

i just started the other day, im level 8, i got the level 7 gear and a new shield, and i have money for a new weapon...as a warrior(whos gonna tank...oviously) what kind of weapon do i want, and do i want low or high delay on the weapon?

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: is "Delay" good or bad? imma newb...

Axe and great axe are war's best weapons. If you plan to tank, which imo is best left to someone with a sub, I'd suggest a one-handed axe and a shield for the extra def.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
    SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

ok, well im planin on getting sub as a monk as i only have standard jobs right now, and i will make sure to level my monk so its always half of my warrior, hm, when im in a shop, how do i know if the weapon is one hand or two hand, at all the weapons i've looked at it just says "dagger" or "sword"

Comment

and what about delay, do i want more or less?

Comment

The delay of the weapon decides how much tp you get back per strike. Generally I would say lean towards higher delay weapons due to the higher tp return. But at lower levels I look more towards the best overall damage. You also might consider leveling Thief to subjob level for BIG Great Axe weapon skill damage when you hit 30.

And FFXIclopedia is your friend

Comment

expensive yes, but at 30 im goin NIN :D, and im very looking forward to it, i will barely be making ends meet, gil wise, but hey, if im not havin fun, then why am i playin this anyways ^^

Comment

and i will get warrior to 37 when i need to

Comment

Again at 30 try thief you can put down better numbers then a war/ninja unless you have the absolute best gear at the level. (And It costs allot of money)

Comment

..no, im gonna go Nin will be my main, and from what i heard War is the best sub job for Nin

Comment

Also, to do what Thrasher is suggesting, you only have to take thief to 15 (18 if you want to go all the way to 37 with WAR). Ninja is an expensive job, and may be more feasible later on when you have access to more money. But, no one will stop you from leveling Ninja right after you open it up.

As for knowing which axes are 2-handed, they will say "Great Axe" or "G. Axe" (I forget which) instead of simply "Axe."

Regarding tanking, though WAR can tank, you'll probably see more NIN's and PLD's tanking. I agree though, that if you are interested in tanking as a WAR (as opposed to putting up high damage numbers while leaving the tanking to a NIN or PLD), then definitely wear a shield.
                    Character: Bricklayer
                    Server: Ramuh
                    31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

so, while leveling my Warrior, it would be better for the sub to be a thief apose to a monk?

Comment

Plus is nothing else being flexible with your jobs/subjob combos is good, and you will become a more skilled player for it. And 99% of people recommend against leveling Ninja as your main class unless you have a good source of income or you craft.

And I miss dual war/monk tanking It was a great newbe learning experience.

Comment

well one i have the time to farm if needed, i have nothing on my schedrule, and two the only job i REALLY want is ninja, thats what will make me happy, in the end, its just a game, and if ur not happy, why play

Comment

Originally posted by the_ultimate_shadow View Post
                            so, while leveling my Warrior, it would be better for the sub to be a thief apose to a monk?
                            Level monk for your sub job its more important overall gives the best ability's. War/thf does not become good till 30 when you can use the thief job ability sneak attack for big weapon skill dammage.
                            Play war/monk through 30 then try other subjobs like thief and ninja (well unlock it)

Dam I can't get this message right.
                            Last edited by Thrasher; 10-02-2006, 10:48 PM. Reason: Grammer/I cant type

Comment

Originally posted by Thrasher View Post
                              Level monk for your sub job its more important overall gives the best ability's. War/thf does not become good till 30 when you can use the thief job ability sneak attack for big weapon skill dammage.
                              Play war/monk through 30 then try other subjobs like thief and ninja (well unlock it)

Dam I can't get this message right.
                              I think he wants Ninja to be his main, and to sub /WAR.

Based on Thrasher's suggestion, I'd level MNK to 18, get your subjob, then level WAR/MNK to 30 (preferably 37), unlock NIN, and go NIN/WAR to 75. If you want to play around with WAR/THF, then lvl THF to 18 (or 37) after you hit 30 on WAR.
                              Character: Bricklayer
                              Server: Ramuh
                              31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Working...
                              X