This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rune Axe Soloing Option

I just thought I'd fill in the Warriors here with a setup that Beastmasters use occasionally that has now opened up as an option to Warriors thanks to the expansion.

Dual Rune Axes.

Before the expansion these were pretty worthless to warriors. The latent effect on them requires MP and the weapons to be drawn, and outside of drinking juices constantly, warriors would get no use out of them. A BST/NIN who equipped dual Rune Axes and wearing a Gaudy Harness could get the +10 Attack and +10 Regen every other tick thanks to the latent refresh on the Gaudy that would refresh 1 MP, then next tick the axes would consume it give 10 HP back. The main drawback is having to keep the gaudy on instead of wearing a better DD piece like a Hauberk.

Well thanks to sanction this is no more. Now if you are killing things in ToA areas, there is no need for refresh equipment because of the Refresh bonus you can get from the gate guard for 100 Imperial Standing points when receiving sanction. The refresh works as long as you are in any of the ToA areas, including during Beseiged. My first couple Beseiged's I went as BST/WHM and died at least once if not more each time thanks to lag and trying to cast. Since I've used BST/NIN with dual Rune axes and the Refresh bonus from Sanction, I have yet to be killed. It may not be an ideal setup for exp (by then again it might if you wanna go Axeburn and not worry about finding a healer), but it's spectacular for farming and soloing.
    72+2 Bonecrafting (Bone Purification, Filing, Protective Spectacles, Boneworker's Apron)
    60+1 Leathercraft (Leather Ensorcellment, Tanning, Tanner's Gloves)
    53 Clothcraft
    60 Woodworking (Lumberjack, Wood Ensorcellment)
    60 Cooking (92+1 Mule)
    58 Alchemy
    40 Fishing (Frog Fishing, 3,704/10,000 MC for Lu Shang)
    15 Smithing
    5 Goldsmithing

Re: Rune Axe Soloing Option

Dang, you guys are in on our secret, now. ><;

Comment

Rune Axe is kinda meh... I'll stick to my Maneater.

The Leader. The Legend. The Playboy.

Comment

They're the best DoT axes you can get pre-Maneater. :x

Check that delay.

Comment

1 merit to MP + off-hand rune axe + hercules ring @ -50%HP against too weak farming mobs
          [main]@75 = BLM+WAR
          [sub]@37+ = NIN THF RNG WHM RDM

Comment

That sounds like a pretty cool trick, too bad my WAR will never see the day :p
            66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
            Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
            01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
            01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
            O)
            01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

yup is ok for farming, but not practical for mobs that can do big damage tho^^
              [main]@75 = BLM+WAR
              [sub]@37+ = NIN THF RNG WHM RDM

Comment

Working...
              X