This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New warrior

I just started the game a few days ago. I'm at lvl 9 and gil has been very slow for me to come by. I was just woundering what gear I should be looking to get now/new future so that people wont complain when I join a party. Also, should I still be in Bastok? I just want to know where abouts in the game I should be at this point. I have tried doing a bunch of quests (not having luck finding who I need too) and I'm on the second mission (hoping to finnish it up soon). It just seems as though I've done nothing but lvl and farm with very little results.

Re: New warrior

Level 10 is the official "You can now party" level. You could do it at 9 too but it's always best to start at 10 because you'll get a whole new set of armor, a new Job Trait (Defense Bonus, grants Defense +10) and those two things combined are pretty significant. You'll most likely be partying in Valkurm Dunes, north of Konschtat Highlands. You want to be using the highest DMG Great Axe available at your level. Great Axe is by far the best weapon you can use until 50+, then double Axes can give it a good run for its money, but not before then. You CAN use Axe + Shield when tanking really hard mobs but you probably won't get much out of it with 0 shield skill - you'd have to have been tanking constantly with Axe + Shield for it to be worth it. It's ok to still be in Bastok. Also, when partying, you want to be eating Meat Jerky (buy at Bastok Mines grocery store north of the AH, they're cheap) and your main WS should be Shield Break (use at the start of fights, does decent damage can will give the mob a whopping Evasion -40.) Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Armando; 03-11-2006, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dumo
      It just seems as though I've done nothing but lvl and farm with very little results.
      welcome to ffxi this game never seems to give up anything without a fight.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
      Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
      I live to entertain!

Comment

Alright, I ended up playing with a friend yesterday. Did some mission work and got dragged to the dunes before he logged off. I ended up getting some crystal key item just before the dunes. Since the servers are down, can someone here let me know what this is all about? He said that I can now be teleported places by a whm. I was just woundering what I have to do to get teleported and where I can be teleported. Is it just back to Bastok or can I go from Bastok to that place as well? Also, how can I get into a party? Do I just go around asking people or is that seen as impolite?

Edit: Should I just focus on my Great axe for now or should I be working on one handed axes as well or even swords?

Comment

focus on both axe if you can. theyare your best weapons.

there are 2 types of travelling spells. warp and teleport.
          Warp is a Blm spell that sends you back to your home point.
          Teleport is a whm spells that sends you to various telepoints around the world. This is the one you need you key item for. You need Dem crystal to be teleported to Dem, Holla crystal to be teleported to holla and etc.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
            Teleport is a whm spells that sends you to various telepoints around the world. This is the one you need you key item for. You need Dem crystal to be teleported to Dem, Holla crystal to be teleported to holla and etc.
            You'd be surprised to know just how many players still do not have their crystals for these teleport areas. I remember this level 72 MNK didn't have his Yhoat Crystal and Vazhl one either. He was also in an HNMLS. How in holy hell?

Comment

I still need my Altepa crystal, but I'm just too lazy to run out there >.<;

Comment

I already have three crystals for my Jkid character. Now I need to do the same for my Komigo character.

Comment

Total of 6 to get. I got Dem, Mea, Holla, Yhoat, and Vahzl.

Comment

Welcome to FFXI!

Your Dem-telepoint crystal now allows a White mage with the spell Teleport-Dem to teleport you to that exact crystal where you got that key item. There are currently 6 known telepoints in Vana'diel. This is a major time-saver as opposed to running across several zones. To have this spell cast on you, you must be in a party with the white mage who can cast it. And white mages generally ask for 1-5k per teleport, depending on where, because learning those spells requires long questing and/or they are expensive to buy. but don't worry too much about it for now. More significant at this stage for you are:

1) getting to level 18 and doping your subjob ques, so you can play as 2 jobs at once.

2) getting to level 20 and getting your Chocobo license in jeuno

3) getting to level 30 and unlocking various advanced jobs.

Oh, and to join a party, type /invite on your keyboard and hit enter. This changes the icon by your head to an !, which means you are looking for a party. People using the search function will be able to tell you are looking for a party and will probably talk to you in /tell chatmode. When you receive a party invite, type /join and hit enter to join that party. These commands can also be found in the menu, under the Party section.

Warriors' best weapons are Great Axe and Axe, they can however use others fairly well. I'd suggest using the best damage Great Axe and best defense armor you can find. As a Warrior your job in low level parties will be to get the monster very mad at you so you take all the hits, because you are one of the toughest and best armored jobs at this stage in your career. You also have the job ability Provoke which really makes the monster angry and keeps it focused on you instead of the weaker mages. You'll be asked to use this ability every 30 seconds in a fight.

When you get into the low teens start looking for the following items to be dropped by crabs, flies, and ghouls in Valkrum Dunes:

Crab Apron
                    Damselfly Worm
                    Magicked Skull

When you get those 3 items and attain level 18, you can the ability to have a second active job, a subjob, which gives you better stats and more abilities to enhance those of your main job. For a Warrior a good subjob choice starting out is Monk.

Also be sure to talk to the bastok Gate guards (that have I.M. at the end of their name) anytime you head out and request to have Signet cast on you. This gives you Conquest points when you kill things which can be used to purchase special equipment, helps determine which countries control the zones in vanadiel, and makes the monsters you fight drop crystals which you can sort into stacks and sell on the auction house for gil or use for crafting.
                    Madrone Hume Female Leviathan Server
                    75: RDM MNK BLM PLD BRD subs: NIN WAR DRK BLU WHM SCH DNC RNG
                    AF+1 16/25, AF2 9/25, Nashira 1/5, Crimson 3/5, Pln 2/5, Yigit 5/5, Zenith 3/5, Shura 3/5, Askar 1/5, Goliard 2/5, Homam 2/5
                    Merits 384/506, Bastok rank 10, Merc rank 10

Comment

Working...
                    X