This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What food

During fighting I have used Meatkabobs for some time as a war, mnk and bst. But they have got very costly. Is there a good food for warriors other then the high price stuff???
    Thx

Re: What food

Decent food would be Meat Jerky which can be bought from NPC's in taverns.

Comment

meat jerky is a good food....until like lvl20. Look on somepage.com and http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/Main_Page and make sure you are staying ahead of the att+% caps, soon the meat jerky wont improve your att at all cause you will already have more attack than it can give you. /shrug sometimes it is just best to use pricey food, and it is also important to shop around and look at what the different foods can give you and what you are trying to do with your character (whithout harming the pts preformance).

RNG67 BRD66 THF55 NIN35 WHM31 RDM35 WAR24 PLD30

Comment

Pretty much Meat Jerky. Watch for when you hit the cap, though. Once you have 136 Attack (Berserk included) you're not getting the full benefits. That'll happen at about level 30. After that, you can move on to Dhalmel Steaks. They're fairly cheap if you NPC them at the tavern at Windurst (1.3 - 1.5k for 3 hours, that's about 200g - 250g per half hour,) not sure how much they go for at the AH. They have a lower gil-per-time cost than Meat Mithkabobs, however, be careful - they last 3 hours! If you die early, that's going to cost you. However, they're plenty cheaper than Meat Mithkabobs, so if you die once or twice after an hour or two, it's no big deal. Once your Attack can go as high as 180, move on to Meat Mithkabobs.

Comment

Actually you base attack, without berserk or +atk items, is your base attack. I believe that is what somepage means by +20% cap @ 136 base attack. So take off all your atk+ gear and your buffs and see what your attack is with your weapon only.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Originally posted by Tokitoki
            Actually you base attack, without berserk or +atk items, is your base attack. I believe that is what somepage means by +20% cap @ 136 base attack. So take off all your atk+ gear and your buffs and see what your attack is with your weapon only.
            Doing some tests myself, I would have to agree with this.

Comment

So the food won't change its benefit with your equip? Or the percentage it gives changes based on your equip? I always figured it was a cap based on your atk w/o food. Equip's berserk and all.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I found that it is based on your base damage with weapon equipped.

Comment

So the cap changes if you use berserk? Or adding equip with atk doesn't change it at all?

Comment

The % is based on your bast att with weapon, anything else is added but does not influence the % added from food... if that makes since... i know what im saying in my head... >.>

Comment

I got ya. So job abilites like berserk don't affect it either?

Comment

All modifiers such as +ATK from equipment, JA's such as zerk, and buffs cast on you such as Minuet are added after food and base attack. food is only based on your base atk before all buffs are calculated. It'd look like this.

Say you're eating food with +10% atk.

Base: 150
                        W/ Food: 165

All buffs will add to that number.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                        SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

I'm not sure if it applies here since its best for plds but Fish Mithakabobs might work well or Tavanzania Tacos but personal opinion on tacos i used them from a friend and they did not last very long and the stat increases were decent they were not worth the price

I used these as bst btw

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Intensity
                            All modifiers such as +ATK from equipment, JA's such as zerk, and buffs cast on you such as Minuet are added after food and base attack. food is only based on your base atk before all buffs are calculated. It'd look like this.

Say you're eating food with +10% atk.

Base: 150
                            W/ Food: 165

All buffs will add to that number.
                            Thanks, that's what I was trying to say.

Comment

Working...
                            X