RDM sub for Thf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM sub for Thf

Im currently lvling rdm, though i want to be a taru thf i figured it just be easier in te long run to lvl rdm and use it as a sub till i hit 30 and could get nin or rng. I'd like to hear some opoins on this- Thf/Rdm
    Zylis the Virus

Re: RDM sub for Thf

THF/RDM is, in general, a pretty bad idea. RDM could be somewhat functional for solo play, I guess, but for any party situation, you'd be better off with WAR or MNK as a sub.

Comment

so I should just stick w/thf then or lvl war for more srt
      Zylis the Virus

Comment

Originally posted by Nappy
        so I should just stick w/thf then or lvl war for more srt
        I'm not sure what you mean.

If you're planning on being a career THF, then it would be in your best interests to have WAR, MNK, and later on THF and RNG leveled. At the bare minimum, level WAR to sub to THF, and later on unlock and level NIN for it.

If you want to be a RDM, that's a whole other story.

Comment

Here's the reason why Rdm isn't a very wise sub for Thf:

Originally posted by Tokitoki
          Red Mage; a mix of WHm and BLM, and not a great choice for the same reasons. Only this time you get even less MP which means MORE resting, more resting equals less tp, less tp equals no weaponskill. Could be used for solo to 10, again, for things such as Dia and Cure. This could be used the same way as WHM sub, minus the Ose part ;p You can use it for sneak/invis and playing around with en- spells while farming. As im sure most RDM know, Horentneedle + En- spells is very fun, as well as effective. The only problem is your enhancement skill will be lower and thus the en- spell will do less damage.

Here's where you can find the pros/cons for all Thf subjob possibilities:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/thi...op.asking.html

Warrior and Ninja are the most common two Thf subjobs, but that doesn't take away room for experimentation....just try not to gimp anyone elses gameplay while testing, hehe.

With great power comes complete disregard for any and all responsibility.

Comment

/WAR is a great subjob, and /MNK you'll want if you're using hand to hand weapons (especially if you're kiling skeletons). /RNG is great for accuracy and ranged attacks in general. I haven't actually experienced /RNG yet, but I plan to.

Comment

When I was leveling my Thf through the midstages, the cookie-cut job combinations weren't really in place yet. I was Thf/Mnk up until level 30 (gimp mnk sub I might add) and when I hit 30 I unlocked Rng. I took Rng to 20 immediately because I thought it was the most amazing job ever lol. Hitting snippers for like 50dmg/shot while leveling in valkurm, with a Whm I could've probably duo'd, but that was pre-patch. I mained Thf/Rng until level 60, switching to level Rng every few lvls of Thf. I didn't even have Nin unlocked until level 60... It's clearly paid off however, because no party was ever gimped by my lack of utsusemi or the use of one dagger. Ranged weapon skills aren't advised, however with proper Racc gear you can imitate a Rng, but because of skill rankings, this ability wanes by about level 55. Thf/Rng's ranged attacks can hit for 1/2~3/4 of a Rng's dmg and because Thfs use smaller faster bows, this damage is quite comparable. During the course of using this combo, I had Archery, Marksmanship and Dagger capped with ease and switched between Racc and WS gear (use Ratks for TP gain). I realize the whole thing was unorthodox and actually was just a phase because I now prefer /Nin. However, my marksmanship is still capped at 73 and I rarely miss a ranged attack with only sushi (no Racc gear).

With great power comes complete disregard for any and all responsibility.

Comment

I doubt I'll sub ninja until I stop seeing this:

/sea all thf 71-75 (or 66-70, 61-65, etc.)

thf/nin
                thf/nin
                thf/nin
                thf/whm
                thf/nin
                thf/nin
                thf/nin
                thf/nin
                thf/nin
                thf/whm
                thf/nin
                thf/nin
                etc.

lol

Ok, so I might not ever sub ninja, but I plan on doing a lot of work to make THF/WAR the best I can.

Comment

To put my two cents in. As a THF/RDM. IF you already have RDM Lvl'd fairly well, Use it as your sub while you are in those lonely early 15 lvls... THF is so unwanted tat early I know... But drop it when you start seeking for Parties... It is only useful as a Solo.

Comment

This has been covered many times.

For L1-33 THF/MNK rules thanks to Combo being the strongest WS available.
                    If you don't want to level MNK, THF/WAR with a sword is the next best thing.

For L33-75 THF/WAR with daggers will be the strongest job combo. THF/NIN is recommended if you are doing long pulls or pulling fast monsters, but it's damage output is inferior to THF/WAR.

For a long time THF/NIN could gain higher TP than normal by going below the TP floor with very fast daggers and so everyone subbed NIN. Nowadays that no longer works but people are stubborn and thus still stuck on subbing NIN. That is why when you do /sea all thf 71-75 everyone has /NIN.

RDM sub is rubbish. Don't do it. Period.

Comment

Working...
                    X