This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lvl 15 help

I've reached level 15 and i'm in need for new weapons, armor, and bow+arrows, because the weapons and armor that i own are getting a little overdated ^-^; so i need reccomendations on what weapons are cheap (if possible), and best quality/most efficient for a thf. I think i'm going to get a sword or a knife...but i'm not sure which one because i have my sword lvl. up at 39 or 40..but i don't get another weapon skill until level 75! so i was thinking that it might be better to just level up my dagger skills :<; but i have no idea what to do. so what do you guys reccomend? :D

Re: lvl 15 help

Pick up the +stat rings level 14. A pair of +1dex will be fine if you can't afford the +2.

Range weapon, you can start using crossbows and acid bolts now. It's pretty expensive tho if you're looking for an economic path, a boomerang will do fine for pulling. Marksmanship will come in handy later on so consider skilling them up sometime.

bone earing level 16. pretty cheap.

Nothing much for armors I think. I like the look of doublet so that's my personal choice.

Leaping boots level 7. Not neccesary, but is a very good boots you can use for a long long time. Not sure what the rare/ex version is called.

weapons, there are many swords and knuckles level 13-15 you can pick up. Any of them will do fine, just pick the one you like. Some THF use dagger and skillchain with shadowstitch, but I think pre viper, sword is a lot better choice.

Do you have /nin yet? If so, once you reach level 20thf/10nin you can hold dagger on your left hand and let it skill up that way. Put sword on your right hand.

If you don't have /nin yet, see if the PT requests you to use sword. If not, go ahead and use dagger.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

you should use swords until lev 33 (then switch to dagger)
      but get sure your dagger skill is capped (some switch to dagger after a level up and if its capped they stick on swords)
      or rings you should get a balance ring or two. the dex boost is significant for your Sneak Attack and thats the way you doing dmg.

if you have /mnk as subjob you should try hand to hand weapons, Sneak Attack stacks with Combo, if you don`t have /mnk sub, don`t use hand to hand weapons, the delay will kill you

but later the dagger/sword combination is a common one

for armor in low levels it`s not nessesary to have even the best, i guess there aren`t much with DEX or STR boost. you can mostly get your armor much cheaper from vendor then from AH in those levels, this saves you alot of money
      Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

for armor, just buy gear from an npc. as a thf, you can wear whatever they sell. brass gear is fine.
        for weopon, use a sword. equip a dagger from time to time just to skill up, but don't use a dagger before level 33.
        for your subjob, sub /war (/mnk is good too. if you /mnk though, play monk-style, using hand to hand attacks). /war is fine all the way to 30. after that, i reccomend /nin.

here's a quick guide to help you, and other players, to level /nin cheaply for your first job.
        at 30, unlock ninja. the first thing you should do is quest utsusemi. one way to do this is to go to windhurst. go to giddeus and kill yagudu. trade 200 yagudo beads to an npc named mihgo in windy woods, at the northmost part of the map. then you can go to norg and quest the scroll. for valkrum dunes, you won't need any scrolls besides utsusemi and tonko:ichi. tonko is an invisible spell. the tonko tools cost less than prism powders, so questing tonko with utsusemi will save you money in the long run.

for levelling ninja itself, you will need 2 stacks of shihei to get you through dunes. you don't need any other tools or enfeebles. tonko is nice though, but not necessary.

do not buy the level 15 ninja elemental-enfeeble scrolls. they're a waste of money. at most buy/quest one for pulling.

at level 20, stop levelling /nin and level your thief main job awhile. you can take nin to 22 if you feel you can now. take thief to 40 so you are a 40thf/20 nin (or to 45 so you are a 45thf/22nin). you can use your 40 thief to easilly farm rolanberry fields and pashlow marshlands (stay away from the ochu's and the quaddav's in rolanberry). if people are there, go to jugner forest and just kill everything. 20-30 minutes of farming will easilly get you enough money to afford shihei and other tools to take nin to 37.

remember all the ninja scrolls can be quested, and you probably won't need more than one stack of any tool (besides shihei) to take ninja to 37. i used maybe 4 stacks of shihei i think it was to get ninja to 37.
        Last edited by aegina; 11-21-2005, 06:32 AM.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
        Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
        I live to entertain!

Comment

Working...
        X