This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief Guide for Maat fight (steal) / testimony obtaining

This is a guide for successfully obtaining testimonies and successfully stealing from Maat.

To obtain Testimony:

In my opinion, the easiest mobs to steal testimonies from are Tonberry Shadowers, which are located in Yhoator Jungle. To find them, enter Temple of Ugglapih through the normal entrance, cast invis (Tonko: Ni) and stick to the right wall until you zone back out - probably a 1 minute run. You will zone back out into Yhoator Jungle. In this area you will find Tonberry Shadowers. A lvl 70 Galka Thf/Nin can (carefully) solo them. For safety, I would kill one to start, and wait for it to respawn, so you know it has a testimony. MAKE SURE YOU DON"T HAVE A THIEF'S TESTIMONY ALREADY IN YOUR INVENTORY OR MOG SAFE! They are Rare, so you can only have one, and after an unsuccessful Maat fight you will still have one laying around, worthless as it is. Drop it. Max your steal gear - AF feet/legs/hat, Thief Kote (if 70, AF hands otherwise), Rabbit Charm, Rogue's ring. Make sure that when you steal your HP is yellow or lower, and that your TP is less than 100%, so the latent trigger on the Rogue's Ring will work. Steal/hide from the one you spawned. Repeat till you get a testimony - 25% success or so from my experience.

Now that you have a testimony, it's time for Maat. Once again, max steal+ gear. Bring a reraiser potion or scroll of instant reraise with you to the fight. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE AN INSTANT WARP SCROLL ON YOU OR IN YOUR MOG HOUSE!! This item is Rare, and it is what you are trying to steal from Maat. If you have one, you will fail every time. Enter burning circle, equip all steal+ gear, use reraiser engage Maat. When you get to yellow or lower and have less than 100% TP, attempt to steal. If you fail, let yourself die quickly. Maat will return to the center. Raise yourself. Rest up while you wait for steal timer, but not above yellow health. Approach Maat and steal immediately once timer is up. It is common for Maat to immediately WS you when you engage him the second time, so make steal your first move. If you fail again, homepoint (no xp loss), drop your worthless testimony, and get another testimony. When I stole successfully from him, he landed about two more hits before he gave up - almost killed me. Try to have enough HP while still in yellow to stay alive - dunno what would've happened if those hits had killed me. Oh, and good luck!

I know that he can be meleed as well, but since I was not successful doing so, I found the above method to be the most effective to quickly get testimonies and maximize chance of stealing from Maat - the most time efficient "rinse and repeat" way to do it. If a moderator finds this useful enough, please sticky.
    A Galka raised by Chocobos, now he runs as one of them.
    Kweh!
    Kweeehh~

so the best strat to steal is to uh..steal!

testimonies are easier to get when you zone into uggalepih from rancorden, thf mobs right there.
    also, you CAN steal from maat with instawarp in your possession, i did it, you just dont get the loot then but he still gives up

Comment

Excellent reply, Lunar - i'd never heard of a successful steal from Maat with Instant Warp in hand. As far as the tonberries, which type are you talking about? Both Tonberry Pursuers and Tonberry Shadowers are Thf type, and both have Thf. Testimonies (I have successfully stolen from both) but the Pursuers are definitely a higher lvl than the Shadowers and are harder to steal from.
      A Galka raised by Chocobos, now he runs as one of them.
      Kweh!
      Kweeehh~

Comment

Ive been trying to steal from gob bandits in cape terrigan and it really sucks. last night I didnt know about the thf test still in my inv and was there for 3 hrs trying to get it. That was really aggrovating Ill try to go to tonberries tho thx alot :D
        Jobs: NIN75 THF75 WAR75 PLD64
        MeritsPT total: 349 (Capped)

Comment

Originally posted by Arximiro
          ... last night I didnt know about the thf test still in my inv ...
          O.o how do you "forget" you have a THF's Testimony already?? I mean... its that like a 'big deal', to get your Test, for G5??

I think i've come across, maybe three testimonies (whm war and bst) in an exp pt. and THF was not one of them.
          Alauna >> : yea.. what do TC majors do, anyways?
          >> Alauna : we are capable of doing lots of things, but aren't really experts in anything :-p
          Alauna >> : oh, so your a RDM?
          >> Alauna : yeah...

Comment

you can reraise up to 3 times. scroll of reraise, reraiser and hi-reraiser. Maybe more but that's all I know.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I don't know if there's a time limit for every job, but I believe bard has a time limit of 10 minutes. So with steal as a 5 min recast, you'd only have time for 2 shots.

Comment

Well if U lose to maat u keep ur test but its a worthless one U have to discard. he dont tell u tho and I instantly went back to get a test. Also in recent news I beat maat with brute force not steal :D
                Jobs: NIN75 THF75 WAR75 PLD64
                MeritsPT total: 349 (Capped)

Comment

This is a great guide:

[Information from changz]

Hi there:

I noticed that you have the THF Genkai5 strategy as for stealing only.
                  I humbly offer my melee strategy, here it goes:

Required Equipment:
                  +Evasion gear is an absolute must.
                  War Gloves
                  Life Belt
                  Opo-opo necklace
                  High dmg dagger
                  *optional* Any Crossbow + Sleep bolts/Blind Bolts (w/capped marksmanship)

Food:
                  Persikos au lait
                  Squid Sushi

Medicine:
                  Icarus Wing x1
                  X-potions x5
                  Sleep potion x4

Highly recommend: capped evasion

Strategy:

Build 100tp at beginning of battle using Opo-Opo Necklace and sleep potions. Use Sneak Attack to start fight, then Dancing
                  Edge seperately. Use Icarus Wing and Dancing Edge again immediately to get Detonation SC. 99% of the time, Maat will
                  2hour now. Wait until your HP drops to orange, then use Perfect Dodge to recover HP using X-potions.
                  This allows you to hit him in between potions and continue to gain TP. Once at 100tp, use Dancing Edge again.
                  This should finish him off.

NOTE: If equipping a crossbow and have high marksmanship, you can also use sleep bolts to sleep Maat for Sneak Attack
                  +WS, or to recover HP with X-potions.

The following video shows the above battleplan in action: http://www.splice2.com/~kksyndic/cha...vMAATlarge.wmv

Comment

Re: Thief Guide for Maat fight (steal) / testimony obtaining

Originally posted by Jei
                    you can reraise up to 3 times. scroll of reraise, reraiser and hi-reraiser. Maybe more but that's all I know.
                    Thfs can also use reraise hairpins and reraise earrings.
                    Nothing to see here people, let's keep the line moving >.>

Comment

Re: Thief Guide for Maat fight (steal) / testimony obtaining

The best place to steal the testimony is Cape Terrigan, there is always one or two gobs Bandit around the outpost. Just make a macro such:
                      /ja Steal <t>
                      /wait 1
                      /ja Hide <me>
                      and u should be fine. zone is near anyways :D

For the fight.... just bring your own scroll of warp. even if u fail, u still win :D
                      That worked for me :3

Comment

Working...
                      X