Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I level summoner on my Mithra or Taru?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I level summoner on my Mithra or Taru?

My mithra is currently a level 38 summoner with all the avatars but Diabolos, but I read that taru's have more MP and make better summoners. My Taru is only a level 7 summoner with no avatars except for Carbuncle.

Also, I haven't partied with many summoners and the ones I have partied with didn't really show anything impressive. Are summoners good in parties, and do they get somewhat fast invites? Of course I mean in later levels, right now the invites are normal and I'm usually asked to main heal which I don't have a problem with.

Re: Should I level summoner on my Mithra or Taru?

Taru's do have most MP. I don't think it would make so much of a difference, that you'd have to start leveling SMN on it though.

Main healing is what you're going to be doing. A lot of it. For a long time. You should get invites as long as you're willing to main heal.
    To be the best in this game...you must help each other become the best.

Comment

Level on whatever race you want. Each race/job combo has its advantages, and even the minor ones can make a difference.

I'm an Elvaan summoner, and I made it to 75 without much worry. Elvaan don't have a good amount of MP but I learned to conserve. Mithra have the second highest MP count I think, so it's all good. Besides, if you're so far on your Mithra summoner why stop now? ^^

Comment

I think the real question is which character do you feel would have access to all the summons first? As of now, were I to level SMN, I'd be more inclined to do so on my mithra than my taru since I can do Fenrir fights on her now and have fame for all the avatars on her as well.

I also try to balance roles on my characters, since my taru is already moving along well as a SCH and I plan to take him to 75, I'm less inclined to take up SMN on him now.

Comment

Why do people even play 2 characters?

I made this mistake long ago and have long since regretted it. Sure, the extra inventory and 95 cooking are very handy, but when I think of all the time and money I wasted on my Taru.... ugh > < plus you have to re-do all those quests and missions...

Honestly, Taru have the better stats, but level it on the character you like better.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

While it's true Tarutaru have more MP, Mithra tie for second highest MP count, as well as having more HP and AGI for added survivability.
            Originally posted by Ellipses
            Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
            Originally posted by MCLV
            A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
            More Sig:

Comment

Pick the character you like playing the most. I don't think you will ever come to regret choosing either race... but playing two characters is something you probably will come to regret.

Comment

More MP =/= Better SMN

You could be a tarutaru with every +MP piece in the game and everyone will still hate you if you do nothing but summon Ifrit and let him melee until your MP is 0. I don't think any other job can compare with SMN with "how you play it" determines how good you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  Why do people even play 2 characters?
                  To master an additional craft, possibly crafts that compliment each other.
                  To be able to specialize my characters without marginalizing them in merits.
                  To obtain gear and play a role on one character that may be burdensome to the other.
                  More BCNM opportunities.
                  Inventory, inventory, Inventory.

Seriously, I'd probably quit if I tried ot play RDM, BRD, COR, BST and RNG on one character. If I merited my jobs on one character, I'd never have the chance to level combat/magic merits how I wanted.

I've got 8/8 Marksmanship, 8/8 Sword and 4/4 Dagger on Kitten. No magic Merits, planning for full MP merits. With COR and RNG done at 75, I've made a character that can also specialize as a PLD, DNC, BLU, THF and many potential mage jobs are open. My magic skill merits are an open book here, I can put full Blue Magic merits and full Summoning or Healing skill merits in on her.

I'm pushing my Tarutaru Foobar down a magical path with SCH right now. I'd likely focus on 8/8 elemental, 8/8 Enfeebling. That is, unless meriting Enhancing or Dark magic prove worthwhile, I know healing won't. Foobar is a BST, so full Axe merits. DRG is also an interest on Foobar, so full lance merits. I could Round that out with 4/4 H2H skill for PUP or other jobs I plan to level on him.

It is a lot of work, but I'm very satisfied with what I can do with Kitten right now. I've got missions to complete on Foobar that are a closed book for Kitten, so there's little holding me back to focus on doing them. Plus, it gives me a chance to reuse that experience for my friends and experience the missions again with them on another character.

The retread is somewhat of a pain at times, but then, it gives me more opportunities and neither character has to marginalize thier performance at the highest levels.

Comment

Tarus have the coolness factor. Mithras have the manthra factor. Summoner fits more into a coolness factor.

But, in all honesty, it is all up to you.
                    Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Guren View Post
                      Tarus have the cuteness factor.
                      fix'd

Comment

To be honest I say stick with the Mithra since its 38 and has all the Avatars. I have allot of friends that are Mithra summoners and they do awesome. There is just to many items that give you more mp, mp regen. The santions and signets are more helpful now.

If char doesn't matter stick with mithra. If you rather be a taru then go taru.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

2 characters is too much........

1 character means you don t have to redo a lot of stuff including missions, quests, subjobs, etc.
                          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Working...
                          X