Level 60 Avatar battles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Level 60 Avatar battles?

In my Opinion, you should bit the bullet and beat the level 20 avatar fights. Instead of using your time and effort into getting 5 level 75 players to help you. Just figure out the way to beat the solo battles. Determine what your are doing incorrectly, and change it.

You are a smn, and because of that you need to step your game up. Make sure you fight the avatars on the elemental day that the avatar is week too. And use steam crab to reduce damage. And make sure to stick 3 Astral flows ftw.

I have done the level 60 fights alot and I did the level 20 fights to obtain all of my avatars. (level 75 smn now with all avatars)

But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
      I tried Shiva as RDM/DRK. It didn't look promising, she was hitting too fast. Which of the Primes the easiest? I might try again with that one, unless people say Shiva.
      Titan is generally considered the easiest. Stone spells are the weakest element and Titan weak to wind (gravity, not sure if they can be silenced at all) So if sh*t hits the fan you can gravity and run for a moment's rest. Titan is the first one I defeated as Whm/Nin, and is rather easy (requires concentration and timing, but not much else)

I certainly didn't mean my statement about soloing that the mini-fights are bad practice. Or that they had any influence as to weather or not Maat would be troublesome if you didn't do them. But there are cheaper ways to practice than blowing gil on meds/equipment and time traveling on the mini battles. Since the main strategy in the mini fights in Astral Flow, max mp doesn't mean much. Where as soloing NM's or mobs for exp your goal is to strech your MP as far as possible. This means having as low of a perpetual cost as possible (at the relevant level of course) and maximizing Blood Pact damage to dish out the bulk of the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        I tried Shiva as RDM/DRK. It didn't look promising, she was hitting too fast. Which of the Primes the easiest? I might try again with that one, unless people say Shiva.
        I find Ramuh the easiest to solo, mostly because I can land Slow on him, and occassionally Ice Spikes will proc, but not often. Shiva isn't too bad, she does swing fast but she tends to miss alot. The hard part in my experiences so far using /DRK is that even on Leviathan I can't land a stun. However, w/ capped enhancing and +37 from AF pants/AF2 gloves/torque you get +98 from barspells, and Crimson Greaves add another 20 to a few of the elements, I usually wear those when fighting avatars; generally their BPs won't do much, and Astral Flow will do < 100.

The hardest solo for me so far has been Garuda, every once in awhile you'll do a run where she just goes batshiat on Whispering Wind and draws the fight out to last an hour.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

There's a good strategy on the solo fights somewhere on ffxiclopedia. It can be advantageous to send Carby in to attack, and hang back while he softens up the avatar. Once he dies, if you're about midway down the course, you'll have time to resummon. Remember, Ethers, not Hi-Ethers; the latter take too long to use. Hi-Potions for healing, macro everything, don't panic. Most of the time the avatars don't hit that hard, so taking a few hits before Carby pulls off Searing Light isn't a huge deal.

If you can get someone to cast Shell (or Protect II/Shell II) before you go in, this helps too. (Light Spirit will do this as well, but the pact is hard to get). Having a second Yagudo Drink for emergency use may help.

I've only done one 60+ fight (Garuda as THF60) for RP purposes, so I can't comment on them, but with good prep and strategy, I was 1/1 on most solo battles.

Also, I'd recommend Lightsday generally, for stronger carby.
          Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
          DRK99,DNC91,THF90
          Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
          Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
          WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
          Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
          All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
          Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
          Clothcraft 24
          Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
          BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
            Titan is generally considered the easiest. Stone spells are the weakest element and Titan weak to wind (gravity, not sure if they can be silenced at all) So if sh*t hits the fan you can gravity and run for a moment's rest. Titan is the first one I defeated as Whm/Nin, and is rather easy (requires concentration and timing, but not much else)
            personally I've found the hardest ones to solo as whm/nin to be the avatars with self healing pacts (leviathan, garuda) - spells whitemage mostly shrugs off (100+ barspell, ~25% magic damage reduction, and 31 m.def, all before gear, makes it easy going) and it's easy to keep some combination of shadows/stoneskin up.

ifrit, titan, and ramuh are all reasonably easy to solo, provided you use a good setup and buff your barspell rating over 100.
            Grant me wings so I may fly;
            My restless soul is longing.
            No Pain remains no Feeling~
            Eternity Awaits.

Comment

Originally posted by Amele View Post
              personally I've found the hardest ones to solo as whm/nin to be the avatars with self healing pacts (leviathan, garuda) - spells whitemage mostly shrugs off (100+ barspell, ~25% magic damage reduction, and 31 m.def, all before gear, makes it easy going) and it's easy to keep some combination of shadows/stoneskin up.

ifrit, titan, and ramuh are all reasonably easy to solo, provided you use a good setup and buff your barspell rating over 100.
              Yes, I had made a reference to soloing the non-self healing avatars in a previous post. And I've soloed those 4 a number of times for fun and a little gil to while bored. I've yet to be killed by an astral flow since capping bar- spell merits and obtaining AF2 pants. Kinda fun to laugh at all the melees that say that whm can't DD ^^ (though not saying much as the avatars would check too weak at 75 >.>;

On a side note: Has anyone noticed that blessed briault doesn't increase the number figures on bar spells? I'm guessing it increases the random number that you'll resist if you resist, and don't know if you can macro it in or if it has to be worn full time and only effects the whm.

Comment

Get this for lolmelee

Got to Shiva to solo, and found a group there of 2 x75MNK, one /war and one /nin, 56WHM, 75BST.

They asked if I would liek to join so I accepted.

Got in, blah blah blah, Shiva 2Hred and down goes MNK/NIN and BST/WHM. MNK/WAR had about 200HP and died shortly after Hundred Fists.

It didnt even break my Stoneskin. So ended up soling the last 45% of Shiva anyway, although I did get a 1 Cure IV from the WHM.

lol!

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
                  Get this for lolmelee

Got to Shiva to solo, and found a group there of 2 x75MNK, one /war and one /nin, 56WHM, 75BST.

They asked if I would liek to join so I accepted.

Got in, blah blah blah, Shiva 2Hred and down goes MNK/NIN and BST/WHM. MNK/WAR had about 200HP and died shortly after Hundred Fists.

It didnt even break my Stoneskin. So ended up soling the last 45% of Shiva anyway, although I did get a 1 Cure IV from the WHM.

lol!
                  Yeah, this is why I'm pretty picky about people standing back out of the fight when I help them with avatars. It never fails that when someone wants to come up and melee with me they get one-shotted by AF.
                  Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I remember when I duo'd Garuda with Kirsteena, Garuda didn't even bother to AF. I felt gypped. :/

Comment

I have recently just got titan through the level 20 cap fight. But i am with Chro in this, its getting annoying and a waste of money trying to defeat garuda and shiva. (don't have windy fame yet)
                      "Leo used poop!
                      The attack was ineffective!"

Comment

Yeah i'm a friend of Vildar's, we've been both trying these fights for a few weeks now and we both always end up losing terribly.

We follow countless guides on what to do at what time etc but it's all down to luck which is always against us

Except when he beat Titan, that was good luck of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
                          On a side note: Has anyone noticed that blessed briault doesn't increase the number figures on bar spells? I'm guessing it increases the random number that you'll resist if you resist, and don't know if you can macro it in or if it has to be worn full time and only effects the whm.
                          it is: m.defense+5 to appropriate element. (this is ~4.8% damage down for most ranges, depending on mob level, presence of innate MAB trait, your MDB etc.)

the relevant part of the formula is the MAB/MDB term. baseline, this is 1.0/1.0

with MDB+5 this would be 1.0/1.05 -> 95.2% (obv. if the caster has a MAB of 20 this is 1.2/1.05 etc)

the barspell value (i.e. 86 base for a meritless/gearless whm75) is the 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16 resist chance; MDB subtracts directly from the effect (similar to magic damage reduction, but applied at a slightly different term).

the bonus from blessed body works for party members and applies at time of barspell cast, not at time of resistance (so you can macro it in immediately before casting your barspell).
                          Grant me wings so I may fly;
                          My restless soul is longing.
                          No Pain remains no Feeling~
                          Eternity Awaits.

Comment

Do all Avatar Primes at full strength. Save your mini forks for travel. Well that's my suggestion. I don't like traveling to places that take forever to walk to so I just save my mini forks for traveling with my smn.

I've never won any mini fights, so I just leveled up another job, got all my avatars on my whm at 60ish except for Fenrir. I waited until I was a 75 whm before I got Fenrir.

3 smn can kill Fenrir with a little difficulty, 4 smn can kill him very easily, 5 well let's just say no contest.

Diabolos requires 4 blm, 1 rdm/drk, and you can leech. I had a very difficult time finding people willing to do this. They just hated Diabolos so much that they didn't want to bother with him.

Technically a 75 SMN can kill the primes solo. Sorry I never did that either, so I couldn't help you with that either. I know 2 SMN can easily duo a prime.
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Amele View Post
                              it is: m.defense+5 to appropriate element. (this is ~4.8% damage down for most ranges, depending on mob level, presence of innate MAB trait, your MDB etc.)

the relevant part of the formula is the MAB/MDB term. baseline, this is 1.0/1.0

with MDB+5 this would be 1.0/1.05 -> 95.2% (obv. if the caster has a MAB of 20 this is 1.2/1.05 etc)

the barspell value (i.e. 86 base for a meritless/gearless whm75) is the 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16 resist chance; MDB subtracts directly from the effect (similar to magic damage reduction, but applied at a slightly different term).

the bonus from blessed body works for party members and applies at time of barspell cast, not at time of resistance (so you can macro it in immediately before casting your barspell).
                              Ok, suppose I should just go ahead and buy one now >.>;; Though thats one more inventory slot being eaten up, time to rework some macros. I already blink more than a christmas tree in most situations, suppose one more blink won't hurt anything.

To Omni: Having smn at 25 I'm not sure, but you do lose the fork if you do complete the mini-battle correct? That for me would be the major perk for a smn main that intends to do the battles fairly often. It's a nice short-cut to the cloisters for later use.

Comment

Well damn, now everyones making me look bad, I have to try it again.
                                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X