Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys i love being a summoner but i might play as another job till summoner gets a fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys i love being a summoner but i might play as another job till summoner gets a fix

Guys i love being a summoner but i might play as another job till summoner gets a fix. I think i partied once and i felt like i was a watered down whm. They would not let me have carby out to do blood pact or they would kick me out of party so i was forced to backup heal with a whm. There were no partys around at the time. i love being a summoner SUMMONER not whm. i think i might wait for Square Enix to fix the issues with summoners. By ether making atatcks stronger or doing something to make me want to keep being a summoner.

sorry for my rant, i am very upset i have been looking foward to being a summoner since i started playing 3 monsth ago and now i feel cheated. i have to say it is so easy to solo and get high exp alone as a summoner. I summon carby have him attack a DC or tough while i atatck another easy or DC after i beat my guy i go over and help carby. i farmed and have gotten at least 4000 exp per hour. i got to lv 11 in less than 4-5 hours of fighting and resting.

Re: Guys i love being a summoner but i might play as another job till summoner gets a fix

Originally posted by Thoris
    Guys i love being a summoner but i might play as another job till summoner gets a fix. I think i partied once and i felt like i was a watered down whm. They would not let me have carby out to do blood pact or they would kick me out of party so i was forced to backup heal with a whm. There were no partys around at the time. i love being a summoner SUMMONER not whm. i think i might wait for Square Enix to fix the issues with summoners. By ether making atatcks stronger or doing something to make me want to keep being a summoner.

sorry for my rant, i am very upset i have been looking foward to being a summoner since i started playing 3 monsth ago and now i feel cheated. i have to say it is so easy to solo and get high exp alone as a summoner. I summon carby have him attack a DC or tough while i atatck another easy or DC after i beat my guy i go over and help carby. i farmed and have gotten at least 4000 exp per hour. i got to lv 11 in less than 4-5 hours of fighting and resting.
    I felt exactly like that when I started summoner. I had always wanted to be a summoner-only job, but, like you said, I felt cheated because parties want me to main heal. At your level, there are 4 things that I know of that you can do:

1. Deny being a main healer which in turn denies the party invite.
    2. Use a Yagudo Drink, use Carbuncle, and you can heal. Yagudo Drinks heal 2 mp per tick for 180 seconds. Level 9 - 17, you lose 2 mp per tick when having Carbuncle out. So when you're level 18, you lose 3 mp per tick when Carbuncle is out. So at your level, when using a Yagudo Drink, your mp just stops since Yagudo drinks adds 2 mp and when using Carbuncle, you lose 2 mp so it basically just stops.
    3. Make your own party with a white mage.
    4. Have a Power Leveler in your party.

I hope this helps even though you can wait for Square Enix to fix summoner since it's broken. I, honestly, don't know any way for them to come up with a good idea for us to not main heal, but they impress us a lot so we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by Rain_Blade; 08-07-2006, 09:59 PM. Reason: Error

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Re: Guys i love being a summoner but i might play as another job till summoner gets a fix

The problem with SMN 1-20 if you havent fought the primes is a lack of flexibility.

You only have Carbuncle and he does very little damage, but you do have lots of mp and Cure I, so you will be the backup healer for the group. Deal with it.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but just get to 20 as soon as you can and get the other avatars, or get a job to 65-75 and get the primes, then come back, or as you have decided to, stop levelling the job altogether.

Personally I felt a bit useless too 10-20, but its over with quick enough, I wouldnt base your whole future with the SMN job on one dunes party that didnt go right. For the forseeable Squeenix havent announced anything that would mean you get out of being a backup healer if you sub WHM, even BLM/WHM ends up being a back up healer in the dunes if needed - you need to be flexible.

Of course, you could just sub BLM and that would end the argument altogether. But really, if you want to make any headway with SMN, just stick to being backup healer till 20 and then get the other avatars and go from there.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Re: Guys i love being a summoner but i might play as another job till summoner gets a

If you don't want to backup heal, continue solo your SMN. I had my first EXP-party on SMN at 27.

Don't give up on SMN until you have fought the mini-avatar battles. They can be a little frustrating at first, but are great fun when you get the hang of it.

Comment

Re: Guys i love being a summoner but i might play as another job till summoner gets a

heh, the thing is, smn's BPs arent really good until garuda's blinkga O_o and still, at higher levels, smns still cure and stuff, but they do get to take out their smns and buff PT/enfeeb mob, etc O_o just give it some time
          WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

Originally posted by forster
            The problem with SMN 1-20 if you havent fought the primes is a lack of flexibility.

You only have Carbuncle and he does very little damage, but you do have lots of mp and Cure I, so you will be the backup healer for the group. Deal with it.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but just get to 20 as soon as you can and get the other avatars, or get a job to 65-75 and get the primes, then come back, or as you have decided to, stop levelling the job altogether.

Personally I felt a bit useless too 10-20, but its over with quick enough, I wouldnt base your whole future with the SMN job on one dunes party that didnt go right. For the forseeable Squeenix havent announced anything that would mean you get out of being a backup healer if you sub WHM, even BLM/WHM ends up being a back up healer in the dunes if needed - you need to be flexible.

Of course, you could just sub BLM and that would end the argument altogether. But really, if you want to make any headway with SMN, just stick to being backup healer till 20 and then get the other avatars and go from there.
            This is a harsh reality of the job but also very very true. The only time a SMN can demand to be more of a SMN at those levels is if they brought another job up through the levels and fought the high level Prime fights to have the Avatars ready to start SMN. With only Carby and Spirits, you will be stuck as a cure machine. That's probably why I didn't go to high on my Taru with this favored job.

Like Forster said, you could sub BLM but the downfall at those levels would be invites would drop rapidly. Especially with the lack of other Avatars to deal damage with. The only two options you have to level it quickly are to sub WHM and be a main healer until 20 or to level another job high enough to be useful in the Prime fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoris

All I can say is.... it gets better....

But if you want a lot of exp parties, and you don't like healing, you're gonna need another job. SMN who REFUSE to heal seems odd to me... In a party with a RDM and SMN with both healing a little it can be VERY effective. I spent a lot of my time DDing magic bursting now (post 60)

Comment

I'm also going to wait for the smn update to continue lvling the job. I played whm through 51 lvls, and I don't want to do it again. I managed to get smn to 20 in pts without being main healer, but I also have all the summons. I was able to do okay damage with Diabolos and Fenrir, but that's just the thing. The damage was 'okay'. Hopefully with the update to summoning magic skill, the damage will be upgraded from 'okay' to 'good'. I'll be satisfied with that.
                75BLM/37NIN
                Malevolent
                Midgardsormr

Comment

At least in Qufim smn can magic burst for 150+. Just get a party that can do impaction or fragmentation. All my parties were amazed how much damage I was doing with Thunderspark. Sadly, the damage won't last long.
                  I crush up my pills and snort them like dust. They are my sugar. They are the sweetness in the days that have none. They drip through me like tupelo honey. Then they are gone. Then I need more. I always need more.

Sig thanks to Aksannyi of Dreams In Vana'diel

Comment

Summoners are good from 1-75, the problem is people arent given the oppurtunity yo play the role of a Summoner and do other things.

I won't go into detail on what exactly we can do because i've mentioned it Many many times in other posts, look me up for more info.
                    But if you want to do something different tell your party to let you be the puller..excitement awaits, I guarantee it.

once you hit 35 team up with a beastmaster or a beastmaster party and go to work..it's amzing and an eye opener, It took levelling with beastmasters to become the summoner I am.
                    It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Anyone have any inside scoop on when the smn update will be released?
                      Lv 75 BLM, 75 SMN, 75 DRK, 75BRD, 75PUP, 70WHM, 70SCH
                      Primary jobs **Animator +1**
                      -----------------------------------------------------
                      Lv 53 PLD, 37 WAR, 37 MNK, 37 THF, 34 RNG, 37 NIN, 24 BST, 37 SAM, 20 BLU, 5 COR, 4 DRG, 37 DNC, <-Secondary jobs
                      LVL 66 CLOTHCRAFT, LVL 55 GOLDSMITHING

Comment

The job is fine as it is (in my opinion)... If you don't like it now, there's a good chance that improvements won't make you love it any more

Comment

What SMN update?

I didnt hear anything about one?

Anyone got the info?

Comment

Se is gonna make adjustments to SMN class along with other jobs to. SMN has come along way from where it started. SE basically wants us to leave our avatars out longer, so they're gonna have to work on perpetuation costs.

One idea is to raise the summoning cost and drastically lower perp cost.and allow our auto refresh trait to work when avatars are out. as it stands when avatars are out autorefresh only works when using astral flow.
                            It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                            A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Ah i see, thanks for the info.

I played SMN a long time ago, got up to 20, but its just not my job.

Well for all those SMNs out there i wish you luck that you dont get gimped or something because of the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X