This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest to solo???

what avatar is the easiest to solo at 20???
    TK

Re: Easiest to solo???

Ifrit, I'd imagine. Leviathan can heal himself. Garuda has shadows (and possibly a way to cure herself too). Titan has stoneskin. Ramuh paralyzes. Shiva sleepgas...

The worst ifrit has is some punches and warcry.
    Generic Info!

Comment

Easy > Hard

Titan > Levithian > Ifrit > Garuda > Ramuh > Shiva > Fenrir > Diabolos > Carbuncle

Medalink

Comment

I would say Titan and Ifrit are the easiest of the lot, since most/all their BPs are close range, or have a short enough range to run away from. Unlike Shiva, Ramuh, Garuda, or Leviathan, their BP's have no added effects. Another one probably as easy (based on luck here) would be Leviathan, but this only comes off that I was 1/1 on him, and he never used Spring Water on himself during the fight.
        Kametame
        Server: Lakshmi

75 BLM | 75 SMN | 37 WHM

Summoning Skill 262/269 (ZOMG! 7 to go!)

w/Equips and Merits 304/269

Comment

why is carbuncle the hardest :O
          where can you solo carbuncle?
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

lmao, I was thinkin the same thing...

Maybe soloing for Ruby as a lvl20 something...

>.>

When I went through them, Titan was easiest, followed closely by Garuda. You still need a lot of prep work and materials to solo any avatar, but after all is said and done, those 2 were easiest to destroy with the Astral Flee method.

Comment

I found Titan the easiest, then Garuda. The others took me a few attempts.

| WHM 75 | BRD 25 | SMN 40 | Cooking 63.7 |

Comment

Tirrock, they don't use those pacts in the 20 cap fights.

Titan, Leviathan, and Garuda are probably the easiest. They don't do anything really special. (Garuda's shadows are removed when you Searing Light.)

Ifrit is a bit tougher since his attack strength is a little more than the others. Still, not very hard.

Shiva can be tough because she uses Ice Spikes which can paralyze Carbuncle.

Ramuh is the hardest simply because he will, 90% of the time, paralyze you at the start. If that paralyze decides to kick in when you're casting paralyna, you can easily lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Taruking
                  what avatar is the easiest to solo at 20???
                  You might want to consider skipping the solo fights at 20 in order to save time and XP when you're an older SMN.

The level 20 NPCs will teleport / warp you to the battlefield as long as you:

1) Are a SMN (any level)
                  2) Have yet to beat the Avatar

The advantages are:

1) You can quickly get to XP parties (or solo) in the areas around the battle field. Once there you don't have to enter the field, you can leave. This saves time and possible death along the way. For example, many people XP in the trees and a battle field is in the back of the Trees.

2) You can quickly get to Avatar parties. Once there you don't have to enter the level 20 fight (don't trade the mini-fork) but instead enter the Prime fight with the tuning fork.

3) You'll end up needing the Prime fights EACH multiple times for Fenrir, your Evoker's ring, and the Avatar weapons, etc.

As for getting your Avatars, I suggest leveling a job until you can go on the Prime Avatar fights.

Another thought is to use the services of Fireblade. For gil, he and his team will get you your Avatars, Fenrir, and Carby Mitts -- basically, he'll help you get all things SMN.

I used Fireblade's services for my Carby Mitts and the offerring. He did a very good and professional job. I found parties for my Avatars, Fenrir, and Evoker's Ring.

Also please note: To get Fenrir and your Evoker's Ring you will need to do Prime Avatar fights. 13 Prime fights as I remember. This is another reason to use the NPC teleport / warping, as 13 trips is a lot.

In any case, I'd be happy to help you (or anyone on Caitsith) on your Prime fights once you're old enough to go.

IB

Comment

While skipping the solo fights does have it's advantages, participating in them does as well.

First, post lost 20's nobody is going to want a smn in the party without at least the basic avatars. You can get away without having Fenrir and Diabolos, but the others are definately a must. If you don't have a job to where you can do the prime fights and you want to go straight with summoner, this is really the only option.

Also, the level 20 fights provide some good training for the job, imo. I learned a lot about the job and the soloing capabilities by doing these fights. It made the Maat fight a breeze and I was able to pay for most of my expensive gear by soloing Shooting Fish, all using the same strategy I used in the solo battles.

By the time you need the Evoker's Ring, getting to and from the cloisters is not really that hard, especially if you do the outpost supplies deliveries.

Comment

In some situations I can see the teleports to the cloisters being a help, but most of the time, I'd be waiting for a group anyway, so... >_>; I don't really regret doing the solo fights. Gave me some useful experience for later levels. Meanwhile prime fights are just so easy, I don't know what you could pick up from those.

Comment

Originally posted by Tif
                        First, post lost 20's nobody is going to want a smn in the party without at least the basic avatars. You can get away without having Fenrir and Diabolos, but the others are definately a must. If you don't have a job to where you can do the prime fights and you want to go straight with summoner, this is really the only option.
                        Just my personal experience.

First, I'm 75 and don't have Diabolos. While he's nice he's not needed to do a good job solo or in a party.

Fenrir I got at level 69 or 70. Parties started asking me for Fenrir around level 65 and turning me down for not having him at 67.

As for the basic Avatars, I got mine along the way. I started out with Titan, Ifrit, and Carbuncle. I didn't get any others until I was in my late 30s. I didn't have any problems with getting or maintaining myself in parties. I found Carby was what I used the most because he took the least amount MP. I started getting into the habit of calling avatars buffing (very little at these levels) and the calling Carby for the fight. Also Carby was the better buffer at the lower levels.

I started feeling the need to get more Avatars in my late 30s and through my 40s. While I didn't have them all, gaining Garuda and Ramuh provided me enough to do a good job in parties.

I got Shiva in my 50s and Leviathan in my early 60s. Yes, people were expecting Leviathan earlier (especially for healing) but I didn't get booted from parties for not having him.

One word of advice I wish I had had: Once you get to your mid 50s and 60s, you need to have good healing macros and the skill to know when your team mates have detrimental status'.

I did get booted from a couple of parties for not keeping up on the bad status', such as silence & paralyzed. Once I got my macros and learned to read the log and watch the HP bars, I was gold.

So, having WHM experience high enough to get this experience is a plus. I took WHM to 38 and didn't have this experience. I learned it as a SMN and paid the price a couple of times.

The bottom line is, you can gain your Avatars over time and still do a good job. Yes, I agree having the basic six when you start is wonderful. Yet, it is not required - at least in this Summoner's opinion.

IBHalliwell

Comment

Ifrit was easiest for me. Titan was next in line.
                          Beyond that it was a hodgepodge of them.

If I remember correctly, Garuda was hard for me for some reason.
                          Buteo
                          Midgardsormr
                          Rank 10 Sandy
                          RotZ: 14, CoP: Complete, ToAU: Mission 8
                          75whm/75smn/40blm/22rdm/15bst/15thf/9war/7rng/5brd
                          Cooking: 100 (Raw Fish Handling, Patissier, Stewpot Mastery, Noodle Kneading)
                          Woodworking: 60 (Lumberjack)
                          Alchemy: 60
                          Bonecraft: 60
                          Clothcraft: 53; Leathercraft: 42; Goldsmithing: 42; Fishing: 42; Smithing: 32

Comment

Originally posted by Kazuki
                            Tirrock, they don't use those pacts in the 20 cap fights.
                            I wasn't sure what level blood pacts the level 20 cap avatars had access too. I only remembered that they had blood pacts way higher than they should at level 20.
                            Generic Info!

Comment

I would have to agree that Titan, and Ifrit are the easiest avatars. Levi and Shiva were a pain for me. Just make sure you have your proper gear and the items you need, fight them on the corresponding day against them and you shall be fine!

DH

Comment

Working...
                              X