This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep tactics

Rdm and Blm can use sleep and nukes to solo when they can't find a party, when they're farming, or for any other reason people would be soloing.

Can summoners do this at 40 with Shiva?
    ~Zozor!

Re: Sleep tactics

If my understanding of the way the smn job works is correct (smn1), then no. You nuke solo by dropping a big nuke on the target and then landing sleep on them asap afterward to keep them from reaching you. If you use your big guns as a summoner, you'd have to wait a whole minute before casting sleepga, during which time you'll get whacked.

You might be able to pull something off with Tail Whip and Rock Buster to kite, but even for that to work those debuffs would have to stick for a looong time.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

yea, soloing with smn doesnt involve sleep/nuke. like taskmage said, bloodpact is on a 1min timer. i think you can get it down to ~45seconds with various equipment and such but still, when you decide to nuke with your avatar, you lose the bloodpact again.

ive seen most smn solo by attacking the mob with their avatar, running across the room. then when their avatar dies, the summon it again and send it to attack. rinse and repeat till mob is dead.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

No no noway^^
        Besides you might get unwanted links due to Sleepga Aoe Summoner solo action usually includes a free carbuncle and monsters which blow themselfes up.
        And most of the time you cannot afford it to waste 1 min of Blood Pact cool down to sleep when you can do damage instead^^
        I recommend not to try this^^
        FEAR THE POWER OF A SUMMONER

- everytime a SMN has to mainheal a Galka rapes a Moogle -

Comment

Originally posted by Kardor
          free carbuncle and monsters which blow themselfes up.
          What a cool idea. O,o
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

yeah, i've heard most summoners solo things by carby kiting.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
            Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
            I live to entertain!

Comment

shiva sleepga has an odd effect since the mpk patch.

Let's say I'm pulling (i'm terrible at pulling) and I get 2 Soldier Crawlers. I shot one, the other just linked and hates me. When I get back to camp, my friend (the awesome summoner) heard my whines about a link and is already finishing casting Shiva. He uses Sleepga on the red mob, but the effect hits the yellow dude. now, he desummons Shiva and we fight the red mob as normal. When the yellow critter would have woke up, instead he despawns.

Most of this makes sense to me, as shiva has mob hate, but shiva despawned so her hate is whiped. What's confusing is that I got the link, so I should still be on the add's hate list. But I'm not. All that's important is that it works.

Btw, we've tried this on multiple types of mobs now (because I exped thf and suck at pulling, as noted above), so it's not presence or absence of scent or sight or sound.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

So, is Carby kiting a totally free thing to do? Once you have the right gear involved in maintaining him, couldn't you just rest up the mp lost from summoning him? So if you wanted to take a really long time to xp, but virtually risk free, is that how summoners do it? I have little to no knowledge of how summoners work later on. I'm curious b/c I don't hear about it anywhere but on here, is it hard to do or do I just not have enough endgame or near endgame experience to have heard of it much on my server?
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I don't know below 70, but once smn get their level 70 blood pact, they can solo easy preys very very easy. I've seen 75 smn farming demons. fenrir BP takes over 60% of the mob's life. Then the smn can either join the melee or let the pet finish the job. move to new mobs, BP again, you can repeat this a couple times before having to rest.

I haven't seen summoners killing things with the carby kite way before so I can't give any comments on that. Doesn't sound like something i'd do myself tho. My friend just let carby straight tank most of the stuff and it can win even the coffer key mobs quite easily.
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I know it's possible to solo the bombs in ifrit's cauldron... actually I've read that you can solo bombs all the way up to 75.

Comment

Yeah, I do it often. With the right gear, you can be getting MP back while carby is out. So you can't lose. Duoing as SMN is even better, because if you keep hate on avatars, you never get hurt.

Comment

Actually you can solo "Exploding Mobs" (Bombs/dolls) which rate up to Tough.
                        I usually solo Tough pots (titan has 1.5 dmg modifier due to blunt dmg) and Dolls(carby assault resummon) in sky while LFG.
                        Basically its possible to solo for a Summoner once he reaches lvl 51 but this isnt easy and sometimes very dangerous for the places you have to go are filled with aggro mobs.

Little example: (Mitts,Austere,Light Staff)
                        1.In Ifrits cauldron you Summon Carby and let it attack a bomb which rates like tough.
                        2.You run away to a safe aggro free spot until carbys Hp gauge disappears.
                        3.If he dies you resummon him ASAP (bombs are faster then they look) wait for carby to HIT the bomb once to reclaim hate.
                        - redo steps 2and 3 till the bomb uses Self Destruct -

This is - in simplified form - the way you solo things as summoner with a free carbuncle.
                        It is also a core principle which applies to lots of other things like Solo BCNM, Solo Avatars and stuff.
                        FEAR THE POWER OF A SUMMONER

- everytime a SMN has to mainheal a Galka rapes a Moogle -

Comment

And at 59 you can get +1 mp per tick back with carby out (Useing Vermy). So your free to land a poision nails to keep hate on carby alot better.

70+ You can easily solo Toughs aswell useing the below method.

Tough Pots in sky.
                          Titan > 70 BP > Run Back > Release > Carbuncle > Gain 30 MP (From Vermy) > Release > Titan > Last 70 BP Kills the mob.

Takes 3mins max and only takes 390 MP if done right So you can do this 3 times with a nice mp pool. Giveing about 500exp in 9 mins.

You can also do this on earthsday and do even more dmg with Titan and only have to land 1 70BP.

This applies with Ifrit vs Undead and the like. Flameing Crush for me allways does 1.7-1.9k DMG on Tough Bones.

51+ Soloing bombs is about the best way to go while LFG, 70+ you might as well just solo or Astral Burn PT cause you can gain more EXP than in a pt. And if you find a few SMN friends who have Sea you can fight the eyes there that Ifrit does 4k dmg to.

Medalink

Comment

Originally posted by Medalink
                            And at 59 you can get +1 mp per tick back with carby out (Useing Vermy). So your free to land a poision nails to keep hate on carby alot better.
                            I don't suggest using blood pacts if you're doing an endurance fight with carbuncle. It just adds hate on you, which gets you killed. Sometimes you'll have those really annoying bombs that refuse to blow up, and carbuncle will lose hate on them and they'll go rushing at the summoner. A berserked T bomb can be pretty painful.

But on EPs or something...sure, why not?
                            Generic Info!

Comment

I have to warn you that sleepaga isn't not reliable on an mob higher than ep-dc hell i'm told even some tw can resist it well, its good like thunderspark for drawing hate to shiva used maybe to save a guys life but not recommended either way you flip it since its probly an hnm or exp target and the avatars have so poor hp against them maybe 3-6hits?

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X