This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base MP or +HMP

Well, my initial plan was to cap you RDM at 75 (71 atm), get BLM fro 65 to ~70, then work on SMN full time till whenever.
    But due to a recent net exp gain of (-10,000) (thank you Dynamis-Bastok, Dynamis-Jeuno, and Kirin!!!! t-.-t) I think i might be starting a little sooner.

Anyways, right now, with minimal gear, my 10SMN/5WHM has 136 MP. Granted, its not a lot, but which do you think would be most effective for either solo exp (slowly) or pt style in the dunes?

Rolanberry Pie: MP+50

Wizard cookie: HMP+5

on one hand, the +50MP would allow whoever i cast to stay out for a little longer, for whatever reason. If i dont end up Main Healing (with cure 1) i can Summon, use a BP and maybe get a few rounds of melee in, or reverse it and get some melee, then nuke it.

On the flip side, HMP+5 would help to get the slightly lower MP pool back up again.

Unfortunalty, the "god of mp food", the marron glace is of little use at this lvl, as 3-5k, for 3hrs of "mediocre mp boost" (becaues 17% of 135 is only 22). Besides... who can survive for 3hrs on the dunes, without dying anyways (aside from a PL or a static LS of adv. players who get lucky)??

thought or comments from experiacnced smn??

=== Edit ===
    Just a side note: i have 7/8 avitars. still need Garuda and ramuh before i can go for Fenrir.
    Alauna >> : yea.. what do TC majors do, anyways?
    >> Alauna : we are capable of doing lots of things, but aren't really experts in anything :-p
    Alauna >> : oh, so your a RDM?
    >> Alauna : yeah...

Re: Base MP or +HMP

Cookies are what I use to this day. Mushroom Stew as well, but normally I am cheap and buy ginger cookies. hMP > MP almost always.
    75BRD, 75NIN, 75SMN, 67RDM, 56WHM
    Rank 10 Windurst | Rank 10 Bastok | Rank 8 Sand'Oria
    Zilart COMPLETE | Promathia COMPLETE
    Smithing 78+1 Cooking 60 Fishing 21

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?3004
    http://niwaar.livejournal.com

Comment

From 1-50, no one will complain if you use cookies. If they give you lip, smack them. Soon as you get a Dark Staff, start considering Marron Glace.
      All spells obtained!
      Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Well, I made it through the dunes in near record time. I got an invite while running through West Saruta (my plan was to head to tahrongi or Shakarami to solo ep/dc's) to a Mostly JP pt, which started out as mnk mnk rdm smn (me), then picked up a drk and whm and camped at the buburimu outpost. That got me from 13-14 (almost 15) rather quickly.

Then 14-17.75 in Valkrum in a few short hours. Ended up solo'ing the last 1k exp by running EM and T Bunnies and a few gobs in front of Selbina. Had just enough MP to stretch it out, with the help of some pineapple juice. (went through 4 stacks of pineapples in 5 lvls).

Ended up using a stack of Rolanberry Pies for most of it, and cookies near the end, once the pie were gone. Dont know if one was better than the other but both seemed to work rather well.

Just 2 more lvl till i can wear my mitts ^^
        Alauna >> : yea.. what do TC majors do, anyways?
        >> Alauna : we are capable of doing lots of things, but aren't really experts in anything :-p
        Alauna >> : oh, so your a RDM?
        >> Alauna : yeah...

Comment

I think +hmp food is the way to go pretty much all the time. SMN have enough MP as it is, adding 50 more won't do quite as much as regaining more while resting, even after dark staff.
          Generic Info!

Comment

I personally skipped the valk PTs, too unreliable, and just duo-Astral Flow killed Damselflies with the help of LS RDM. It was hella fun thats all I have to say, Chain 23 was the highest =P. Works just as well on the Pugils in Qufim too.
            Galka Pride. Tubbers: Retired Nov. 3 2004, unretired Nov. 17 2005
            28 PLD - Super gimp
            30 WAR - Gimp
            33 SMN - Slighly gimp
            34 THF - MEGA Gimp
            37 WHM - Slightly Gimp
            60 DRK - Gimpy mcGimenstein
            Why? Rikura did it >.>
            Max Chain 23 (Summoner)
            Most levels in one party 13 (White Mage)
            Most gimp Dark Knight (I don't even have rings at all = MND + 2)

Comment

Working...
            X