This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New Summoner Armor's

This armor does have merits over dal for non BP wearing armor. There are alot of fights where Magic Def. +5 doesnt do anything(fafnir/nidhogg/aspido/etc) so in those fights its advanteous just for the fact you arnt wasting 50 max HPs everytime you switch armor on dal. As for using it during bloodpacts, its second only to AF2 really and af2 is only a little better off because of +3% crit rate, although on some fights geting a chance to get another bloodpact in before mob runs off/takes off may make it useful. And as for soloing, its the best for carby-manathoning(penance is better with anything else althought switching to yinyang for enmity on BP would be nice) so i wouldnt write it off for useless really, even if you are in a position to be fortunate enough to have dal/penance/af2.

edit: although id wait a month or so to go after it =p
    Last edited by RangerDade; 07-24-2005, 01:05 AM.

Comment

lots of smn running all over romeve today. I was helping my friend, we claimed the NM and got other smn dropping massive weapons train onto us.... another fun day ; /
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I think it all comes down to a matter of resources. For those fortunate enough to own the Relic armor, a Penance Robe, Dalmatica, in addition to the Yingyang Robe, sure they have the luxury to pick and choose what to wear, but what I think is beneficial about this piece is that it opens up more options to us as summoners for those who may not know how to get a Penance Robe (impossible on Midgardsormr), don't own a dalmy, and haven't had a chance to get the relic yet (or have repeatedly lost lots on it). I think it's all about having more choices and if they want to have more summoner armors out there, I'm all for it because it gives us more choices as to how we want to set up our equipment. There are only but so many summoners out there, especially at that high a level, so I think once the initial rush dies down, this will be one of the easiest to obtain high level summoner armors in the game, especially considering how extremely difficult the others are to obtain.

** Added Note **
        Not that it's all that important to what I'm saying, but the only other summoner wearable armor that gives "Refresh Effect" is the Vermillion Cloak, which I have never really liked, partly because I think the expense far exceeds the benefits, but also because I dislike the notion of cloaks because it removes an entire slot of equipment from use (the head). Granted the refresh doesn't make up for the perpetuation reduction you get from the Penance, but I think if you take a look at all the benefits it gives as a whole, it's hard to deny that it's a really solid piece of armor with many desirable qualities.
        Last edited by RandomKG3; 07-24-2005, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Not that it's all that important to what I'm saying, but the only other summoner wearable armor that gives "Refresh Effect" is the Vermillion Cloak
          not to be pedantic but dalmatica gives refresh also
          63/63 maps obtained

Comment

We've actually had good drop rate on this thing so far. Missed it first day servers were up because no one knew. Second day killed it, no drop. Third day lost it, people who killed it got drop. then killed it 3 days in a row and got drops all 3 times, which got all of our SMNs robes. Had two or three THFs each time, one with TH3

Comment

ooooo,that looks good o.o
              nyeh

Comment

Working...
              X