• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Summoner Armor's

Ying Yang Robe

Rare/EX Level 71
    DEF 43 MP +25, Adds 'Refresh' Effect, 'Blood Pact' Ability Delay -5

Does anyone know where to get this Godly thing?

Purgatory Collar rare/ex
    Enchantment: "Conserve MP"
    Lv.65 WHM/BLM/SMN

astute cape rare/ex
    MP+25 Summoning magic skill +5
    Ninjutsu skill +5
    Singing skill+5
    Lv.73 All Jobs

Summoners got some nice items this time around and I really would like some of them.

Double Post Edited:
    More good items

Level 40
    Vilmas Ring Rare/Ex
    Intelligence +1
    Mind +1
    Charisma +1
    Convert HP to MP +25
    Last edited by tazirai; 07-21-2005, 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It's Official Promathia Hates me....
    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Re: The New Summoner Armor's

Yin-yang robe is dropped by a new NM weapon in Ro'Maeve. Fun fun is all that comes to mind
    All spells obtained!
    Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPeorth
      Yin-yang robe is dropped by a new NM weapon in Ro'Maeve. Fun fun is all that comes to mind
      thank you, thank you, Guess I'll be setting up a Ro'Maeve Run soon, Luckily I know tons of folks and willing to help. Now I just need to research it.
      それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
      Trielは博雅なる大召喚士

Comment

f-8 ro'meave. need a ranger to scan for it. the mob is invisible. lol
        Thom @ Lakshmi server -> 70WHM/75PLD/75SMN
        Shall Shell / The Ultimates / FatesHand All Right!

Comment

blue cape +1 and serket+evokers ring make the other items useless. penance robe and dalmatica are still better combo for smn.

so this isnt any better than what's already available
          63/63 maps obtained

Comment

Originally posted by grunion
            blue cape +1 and serket+evokers ring make the other items useless. penance robe and dalmatica are still better combo for smn.

got Blue cape +1 , Dun want serkets (not enough Gil for it, and refuse to hunt 7 million x to get it. Got evokers. Hate Doin HNM hehe ^^.
            And for lower level Summoners some of those items are very worth it.
            Lets face it not everyone will be into/ nor want to join an HNMLS.

Some are, this broadens the options.
            I already Have AF2 Body, But I still want the Robe ^^
            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士

Comment

Originally posted by grunion

Alright, granted im not 75, I have lost as many lots on SMN af2 as I have seen it drop, no blue+1/serket either. But someone explain to me why Penance would be better than this? For that matter why is Dalmy better (this is something I do own). Dalmy refresh is great and all, but 50>50 with no bp-5, or +25 and bp-5 with the same refresh and ability to wear a hat. I my partner got the first one on Ramuh yesterday, I will say it is odd to see her in a gi as a smn, but its sexy looking just the same. It also seems to just flat out own Austere/Penance. With her AF2 pieces (Feet, Hands, Legs) and Penance Hat, her BP timer is 44 seconds. Tell me how thats not as good as Dalmy? I can see why you would trade off the bp timer for the -2 perp from penance body, but still, switching between it and dalmy removes 50% of the use of dalmy (the mp). Plus, atleast on my server, Penance Body is harder to get a hold of than the Dalmatica.
              75BRD, 75NIN, 75SMN, 67RDM, 56WHM
              Rank 10 Windurst | Rank 10 Bastok | Rank 8 Sand'Oria
              Zilart COMPLETE | Promathia COMPLETE
              Smithing 78+1 Cooking 60 Fishing 21

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?3004
              http://niwaar.livejournal.com

Comment

The robe is dropped by Shikigami Weapon in Ro'Meave. You cannot claim the weapon conventionally, you must link it like Rapido. It seesm the weapon only will link at night though. There is a topic on KillingIfrit. I'll see if i can get a link.
                Oh BTW, you dont need moongate pass to get to him, he is outside the moongate.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

omfg I want this shit O.O!

Comment

There is almost never a case where there is one absolute armor to wear. For more conventional players, I agree, this is probably the most ideallistic piece to get outside of a HNM or Dynamis linkshell. For the more intense, there is no one body piece to use all the time. In a best case scenario, a summoner having relic body and a dalmatica would probably use the dalmatica in-between bloodpacts, and switching in relic during for recast reduction.

Either way, the robe is nice, and has its uses... but it's going to be ugly with relic armor, and that is moderately upsetting...

By the way,

I my partner got the first one on Ramuh yesterday, I will say it is odd to see her in a gi as a smn, but its sexy looking just the same. It also seems to just flat out own Austere/Penance. With her AF2 pieces (Feet, Hands, Legs) and Penance Hat, her BP timer is 44 seconds.

Relic hands, legs, and feet are each -2, penance hat is -3, with the robe, we are looking at -14 total. Recast should be 46, no?
                    orz.

Comment

As far as the new NM, seems drop rate is low.

Reports fought it twice with thfs and their th3+ no drop both times. Spawn is long, so these are only preliminary results.

The NM itself isn't that powerful, just a lot of HP.. A thf could probably solo/duo if it weren't such a pain in the rear long fight and perhaps being linked.

So smn's start finding 4-leaf clovers...you're going to need it, it seems.

Comment

But someone explain to me why Penance would be better than this?
                        penance robe is -2 perpetuation (or -3 if day+avatar is a match) so you'd wear that with an avatar out

dalmatica is 25 more MP and usable by other jobs so you'd want that when an avatar is not out.
                        63/63 maps obtained

Comment

Yeah 46 seconds with it all, BP timer is waaay short.

I see the interest in the perpetuation cost parts of Penance Body, but the MP from the Dalmy just isnt something that can honestly be a + for Dalmy, if you do what a what you say you would do and switch out of Dalmy when avatar is out. That mp goes away when you switch it out of the armor anyway. Regardless of all that I will be wearing my Dalmy when I can since getting this armor is an excercise in insanity. 40 people in Romaeve 5 ls's camping against each other, its harder to pull than Faf.
                          75BRD, 75NIN, 75SMN, 67RDM, 56WHM
                          Rank 10 Windurst | Rank 10 Bastok | Rank 8 Sand'Oria
                          Zilart COMPLETE | Promathia COMPLETE
                          Smithing 78+1 Cooking 60 Fishing 21

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?3004
                          http://niwaar.livejournal.com

Comment

Originally posted by StarvingArtist
                            I figured you'd want this piece Triel, as I said before get your butt back in~ I'll help hunt it with you. Also come hunt Buffalo with me, we need our Goblin hats and I don't think either of us want to pay 100k+ for that stupid hide. Plus, maybe we can snag that Cure Clogs NM. (I saw it yesterday, but 2 others got it orz)
                            GREAT since you mentioned Buffalo , That means I sense Some Promathia for Silent Line? Just hope Osaka has it also.
                            Ill be back monday night, gonna be on dial up for the tiem being though. So ill patch all day monday while at work.
                            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士

Comment

Just a random BLM wondering into a forum he doesnt belong:

-recast bloodpact can really kick while you are soloing and now that RNGs cant do good dmg on Kirin, SMNs seem to be the best dds out there >.>

Comment

Working...
                              X